home of baseballs San Diego Padres.

in TeeLeague 01.11.2019 12:14
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina -- For the love of his country, Lionel Messi has reconsidered his decision to quit international soccer and will continue playing for Argentinas national team.Messi said Friday that he is returning despite a lot of problems involving the countrys federation, which is mired in financial chaos and under FIFA intervention.There are a lot of issues that need to be resolved in Argentine ftball, but I prefer to help from within and not criticize from the outside, Messi said. I dont want to cause any harm, Ive always tried to do the exact opposite and help out in whatever way possible.Messi said he was done with the national team after Argentina lost to Chile in the Copa America final in June, when the Barcelona playmaker missed a penalty kick in the decisive shtout.A lot of things went through my mind on the night of the final and I gave serious thought to quitting, but my love for my country and this shirt is t great, Messi said in a statement released by his managers.Messi was clearly frustrated as Argentina missed yet another chance to win a significant title. Although the 29-year-old Messi has won virtually everything with Barcelona, he has failed to lead the national team to victory in a major competition. His only trophy with Argentina came with the under-23 team at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.Messi and Argentina also lost to Chile in a penalty shtout in the final of last years Copa America. They lost to Brazil in the 2007 Copa America final and to Germany in extra time in the 2014 World Cup final in Brazil.Its been four finals, its not meant for me, Messi said after this years defeat. The national team is over for me.Messi was also upset with the internal crisis involving the Argentine Ftball Association, which has been facing governance problems and claims of financial corruption and mismanagement. Coach Gerardo Martino also resigned after the Copa America and the nation had trouble sending an under-23 squad for the Olympic tournament in Brazil. Argentinas youngsters didnt make past the group stage at the Rio Games.A record five-time world player of the year, Messi hadnt talked publicly after shocking Argentina and the rest of the world with his unexpected resignation. Many people back home were urging him to reconsider his decision and return to play at least until the 2018 World Cup in Russia.Newly appointed Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza, who traveled to Barcelona to try to convince Messi to return to the national team, included Messi for upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Uruguay on Sept. 1 and Venezuela on Sept. 6. Argentina is third in the South American qualifying group, behind Ecuador and leader Uruguay after six matches.Messi thanked those who wanted him to continue playing for Argentina.I hope that well be able to give them something to cheer about sn, he said.---AP Sports Writer Tales Azzoni contributed to this report from Sao Paulo. Cheap Air Max 720 Uk . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. Cheap Air Max 200 Uk .ca lks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.fakeairmaxukoutlet.com/best-max-90-trainers-cheap-uk.html .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. Cheap Air Max 95 Wholesale Uk . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. Fake Air Max Trainers . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. VALLEY FALLS, S.C. -- Deion Holmes came off the bench to score 21 points and Josh Cuthbertson added 10 points and 10 assists as South Carolina Upstate picked up its first win of the season by cruising past Division II Mars Hill, 91-66 on Monday night.Malik Mre opened the game by drilling a 3-pointer 17 seconds into the contest and the Spartans held the Mountain Lions scoreless for more than four minutes while building a 12-0 lead. Ramel Thompkins bkended the first half by drilling a late 3 tto send SC Upstate into halftime with a 57-24 advantage.ddddddddddddHolmes hit a 3-pointer four minutes into the second half that made it 68-36 and the Spartans pulled their starters.SC Upstate (1-1) shot 45.8 percent from the field (33 of 72) and hit 12 of 32 from distance (37.5 percent).Vernon Jackson led the Mountain Lions with 22 points and Luke Van-Rijn added 18. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 172 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen