pionship game as the South Division representative by beatin

in Bewerbung 03.11.2019 05:42
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

HARRISON, N.J. -- Before Saturdays practice, Tim Cahill had a premonition about New York Red Bulls teammate Fabian Espindola. "I told Fabian yesterday that he was going to score," Cahill said of the Red Bulls forward, who got his first goal since April 20 in a 2-0 victory over the Houston Dynamo on Sunday. "It didnt matter how long he had been without a goal," Cahill said. "Hes been playing well. When our front line plays well, it takes the pressure off the midfield. Im so happy for him. Ive said time and time again that this team cant worry about stats. We have to worry about getting wins." Espindola broke a scoreless tie in the 60th minute off a feed from Eric Alexander. Jonny Steele put the game away with two minutes left in regulation, giving the Red Bulls (8-6-4) their first win since defeating Los Angeles on May 19. They were 0-2-1 during that span, which included a three-week hiatus. "It was huge for us," said first-year coach Mike Petke. "I think todays game was vital. I wont say the must-win thing, but it was a very vital game. If we dominated like the way we did, thats a positive step to get back to the mentality we had before the break." The Red Bulls moved within one point of first-place Montreal in the Eastern Conference. Houston (6-6-5) remained winless in its last seven matches, going 0-4-3. "Were just making t many mistakes and those mistakes punish you," Dynamo coach Dominic Kinnear said. "Overall, our play has been gd, but sometimes it comes down to what youre doing in both boxes. You go through things like this in the MLS, but just because youve done it before doesnt mean Im not worried and upset." Espindola, who had two goals in the season opener, got behind the defence after Alexander fed him with a perfect lead. He made a solid 20-yard run with the ball, then touched a left-fted shot past goalkeeper Tally Hall for Espindolas fourth of the season. Steele then put the game away in the 88th minute. He tk a return pass from Thierry Henry and buried it hard into the upper right corner of the goal. It was Steeles second goal of the season. "We were playing very hard and we got some gd chances," Steele said. "We had our chances in the second half and we capitalized. If you keep a clean sheet, then you have a gd chance to win." Steele tk a kick to the face from Kofi Sarkodie in first-half stoppage time and received a cut to the chin that required five stitches. "But nothing was going to keep me off the field today," Steele said. Petke credited the play of his two goal scorers. "If you would have told me before the season that Fabian and Jonny would be front-line starters for us at this point, I would have said, Probably not," Petke said. "The two of them work so hard. They epitomize what hard work means. They got rewards for their hard and work and it was gd for them." Luis Robles made three saves for his fifth shutout of the season. "It was a real important win for us," Cahill said. "We needed to bring back some stability. We hadnt won in a while. But I felt confident from the start. I knew we had the upper hand. I didnt feel like they could hurt us as long as we played with discipline." The Dynamo failed to score a goal for their third straight game. "Its been a difficult time for us and things have been going against us," Giles Barnes said. "Its a game of inches. ... Once we get one, then things will open up for us."Cheap Air Max 2018 China .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brklyn. Green Air Max 2018 . Roman Josi had a goal and an assist to lead the Predators to a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night. http://www.cheapairmaxsaleonline.com/ . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. Air Max 2018 Outlet . A knee to the thigh might have stung him the most, but his sixth straight double-double made up for the brief burst of pain. Air Max 2018 Discount . The (11-11-4) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 26 points. Fifth place Dallas and sixth-seeded Nashville also have 26 points, but the Stars have three games in hand on Winnipeg while Nashville has two.BOULDER, Colo. -- The current Coach Mac let Colorados original Coach Mac do the inspiring at practice.He sure did, t.Longtime Buffaloes coach Bill McCartney showed up Tuesday and delivered a motivational speech that had coach Mike MacIntyre almost wishing it were game day. Thats how fired up his 12th-ranked Buffaloes were after an appearance by the coach who led Colorado to its only national title following the 1990 season.Who better to stop by before the biggest game in years for Colorado (8-2, 6-1 Pac-12) -- a showdown with No. 20 Washington State (8-2, 7-0) on Saturday at Folsom Field.I just had him say something to the team, and of course he did an awesome job, MacIntyre said. Hes been in this situation before, so the players were all locked in on what he had to say.McCartney, who was recently diagnosed with late-onset dementia , tends to drop by practice about once a month. But this particular trip had even more meaning because his grandson, Colorado outside linebacker Derek McCartney, was honored Tuesday as a member of the Allstate AFCA Gd Works Team, which recognizes athletes for making a positive impact on the community. Derek McCartney is an advocate for the organ transplant community after losing someone close to him who was on the waiting list.Derek McCartney is out for the season after tearing his ACL on Sept. 17 at Michigan .Dereks a special kid, genuinely humble, extremely talented, Bill McCartney said. Hes everything youre lking for as a coach. Hell turn this (setback) into something gd by getting stronger as hes waiting to come back.Over the summer, McCartneys family announced he had dementia and Alzheimers. They went public just to alert everyone in the area who runs into the outgoing coach that if he appeared disconnected or unknowing, not to take it peersonally.ddddddddddddAsked Tuesday about his health, McCartney said hes feeling gd and quickly pointed out that while hes 76, his mother lived to be 103.Youre supposed to play your best ftball in the fourth quarter, so I have to have my `A game, McCartney said, laughing.At 93-55-5 , McCartney is the winningest coach in Colorado history and was inducted into the College Ftball Hall of Fame in 2013.And theres no bigger fan of the black and gold than McCartney, who has box seats for every home game. He firmly believes in the current Coach Mac, t.A really quality leader, McCartney said. This is a time we live in where kids dont believe everybody that talks to them. But they believe him. They trust him. They dont think hes deceiving them for his own benefit. They think hes in it for them. When you get kids like that, that believes in the coach like that, all bets are off.In McCartneys opinion, thats why the Buffaloes are in the midst of their best season in ages. Theyre already heading to their first bowl game since 2007.But plenty more awaits. They can earn a place in the Pac-12 championship game as the South Division representative by beating Washington State this weekend and Utah on Nov. 26.This squad reminds McCartney of his talented teams because of their willingness to be coached.Coach Mac is a guy I lk up, a man that I admire and get advice from, MacIntyre said. I listen to every word he says. Its an honor and privilege to coach at the university he was at. Its an honor and a privilege to have his namesake -- Coach Mac and Coach Mac. Thats a special thing for me.---Follow AP Sports Writer Pat Graham on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pgraham34 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 109 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen