John surgery) is scheduled to throw a batting practic

in TeeLeague 01.11.2019 12:13
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Australias Olympic champion hurdler Sally Pearson has torn a hamstring in training and wont compete at the Rio Games.Pearson, the defending Olympic 100m hurdles champion, suffered the injury while training on the Gold Coast, Australian news outlets reported on Wednesday.The 29-year-old will hold a media conference on Thursday after news surfaced of her latest injury on Wednesday.Pearsons manager Robert Joske and Athletics Australia on Wednesday refused to comment but its understd the hurdler suffered the injury last weekend.It doesnt lk gd, which is just such a shame for a fantastic champion and a fantastic fighter, Australias Olympic chef de mission Kitty Chiller told reporters in Perth.Its devastating for us and the team.Pearson had returned to her Gold Coast base to find fitness and form after struggling in three comeback races in Europe earlier this month.The races were her first competitive outings after a year-long because of a broken wrist and a torn calf muscle suffered in a fall during a race in June last year.Her comeback was stalled by achilles and hamstring issues.She made the decision to come back to the Gold Coast to get another couple of weeks gd hard training base in, and thats where this injury occurred, Chiller said.It was always an uphill battle for Sally to get back to her best form in Rio. If anyone was going to do that, she would have done it because shes such a huge fighter.Pearson, who won gold in her pet 100m hurdles event at the 2012 London Olympics, four years after winning silver in Beijing, was to have been Australias track and field team captain at the Rio Games which start August 5.The former world and dual Commonwealth champion had previously told of her frustration at her below-par comeback in Europe.I was a little disappointed with my results and also disappointed that my body was letting me down a little, Pearson wrote on her website on June 18.This has been a big year, broken bones, torn calf, degenerative achilles and hammy problems ... sometimes I wonder why I still continue to do this sport.What brings athletes back even after we get pushed down time and time again from disappointment? For me, its the excitement, the fun and the pure determination that I can overcome the setbacks and still deliver my best. Wholesale Custom Nike Baseball Jerseys . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. Cheap Custom Nike Baseball Jerseys . A lawyer for MLB, Matthew Menchel, confirmed Wednesday the league dropped its case against Biogenesis of America, its owner Anthony Bosch and several other individuals. The lawsuit had accused Biogenesis and Bosch of conspiring with players to violate their contracts by providing them with banned performance-enhancing substances. https://www.customnikebaseballjerseys.com/ . -- Quarterback Will Finch threw for 252 yards and three touchdowns, and Yannick Harou rushed in two scores as the No. Custom Nike Washington Nationals Jerseys . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. Custom Nike Houston Astros Jerseys . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The Tampa Bay Rays are running out of explanations for a frustrating stretch thats dumped them into a deep hole in the AL East.The last-place team lost for the 12th time in 13 games on Tuesday night, failing to take advantage of early opportunities to score runs and unable to stop Boston from pulling away late in an 8-2 Red Sox victory.One night after snapping an 11-game losing streak by pounding out a season-high 18 hits in a 13-7 win, the Rays went 0 for 5 with runners in scoring position against Rick Porcello, whose ability to minimize damage during a fourth-inning jam proved to be the difference.The Rays loaded the bases with no outs in the fourth, but only scored once -- with Porcellos third walk of the inning forcing in the run. The Boston right-hander, who had not walked more than two batters in any of his previous 19 starts, wiggled off the hk by getting Logan Forsythe to fly to right field and fanning Hank Conger and Brad Miller.Ultimately, it came down to the fourth inning, manager Kevin Cash said. We didnt get it done when we had an opportunity.Porcello (9-2) and reliever Junichi Tazawa didnt allow another baserunner until Millers solo homer trimmed Tampa Bays deficit to 6-2 with two outs in the seventh.Travis Shaw homered and drove in five runs for the third time this season for Boston, which snapped a three-game losing streak.That fourth inning, it was a huge spot to get out of that jam, Shaw said. A lot of things havent been going right, but I dont think our confidence or our faith in everybody in this locker rm was swayed one bit.Shaw had a solo homer, a two-run double and a two-run single. David Ortiz continued to climb the career RBI list with a third-inning double, and Jackie Bradley Jr. and Hanley Ramirez also drove in runs for Boston.We had a very gd offensive night, manager John Farrell said.dddddddddddd Travis Shaw hitting the home run kind of jumpstarted us, and a big night he continued to have.Shaw homered in the second inning. Ortizs hit gave the Red Sox a 2-0 lead against Chris Archer (4-11), whos gone from being an All-Star a year ago to leading the major leagues in losses this season.Overall, I felt like I pitched a decent game, Archer said. But it was not gd enough to get the win, so Im not very happy with it.Archer, who allowed four runs and seven hits over 6 1/3 innings, fell to 1-8 lifetime against the Red Sox, whove won eight straight decisions against the right-hander.TRAINERS RMRays: OF Corey Dickerson (sore left thumb) missed his third straight but was available to pinch hit. ... RHP Alex Cobb (Tommy John surgery) is scheduled to throw a batting practice session Thursday.CLOSING TIMERays closer Alex Colome was placed on the 15-day disabled list with right medial biceps tendinitis. The move was retroactive to June 19, so the right-hander is eligible to come off the DL on Monday. Were not t concerned, said manager Kevin Cash, who plans to mix-and-match late in games with Colome sidelined.UP NEXTRed Sox: LHP David Price (8-4, 4.68 ERA) starts the series finale against his former team. The 2012 AL Cy Young Award winner ranks among the league leaders in strikeouts, innings pitched and wins. He has an AL-leading four outings with double-digit strikeouts, most by a Boston pitcher in a single season since Jon Lester had seven in 2010.Rays: LHP Matt Mre is 3-4 with a 5.40 ERA in eight career appearances against Boston, including seven starts. Hes 1-2 with a 6.35 ERA in three starts against the Red Sox at Tropicana Field. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 52 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen