tus Dr. Harry Edwards told the Associated Press in July that to

in Bewerbung 22.10.2019 13:35
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Virat Kohli has called the series win over England the sweetest of Indias recent Test successes. It was their fifth series win in a row but their first in four attempts against England with their previous series victory back in 2008.They wrapped up victory in eight overs on the final morning in Mumbai - their 17th unbeaten Test in a row, which equalled their best run - as R Ashwin tk the remaining four wickets to finish with 12 in the match. However, it was Kohli who was named Man of the Match for his career-best 235 which helped India come from behind and claim a lead of 231.This series win is probably the sweetest of all weve won in the past 14-15 months, Kohli said in the post-match presentation. It couldnt get any better, in the Wankhede you win 3-0 against a top quality side that has beaten us convincingly. It feels really gd.Anil Kumble, Indias coach, praised his teams ability to win from difficult situations citing the three lost tosses they have responded to and the middle-order wobbles that the lower order have helped rescue. He was reluctant to compare this India team with others in history, but said the current side was special.You cant really compare different eras or different teams, he said. But this team, certainly, is the No. 1 team in the world today and it has the potential to become the best ever Test team in terms of results. The team was exceptional in terms of the intensity shown on the field, in terms of situational awareness and coming out from difficult situations in this series and even against New Zealand as well. Everyone has contributed to the teams success and thats the beauty about this team. I dont really like to compare, but this team is certainly special and Im really privileged to be part of this set up as well.Kohli revealed he had a few nerves when England had posted 400 having won the toss, but was confident that they could take control of the game and exploit the fact that England had only selected two frontline spinners alongside four quicks - something Alastair Ck admitted had been a mistake.I was pretty focussed on this game, Kohli said. We were 2-0 up with a chance to seal the series so we can go to Chennai and express ourselves. The plan was to get stuck in, I got away immediately and sometimes that happens that you get boundaries and the nerves calm down. I wouldnt say I wasnt nervous, I indeed was especially when there was 400 on the board. After we had that bit of a collapse I buckled down again, not getting satisfied, I knew I had to score many more for us to be in a commanding position.I felt the advantage we had was that England had a spinner less and those two guys [Moeen Ali and Adil Rashid] really got tired by the end of it after 50-plus overs. We knew bad balls would come our way. If you dont bowl your fast bowlers on a regular basis on pitches like these they lose confidence and when they come on they are thinking of stopping runs instead of taking wickets. Thats something we sensed and went after them hard.Pressed further on the difference between the teams, Kohli provided some detailed thoughts on the different mindsets of the two batting sides. England have often spoken about an aggressive outlk, but Kohli felt that was because they did not have the belief in their defensive capabilities in Indian conditions.Its about the application, he said. Their batsmen have hardly blocked six balls in a row and weve worked on our defence. Its very important playing in India, if you dont have a gd defence in India its very difficult to counter the type of bowling we have. We sensed they dont have enough faith in the way they went about their business, even the second innings here was a lot of shots and we knew it was just a matter of time that wed get a couple of wickets and it would crumble. They arent sure about taking the innings long. As sn as we plugged the boundaries they had no way out because our bowlers are very consistent. Weve worked on our defence and thrive on it. We enjoy thinking of it.Wholesale Shoes China Free Shipping . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. Cheap Shoes Online Free Delivery . -- In a span of seven Washington Redskins offensive plays, Justin Tuck sacked Robert Griffin III four times. http://www.cheapshoes.us.org/ . Pence singled in the winning run with no outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. Trendy Wholesale Shoes . "Were just throwing s--- at the wall hoping something sticks," said Tortorella about the possible line combinations for Fridays game against Columbus. The Canucks have lost five straight games and six of their last seven, leaving them in a logjam in the Pacific Division, currently sitting fifth - gd for ninth in the Western Conference. Cheap Shoes Outlet Stores . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory.SALT LAKE CITY -- Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott has no issue with players protesting during the national anthem as long as its done in a respectful way.Athletes across the country have staged a variety of pregame protests after San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick began kneeling during the anthem in protest of police violence against African-Americans and minorities.Very much believe in the idea of freedom of speech and individuals right to express themselves, Scott said. Ive also always seen sport as a great platform for positive social change. To the extent that theyre individuals that want to use their celebrity or use the platform to try to send a positive message and make a positive impact on society, I think thats great.Ive seen plenty of examples in my career of tennis players and others doing that. As long as its done in a respectful way, in a way thats not demeaning to other people and not disruptive, I think its absolutely fine.The entire Indiana Fevver team recently knelt during the anthem before a playoff game.dddddddddddd Several other NFL players, U.S. soccer star Megan Rapinoe and scores of high schl and college players also have participated in some form.Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James, Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade gave an anti-violence speech at the ESPYS and expressed their support of the values behind the Black Lives Matter movement in July.University of California-Berkeley professor emeritus Dr. Harry Edwards told the Associated Press in July that todays athletes have a level of power that Muhammad Ali and others didnt have in the 1960s, and they have begun using it to speak out against violence both by and against police. The newfound power of todays athlete comes from monetary wealth, celebrity status and having the vehicle of social media to communicate directly with the masses. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 397 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen