ster United, Everton and Chelsea follow for Leicester. Tricky tests.If they dont win this one,

in Bewerbung 22.10.2019 13:35
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Priyanka Chopra did not intend to become an American television star; she just wanted to push her own boundaries.Originally from India, Chopra began acting in the Indian film genre commonly referred to as Bollywd before being offered the opportunity to cross over to American television.Chopra plays Alex Parrish in the fast-paced ABC show Quantico, which kicked off its second season on Sunday. Originally an FBI special agent, Parrish (and by default, Chopra) finds herself within the CIA. After a hard day of chasing after bad guys, her work typically leaves her full of bruises.?Its exactly the kind of physical role one would expect from an actress who answered a question about playing a Bond girl by asserting she could play James Bond himself -- or herself, in this case.Chopra chatted with espnW and dished on possibly becoming the next 007, feminism and just how hard it is to be Alex Parrish.espnW: Alex is transitioning to CIA life. What new challenges does that bring?Priyanka Chopra: Alex will have to deal with the amorality, the lies and the deceit of CIA life. The FBI was all about the truth, integrity, fidelity and bravery. So shes been trained a certain way, and now she has to forget all about her morals and learn a completely different form of law enforcement, which is very difficult for her because, inherently, Alex is very honest.espnW: How do you mirror and differ from your character?PC: Im absolutely opposite from Alex. Im very trusting. I am not as emotionally stunted as she is. Were both a bit fearless, but I dont think I could fight three people at the same time like Alex can. Shes very gd at it.espnW: How did you prepare your body for what appears to be a physically demanding role?PC: Well, I am inherently agile; thats just how Ive always been. Im athletic, but at the same time, there is nothing that can prepare your body for the amount of brutality that comes from doing 22 episodes on a show like Quantico, especially for Alex, because theres so much physicality that is required.But yeah, your body starts freaking out for a while, and it hurts. I take a lot of Advil and keep going, powering through.espnW: What is it about this role that makes it so physically challenging?PC: The fact that every episode has many physical demands, not just the fight sequences, but the running, all the stunts -- and I do [most of] my own stunts -- so physically, it is tremendously demanding.espnW: Many of the shows scenes feature dialogue while concurrently doing physical training. What is that like?PC: It is kind of normal. Whenever you go to a [work out] class, you always end up having conversations while youre there. Thats how you meet the people you want to have those conversations with. So, I like the fact that the scenes have been incorporated into training, because its normal and natural. Life happens, it doesnt wait for an opportunity to have a conversation. It makes it extremely organic. Its kind of hard to catch your breath, but it makes [the show] really natural.espnW: How has breaking into American film and TV differed from what youve experienced previously?PC: Well, Ive never done television, so that itself was new to me. The energy required was a lot, and I wasnt prepared for it. Its a lot of work; its a lot of hours. It is extremely hectic, fast-paced and very demanding. Movies arent like that.I just did what I had to do. I came on to a set and did what I do best, which is act, know my character and perform. Being in America ... Im very grateful for it, but that was not the intention.espnW: What has it been like working with such a diverse cast?PC: Well, I think its amazing! Its something that [creator/executive producer] Josh Safran wanted. I dont know if its what the show was supposed to be right from the beginning, but after I was cast, joined by Aunjanue [Ellis], and Yasmine [Al Massri] and Johanna [Braddy], the show std for diversity and people from all walks of life. Thats what the world lks like right now, and Quantico reflects that.espnW: Youve played athletic roles before, so Im curious, what was your relationship with sports growing up?PC: I was very fond of cricket, because my family was fond of cricket. Besides that, I used to always have so much fun with ftball, or soccer, as you guys call it. All my friends would get together and we would have parties.For me, sport always means a competition where people from all walks of life come together to cheer for something that is bigger than themselves. Sports have an inherent nature to bring people together, and thats what I love about it.espnW: Any word on whether or not youre going to get to play Bond?PC: [Laughs] Not as of yet. I really feel that it would be really cl for there to be a female James Bond, and whether it was me or any other woman playing it, I think it would be a great win for feminism.espnW: Do you consider yourself to be a feminist?PC: Absolutely, and theres no shame in that. Feminism doesnt stand for belittling men or degrading men. Feminism is women saying, Give us the freedom to make our choices, and not be judged for it, the same way men have enjoyed that freedom for so many years. Its not about being violent or angry; its about asking for equality. Were made different. Our DNA is different, we do different things, but opportunities should be the same. The way we are lked at and judged should be the same.espnW: What else do you have in the works?PC: As of now, I am very busy with the 22 episodes of Quantico, and the ?Baywatch [movie], which comes out in May 2017. Im going to do another film, but Im figuring out which one -- probably one in India, and hopefully one here, as well.Quantico airs on Sundays at 10 p.m. ET on ABC.m.com/Deandre-Ayton-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Deandre Ayton Jersey . The Islanders dealt Thomas Vanek to the Montreal Canadiens after less than a year on Long Island. Meanwhile, the Oilers dealt long-time sniper Ales hemsky to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday for a fifth-round pick in 2014 and a third-rounder in 2015. m.com/Penny-Hardaway-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Penny Hardaway Suns Jersey . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. m.com/Steve-Nash-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">https://www.thesunslockerrm.com/Steve-Nash-City-Edition-Jersey/ . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. m.com/Elie-Okobo-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Elie Okobo Jersey . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. m.com/Shaquille-Oneal-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Shaquille ONeal Suns Jersey . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half.Leicesters nerves will be jangling but, despite Jamie Vardys suspension, they will find a way to claim three points against Swansea, says Jamie Redknapp...Leicester are in unchartered territory.Jamie Vardy has been their top scorer and their talisman this season. Hes played every league game and fired them to the top of the table with 22 goals. His suspension for this weekends game with Swansea is a massive blow. And the truth is, we dont know how Leicester are going to adjust.Their ability to soak up pressure and hit teams on the break is something theyve mastered this year. And hes been central to that success, with his pace unsettling the opposition. Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy (left) remonstrated with the referee against West Ham Boss Claudio Ranieri has options. He could bring in Jeff Schlupp or the pacey Demarai Gray. Or he could play Leonardo Ulloa or even Riyad Mahrez off Shinji Okazaki.But whoever he picks, it may be that Leicester need to play a bit more ftball on Sunday and move up the pitch in stages, rather than in the direct way they have previously. They might have to be a little bit more patient in their build-up. Options without Vardy With Jamie Vardy suspended, we lk at Leicesters other attacking options But its not the end of the world for them. Vardys been playing so well but I still think its something they can cope with for this Swansea game.They will miss him more for the away game at Manchester United, should his ban be extended, because its in those games where hes been so effective on the break.Vardys suspension follows Leicesters dramatic 2-2 draw with West Ham. After five straight wins, we cant say that result is a blip. But its a nerve-jangler. Its like in the Grand National when a horse is going well and then it hits a fence. You dont know how the horse is going to react when they get to the next fence. This is life-changing. This is history in the making. How can Leicesters players not be nervous? Im nervous for them! Jamie Redknapp What will the reaction be from Leicester this weekend? I keep hearing people say: What have they got to be nervous about because theyve already achieved so much. But of course theyre going to be nervous. This is life-changing. This is history in the making. How can they not be nervous? Im nervous for them!If they dont win the league from here, theyll regret it forever because a lot of these players will never get the chance to win the Premier League again. Long-ball Leicester? Only two teams in Europe have played a higher percentage of long balls than Leicester Tottenham, on the other hand, lk like they could play forever.ddddddddddddThey lk like they could wipe the flr with every team they play at the moment - and thats the scary part of it for Leicester.Spurs are breathing down their necks and Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Mousa Dembele and Toby Alderweireld are playing like its August and theyre full of energy. They lk like theyre enjoying the chase. Claudio Ranieri has urged his players to step up and impress in the absence of Jamie Vardy following his suspension this weekend. That makes Ranieris job very important but, like his players, we dont know how hes going to react to this situation, either. Hes never won a top-flight title before. Its not like Sir Alex Ferguson when he was playing mind games.Ranieri deep down must be thinking: Ive always been a nearly man. This is my chance to ram it down the throat of everyone who said I wasnt a gd manager. This is his opportunity and that brings nerves and pressure.Its not just the whole country focussing on this - sports fans across the world are talking about this. Its unprecedented. And while the Leicester coaching staff will try to keep training fun and fresh this week, when the players go home and turn on Sky Sports News or pick up a paper, theyll start feeling the pressure. They cant hide from the enormity of what theyre doing.And they cant hide from the fact they need to bounce back from that West Ham result with a statement against Swansea. Manchester United, Everton and Chelsea follow for Leicester. Tricky tests.If they dont win this one, Id make Tottenham favourites for the title. Thats how much is riding on it.Swansea got beaten 3-0 last week and they cant be as bad as that again, and the Vardy suspension is terrible timing. But I think Leicester will come up with the response they need. Watch Leicester v Swansea live on Sky Sports 1 HD from 4pm on SundayAlso See:Thierrys title race verdictRanieri gunning for gloryOptions without Vardy?Vardy accepts FA charge ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 126 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen