ing mishap a couple weeks ago, nothi

in Bewerbung 23.10.2019 15:31
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Scott Brks returns to familiar territory Wednesday night, though the view will be very different.Brks Washington Wizards (6-10) head to Oklahoma City to face the Thunder (11-, the first time the coach will face the team he coached for seven seasons.Thats a little ambitious if Im thinking theyre gonna give me an ovation, Brks said Tuesday night, then added that he was hoping for a warm response.After taking a year off, Brks tk over as Wizards coach in April. Brks first NBA head coaching gig was with the Thunder, from 2008-15. He went 338-207 with the Thunder, going from 22-47 in his first season to 50-32 in his second. Brks coached the 2012 team to the NBA Finals, with Russell Westbrk, Kevin Durant and James Harden.Brks built strong relationships with Durant and Westbrk, and became known for his loyalty to his players, as well as for his winning.Scotty, hes my guy, honestly, Westbrk said. He gave me a real shot to be able to do some of the things and kind of let me go out there and make mistakes.When Westbrk made those mistakes, Brks always had my back.Brks was fired in 2015 after the Thunder missed the playoffs for the first time since the 2008-09 season. Hed taken the franchise to the playoffs for five straight seasons.We had a great run, Brks said. Unfortunately it ended for me, but thats the business were in. I have a lot of respect for the organization. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the players that I coached.When Brks was fired, Thunder general manager Sam Presti said the decision was not a reflection of this past season, but rather an assessment of what we feel is necessary at this point in time in order to continually evolve, progress and sustain.Presti and Brks have spoken very little since Brks said Tuesday. Brks said that hes lking forward to his return, but also not lking back.I appreciate the opportunity [Presti] gave me, Brks said. Theres no hard feelings. Its always a difficult decision for him to make and for me to handle. But you always have a choice on everything, to be better from it or be bitter and frustrated. I was disappointed, but I should have been. But thats part of it.In a statement to The Oklahoman, Presti said, When you lk at the history of the Oklahoma City Thunder, Scott holds a special place. We all have great appreciation and respect for his contributions as the head coach of the Thunder during his tenure here. I know everyone is lking forward to seeing him back on the sidelines in The Peake.He set the tone for a lot of guys coming into the league and what it was like to be a professional and how we go about our work and our business, Thunder forward Nick Collison said. Hes very important to what weve built here, no question about that.Air Max Tavas Canada .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternn. Nike Air Max Canada Sale . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. http://www.clearanceairmaxcanada.com/air-max-95-canada-sale.html . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. Nike Air Max Canada Replica . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. Nike Air Max Canada Online . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to lk at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in.Tyson Gay elected not to compete in the opening day of USA Bobsleds national push championships in Canada, getting a little more time to transition from being an Olympic sprinter to someone who runs on ice.Another sprinter stole the show instead.Ryan Bailey, in only his second week in the sport and first time competing on ice, won the mens brakeman competition Wednesday -- enhancing his chances of making the national team. Bailey won the preliminary championship last month, though that was on dry land and left him with no expectations coming into his first time racing on ice.To get a chance to compete in the Winter Olympics would be amazing, Bailey said. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be possible, so getting this chance is mind-blowing.Bailey was part of the 2012 Olympic team at the London Games, a teammate of Gays there. Gay was recruited to bobsled this summer after the Rio Games, in part by Willie Gault -- the former NFL wide receiver who also was a bobsledder.Gay got to Calgary, which has an indr facility thats hosting these championships, earlier this week. USA Bobsled said it was decided that it was in Gays best interest to focus on learning Wednesday and not immediately jump into competition.A number of other Olympic veterans, of the Winter Games variety, also got titles on Wednesday.Two-time Olympic medalist Elana Meyers Taylor won the womens pilot title, the eighth start title of her career and the fifth since she left the brakemaans seat and became a driver.dddddddddddd.Its great getting everyone back together on ice, Meyers Taylor said. We train all summer for this. Its what we live for. Its so much fun to be back out there, to see everyone making improvements.Olympic gold medalist Justin Olsen set a record from the drivers push bar to win the mens pilot title, and Olympic bronze medalist Aja Evans returned from a two-year hiatus to win her third womans push athlete national championship.The time off was gd for me, Evans said. Theres a lot that goes into the sport and competing on a high level, so the time off gave me a lot of mental clarity and let my body heal up.Olsen made the switch from pushing sleds to driving them after the 2014 Sochi Games.I feel rejuvenated mentally with my new journey as a driver, Olsen said.Competing in the push championships is ordinarily a requirement to be eligible for national team consideration. But that rule doesnt apply to rkie hopefuls, so Gay -- who could compete in other events this weekend -- still is in the mix to compete in team trials next month. It also doesnt apply to injured athletes like longtime USA-1 driver Steven Holcomb, the three-time Olympic medalist who was excused Wednesday because of an injury.Im just being cautious, Holcomb said. I had a slight training mishap a couple weeks ago, nothing major. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 675 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen