averaging 9.6 yards per carry. Th

in Spam Area!!! 23.10.2019 07:11
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

EUGENE, Ore. -- Dawn Harper-Nelson won gold in the 100-meter hurdles at the 2008 Olympics and silver at the 2012 Olympics. But not only will she not be running the 100 hurdles in Rio, she did not even reach the final in that event at the U.S. Olympic track and field trials Friday.Racing in the second of three heats in the semifinals, Harper-Nelson finished third with a time of 13.01 seconds. The top two in each heat of that event advance to the final, with the next two fastest times going as well for eight total. But Harper-Nelson finished ninth, just one one-hundredth of a second behind Sharika Nelvis.Tears are going to come. But right now Im just in shock, Harper-Nelson said. Im going to go through anger, more disbelief. Frustration. Confusion. I dont know what is going on. I just dont believe it. Jesus, I dont believe it!Harper-Nelson was not the only one who had trouble believing Fridays results. Queen Harrison has five of the top 10 times in the world in the 100 hurdles this year, but she didnt finish in the top three in the final to qualify for Rio. Jasmin Stowers and Nelvis also had top-10 world times, but they didnt qualify, either.All the girls that are here can contend for a medal in Rio, so its unfortunate that the way the rules go you can only send three, Harrison said. Because we have the best hurdlers in the world, bar none. But thats just the way the ckie crumbles.It crumbled for Shamier Little as well. Little had the fastest time in the womens 400 hurdles this year, but she did not qualify for the final in her event. She had the sixth-fastest time of the day at 55.64 seconds but did not advance to the final because she finished fifth in her heat and only the top four from each heat advanced.Meanwhile, three hurdlers did end Friday with bright smiles. Brianna Rollins, who has three of the top 10 times in the world this year, won the 100 hurdles final with a time of 12.34, followed by Kristi Castlin and Nia Ali.I guess were the best in the country, the best in the world, Rollins said. Its really strong. I lk forward to competing with those ladies. Hopefully all three of us will be on top of the medal stand.Asked who the favorite in Rio is, Harper-Nelson immediately replied: Dawn Harper! before laughing and quickly adding. No, I just want to see these girls run well, so they can represent us -- I cant believe Im saying that. Someone else to represent us?What was it like for the two-time Olympian to not even qualify for the final?It was weird. I was watching myself, like Come on! What are you doing? Come on! Harper-Nelson said. I went through some issues in the warmup. I jammed my hip on my trailing side, but I didnt think it would affect me like that in the race. Ive never been in a position where someone is pulling away and I wasnt able to react. I was saying to myself, What, you cant go?Ive been blessed to have a very consistent career. Ive seen it happen to others, but one one-hundredth? Really? Its a dagger in the heart. But it comes with the territory. You see so many people cry about finishing in fourth place and not making the team. But ninth is like Dude! Who gets ninth, Dawn?Harper-Nelson, 32, said she isnt sure whether this will be her last attempt at the Olympics, though she will continue to compete.Im definitely a hungry individual when it comes to the hurdles, she said. I dont even want to hear what my coach [Bobby Kersee] has to say. Of course hes going to be nice, Hey, Im here for you. Hell have to console me because Ill be crying. But hell know it was just because I didnt execute this year. kiesshop.com/Ray-Allen-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Ray Allen Thunder Jersey . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. kiesshop.com/Darius-Bazley-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Darius Bazley Jersey . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. kiesshop.com/Kevin-Durant-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">https://www.thunderrkiesshop.com/Kevin-Durant-City-Edition-Jersey/ .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shtout as the St. kiesshop.com/Deonte-Burton-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Deonte Burton Jersey . McCarthy, a player who played some games in the second tier for Wigan at the start of this season, would go on to shine inside Evertons midfield, outplaying the man he was brought in to replace, on one of the grandest stages in English ftball. On Saturday, it was fitting that Manchester Uniteds most recent dagger into the chest was delivered by Frenchman Yohan Cabaye, a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who put on an outstanding effort for Newcastle at Old Trafford. kiesshop.com/Mike-Muscala-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Mike Muscala Thunder Jersey .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your bk. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. No. 13 Florida State (2-1) at South Florida (3-0), Nn (ABC)Line: Florida State by 6.Series Record: Florida State leads 2-1.WHATS AT STAKEFlorida State aims to bounce back from 43-point loss to Louisville that cost the Seminoles the No. 2 ranking and maybe any shot they have of winding up in the College Ftball Playoff. South Florida, 3-0 for the first time under coach Willie Taggart, hopes to state its case on national television for wide recognition and perhaps a Top 25 ranking.KEY MATCHUPFlorida State RB Dalvin Ck against a USF defense led by LBs Auggie Sanchez and Nigel Harris. Ck scorched the Bulls for a career-best 266 yards rushing and three touchdowns, keying a 34-14 FSU victory in Tallahassee last season. Ck has been relatively quiet in the Seminoles first three games, averaging just 4.6 yards per carry and scoring two TDs.PLAYERS TO WATCHFlorida State: QB Deondre Francois has thrown for 782 yards and six TDs through his first three career starts, however the redshirt freshman was only 7 for 18 passing for 101 yards, one TD and an interception in last weeks loss at Louisville. He has experienced receivers in Traviis Rudolph, Bobo Wilson and Kermit Whitfield, and Ck has been effective with nine receptions for 118 yards out of the backfield.ddddddddddddSouth Florida: RB Marlon Mack, the American Athletic Conference rushing leader past two seasons. is averaging 9.6 yards per carry. The junior is coming off a nine-carry, 115-yard performance that keyed last weeks 45-20 rout of Syracuse and is 37 yards shy of becoming the Bulls career rushing leader.FACTS & FIGURESFlorida State is 11-3 coming off a loss under coach Jimbo Fisher, whos in his seventh year as Bobby Bowdens successor. ... The Seminoles have won two straight in the series, with USFs lone victory coming in 2009, Bowdens last season. ... South Florida is aiming to open with four consecutive wins for the first time since 2011. ... The Bulls have won 10 of 12 games following a 1/3 start last season. ... USF dual-threat QB Quinton Flowers has thrown for 716 yards and seven TDs. Hes also run for two TDs.---AP college ftball website: collegeftball.ap.org ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 352 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen