sonville State held Cal State Fullerton to 14 points i

in Bewerbung 23.10.2019 15:30
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

September is an unusual time to play cricket in Kolkata. The monsn is only just winding down and grand Puja festivities are around the corner. Eden Gardens has never hosted a Test in this month. Add the freshly relaid square and the overcast, muggy weather to the mix and there is an uncertainty about what to expect from the conditions.There is less doubt about Indias combination for the second Test against New Zealand, but they have added offspinner Jayant Yadav to the squad just in case.Jayants inclusion as a replacement for the ill Ishant Sharma might seem odd, but it makes sense given the occasional discomfort R Ashwin bowled with in the first Test in Kanpur. Ashwin said he had gone into the match without having bowled a lot in the previous 25 days because of a corn, a painful area of thickened skin, on the middle finger of his bowling hand.This game especially, I have a corn on my finger and I havent bowled a lot in the last 25 days, Ashwin had said after the third day in Kanpur. Im not very happy with the way it has come out so far. I just hope that I can do better in the series.Jayant is likely to be on stand-by if the corn proves t painful for Ashwin to play in Kolkata, but Indias coach Anil Kumble said all 15 players were available for selection. Even if Jayant doesnt play, bowling alongside Test spinners to Test batsmen in the nets is valuable experience. Ashwin did not bowl at practice two days before the Test, but that is no indication of his fitness because others had also opted out of the optional training session.Among those who turned up, Virat Kohli practised batting against a rubber ball, presumably to get used to a bit of spongy or uneven bounce. He had failed to control a slog sweep in the second innings in Kanpur, top-edging for a catch.Shikhar Dhawan had a long net, which is indication that he will open in KL Rahuls absence though Gautam Gambhir was brought into the squad. That much was clear because as sn as the first Test finished in Kanpur, batting coach Sanjay Bangar and Kumble arranged a practice session for Dhawan on the fifth-day pitch at Green Park.Kumble, though, welcomed Gambhir back into the squad. I think its really nice to have Gautam back, Kumble said in Kolkata. Unfortunately Rahul got injured in the last Test match. I think for some reason something has been happening with the openers. Vijay got injured in West Indies. Now Rahul. Its unfortunate because Rahul was batting brilliantly. Having said that, Gautam has done really well in domestic cricket. Hes part of the 15. I dont want to give away anything with regard to team combinations.Rohit Sharma, whose place in the side is always debated, might have earned breathing space with a half-century in the second innings in Kanpur, but Kumble has not forgotten the shot he played in the first innings to throw away a start of 35.Generally over the last one year, we have constantly gone with five bowlers but in the last Test match we felt that four bowlers and the additional batsman was important, and thats why Rohit came into the team at No. 6, Kumble said. Him batting well certainly augurs well for us. In the first innings, obviously he was disappointed with the way he got out. Thats something which he is aware of and when he played in the second innings, it was a brilliant innings.That knock, with Jadeja in that partnership of 100-plus, was crucial as well for us to take the game away from the New Zealanders and ensure that we dominate that session. That momentum got carried over when we went on to bowl as well. So in that sense, Rohit contributing was a huge bst for not just the team, but Im sure it would have done a lot of gd for his confidence.Whether India play five bowlers or four, and how comfortable Ashwin feels, will only be known during and after their final training session before the Test. The conditions on the eve of the match will also play an important role, though Kumble said he wasnt worried about them.I still havent had a lk at the pitch, he said. Yes its early in the season, theres been a lot of rain in the air and I hope rain doesnt play spoilsport during the Test match. It will be a gd wicket. Ive spoken about this before the start of the series t - that whatever wicket is there, we have the squad to encounter any challenge and adapt to any conditions. So were not really worried t much about the pitch and what it can do, what it cannot do. We have all bases covered.m.com/Customized/" target="_blank">Custom Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. m.com/Terry-Porter-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Terry Porter Jersey . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. m.com/Wade-Baldwin-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">https://www.blazerslockerrm.com/Wade-Baldwin-City-Edition-Jersey/ . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the dr after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. m.com/Wade-Baldwin-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Wade Baldwin Blazers Jersey . Isner, ranked No. 14, won his eighth career singles title and tk the title in New Zealand for the second time after his victory in 2010. The match was similar to Isners quarterfinal victory over fifth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber which went to three sets, all tiebreaks and contained no breaks of serve. m.com/Georgios-Papagiannis-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Georgios Papagiannis Jersey .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shtout as the St.LAS VEGAS -- Erik Durham scored 20 points and Jacksonville State held Cal State Fullerton to 14 points in the second half for a 61-38 win at the Global Sports Classic on Friday.Norbertas Giga added 11 points and a career-high 12 rebounds, with Christian Cunningham matching his career high with 12 rebounds for the Gamecocks (3-3), who had a 42-26 advantage on the boards.Jacksonville State led 28-24 at halftime and was only up 40-31 midway through the second half. Duurham, who had four of his five 3-pointers in the second half, hit one at 9:50 to start a 21-7 game-closing run.ddddddddddddTre Collins led the Titans (2-3) with 11 points. Fullerton shot 26 percent (10 of 39), making just 4 of 15 3-pointers and grabbing just four offensive rebounds. The Titans only had nine rebounds in the second half. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 196 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen