Series shifts to Wrigley for Game 3. Hes ta

in Bewerbung 22.10.2019 07:16
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Jaren Lewis, who finished with 26 points, nailed a jumper with 11 seconds left in overtime to give Abilene Christian an 85-82 victory over Charleston Southern on Saturday night.Drake Green sealed the win, making two free throws with three seconds remaining. Charleston Southerns Armel Potter, who scored all eight of the Buccaneers points in the extra period, missed a 3-pointer with two seconds left.Charleston Southern trailed most of the game, but led 74-67 with 33 seconds remaining in regulation. Lewis and Diamante Langston made two free throws each and Jovan Crnic, who totaled 16 points, nailed a trey with three ticks left to tie the score at 74.These teams met just 11 days ago when Potter hit a jumper from the top of the key with four seconds left for a 66-65 victory.Jalone Friday had 19 points for ACU (4-3).Potter led Charleston Southern (3-4) with 21 points. kiesshop.com/Latrell-Sprewell-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Latrell Sprewell Jersey . Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. kiesshop.com/Tim-Hardaway-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Tim Hardaway Warriors Jersey . JOHNS, N. kiesshop.com/David-West-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">https://www.warriorsrkiesshop.com/David-West-City-Edition-Jersey/ . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. kiesshop.com/Mitch-Richmond-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Mitch Richmond Warriors Jersey .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. kiesshop.com/Customized/" target="_blank">Custom Golden State Warriors Jerseys . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. CLEVELAND -- Jason Kipnis was raised on Chicagos North Side, and like so many other kids, he grew up idolizing Ryne Sandberg, watching Sammy Sosa smash home runs and listening to Harry Caray.He bled Cubs blue.And he never once blamed Steve Bartman -- they went to the same high schl, by the way.We have a joke, the Indians second baseman said, referring to the infamous fan vilified in Chicago for a failed attempt to catch a postseason foul ball. The only thing Im mad at Bartman for is missing an easy flyball.Kipnis finds himself in a unique situation in his first World Series, facing the team that helped shape his life. The Cubs are in his DNA. Theyre the team he learned to love, the one that taught him the game and the one that often broke his heart. But while Kipnis family and friends intend to remain true to their Cubbies over the next week, his loyalties are not divided.Theres zero conflict at all, he said Tuesday on the eve of Game 1. Lets be clear about that.Kipnis, though, said watching the Cubs wrap up their first NL pennant since 1945 on TV was emotional. Some of his friends were at Wrigley Field on Saturday night and when the last out was recorded, part of Kipnis was there, t.I didnt know how to handle it, he said. I didnt know if I was happy, mad, sad. I was emotional. I was choked up, I was like, `Oh, no what does this mean right now? But its nothing more than excitement for the games.He was 11 in that magical summer of 1998 when Sosa and Mark McGwire seemed to belt a home run in every at-bat. Baseball was bulked up and bming and Kipnis was under its spell.As he reminisced during an interview session, the two-time All-Star seemed to remember every swing.Thats when I was really watching baseball closely and turning into a baseball fan, said Kipnis, who is dealing with a sprained left ankle sustained in Clevelands ALCS celebration. In the `98 season, it was `Hey, Sammys up, get to a TV every time. And on WGN there were always recaps of the games. Thats pretty much what I grew up on.He was in high schl when Bartman, innocently sitting in a front row seat down the left-field field lane, became an unintentional celebrity in Game 6 of the NL Championship. The slight man, weaaring a Cubs cap and headphones so he could listen to the game on the radio, reached out and tried to catch a foul ball in the eighth inning as Cubs outfielder Moises Alou tried to close in.ddddddddddddThe Cubs derailed from there, blowing a big lead and losing and then dropping Game 7.The Curse had a new chapter.Kipnis lived close to Bartman and very vividly remembers seeing police staked out around his house to prevent any zealous fans from getting at him. There are Cubs fans to this day who hold a grudge toward Bartman. He has remained in hiding.He didnt deserve that, Kipnis said. He never asked for all the stuff that probably happened to him afterward. I dont think he deserved any of that. He was probably actually a pretty loyal fan and he wanted a ball, and its just the way events turns that turned him into this scapegoat.Kipnis wishes those Chicago fans who havent been able to let go would finally forgive Bartman and turn an ugly moment into something special.I would love to see him throw out a first pitch, he said. Everyone would go nuts.Despite his Second City rts, Kipnis knows hell be treated like a complete stranger -- and sworn enemy -- when the Series shifts to Wrigley for Game 3. Hes taking solace that there will be a few welcomed faces in the crowd.But the Friendly Confines wont be very friendly.He wouldnt have it any other way.If theyre Cubs fans, theyll b as they should if youre a baseball fan, he said. But Ill have enough there that youll hopefully hear a couple cheers.Kipnis knows what a championship would mean to fans for both teams, who have gone a combined 174 seasons without celebrating a World Series title.They have the only drought that could make our drought lk small, he said. Theyve got us by 40 years. Both franchises have been yearning for this championship, but its pretty neat one of them will come to an end.And Kipnis isnt torn over which one he hopes continues.Theres not one part of me that doesnt wish this curse would keep going, he said.---This version corrects to NL pennant instead of AL pennant in the seventh paragraph. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 138 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen