Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Mich

in TeeLeague 01.11.2019 12:13
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Indianapolis-based Rob Mullett is a British 3,000 metre steeplechaser at his first Olympic Games. He has been staying at the Team GB training camp in Belo Horizonte before he competes in his heat in Rio on Monday. He gives the inside track on life as an athlete in Brazil, on the day the track and field action begins:If preparations are anything to go by, there could be quite a few more great medal days for Team GB to come.At the training camp, at least, things have been pretty much ideal. Everything has been thought of and the md has been sociable and relaxed. In fact, it has felt a lot like a regular European set up for me, so I hope it is not t much of a shock when I get to Rio.I know what youre thinking: they all say that -- I dont believe him. Well, you should, because if things were rubbish I would have no problem at all saying so. It just really has been gd up here. I havent even heard of anyone picking up an injury and with the number of people who have been through, the odds were high that someone would have a problem.Weve got nice, quiet accommodation, the track we train on is pretty new and only about a mile away from our hotel. Us runners have had a lake nearby to run round, t, a handy 11.5-mile circuit.The only thing anyone has had a gripe about is the desserts, which have been fruit, fruit or, er, fruit. Weve had fairly standard fare for meals - pasta and sauce, rice, the usual - and that has provided decent fuel for training, but there have been some serious cheesecake cravings for some of the people who have stayed here.People might be a bit surprised but athletes can have a sweet tth t, and if they dont overdo it, its ok once in a while.Cheesecake isnt my thing particularly but I have been encouraged by rumours of free McDonalds in the athletes village. A lot of us like an occasional splurge there (when people sometimes do go a bit over the top!), so we better not have been given false hope.The md has been upbeat all week and it is a gd set-up in a nice location. The locals are friendly, saying hi or hitting their car horns when they see us out running in Team GB kit. There have been a few ftball matches up here, t, which has made it a proper Games venue.Its not t sanitised either and getting out to train has ensured that has been the case for me, giving me a real feeling of being in Brazil. The capybaras around the lake have also helped with that; they are funny-lking large rodents, a bit like giant guinea pigs, and there are loads of them there.Are they dangerous? I dont think so. They dont seem bothered by people, anyway, and the fishermen around the lake are equally unfussed by them.Inside the camp, weve been keeping an eye on events at the Games from our lounge, which has all the BBC channels available on several screens and a load of sofas.The event that seemed to capture a lot of peoples attention was the womens road race last weekend, which was pretty dramatic. Lizzie Armitstead finished out of the medals and there was a nasty crash -- it kept a big group of us glued to the screens.At other down times, if were not just relaxing in our rms, there are two swimming pls, pl tables and computer games for people to play. Lots to occupy yourself away from training.The British Olympic Association also put on a separate opening ceremony celebration for the athletes at a big sports club in the city centre. They got everyone together in the same clothes that the guys wore in Rio and we had a nice evening watching events on a projector screen.The BOA has been trying to emphasize one team and I can say 100 percent theyve done a great job of integrating the different sports as much as possible. A few of the bigger names havent been in: Mo Farah, Jess Ennis-Hill and Greg Rutherford. I suppose they might have missed out a little bit, but they have been to Olympics before and know what works best for them.All I have had to worry about really is competing, and Im a pretty relaxed about that at the moment. My family and girlfriend get into Brazil on Saturday, when I will have arrived in the athletes village, and Im really lking forward seeing them. Its all pretty exciting.I will find out who I am up against over the weekend and my coach will be here to help me plan my race. Ive got my sights firmly set on the final and cant wait to get going. Fake Jerseys For Sale . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. Fake Jerseys From China .ca lks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. https://www.fakejerseys.us.com/ . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. Fake Hockey Jerseys . The 19-year-old Olsen played 34 games with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL this season. In that time, hes recorded 17 goals and 17 assists with 36 penalty minutes. Fake NBA Jerseys . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins safety Reshad Jones has been diagnosed with a shoulder injury that could end his season, and he plans to seek a second opinion.The team expects to know more by midweek about the injury, which occurred during Sundays win over the Pittsburgh Steelers .Jones, a seven-year veteran, was selected to the Pro Bowl for the first time in 2015. He led the Dolphins and all NFL defensive backs last year with 106 solo tackles, and has 31 this seasonn.ddddddddddddHe made his first interception of the year against Pittsburgh. His injury could further deplete a secondary already without rkie starting cornerback Xavien Howard because of a knee injury.Jones hasnt missed a game because of injury in the past five seasons.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 180 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen