dddfter confirming the Eels punishment, Greenbe

in Bewerbung 22.10.2019 07:15
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

BOSTON – He is the other Bruins stopper. Not the 6-ft-9 all-encompassing mountain that is Zdeno Chara, but the reigning (and likely repeat) Selke Trophy winner and the “underrated” thorn in the Leafs side. “I think hes got to be one of the best two-way forwards in the game,” Tyler Bozak remarked to TSN.ca. “He doesnt do flashy stuff at all, but its like he never makes a wrong play. He always does the right thing. Its hard for him to make mistakes I guess.” “Hes a guy that can hurt you offensively, but at the same time hes going to frustrate you on the defensive end,” added Ryan OByrne, a frequent opponent as a former member of the Montreal Canadiens. Patrice Bergeron doesnt command the seismic attention of Chara, but remains as significant a detriment to the Maple Leafs chances of success in a first round series with Boston, set to continue with Game 2 on Saturday evening at TD Garden. A determined and pesky presence at both ends of the rink, Bergeron is an all-around pain to deal with, because as Bozak points out, “theres not really an aspect of his game that he lacks”. “Hes one of those guys that does everything well really,” Jay McClement, a strong defensive pivot himself, noted. “Hes gd at faceoffs and hes always in the conversation for the Selke every year and for gd reason.” While he did not score or manage a point in the Bruins dominant Game 1 win on Wednesday night, the 27-year-old draped himself over Torontos top line of Bozak, Phil Kessel, and James van Riemsdyk, Kessel, most prominently, held off the scoreboard for the fifth time in five meetings with Boston this season. “He plays the game honest,” said Bozak, his unit rarely seeing a moment free of Bergeron in the series opener. “Hes always on the right side of the puck. He doesnt get caught in situations where he leaves someone out to dry. I just think hes a really honest player.” “Hes never out of position,” OByrne opined. “He leans on you and he just doesnt give you much rm.” Chara has made life unquestionably difficult on Kessel, the Leafs leading scorer who is still without an even-strength goal against his former team, but so t has Bergeron. Not overly imposing physically – actually listed at about the same size as Bozak – the native of LAncienne-Lorette, Quebec achieves his success defensively with determination and intelligence, instinctively scoping out the play with anticipation and effective positioning. “I think hockey smarts is probably one of the biggest assets you can have,” said Bozak, “and I think his are right up there with the tops.” “To play that type of role you have to be smart and read the plays,” added McClement. “Hes one of those guys that was probably a very offensive player growing up and then added that two-way part to his game.” Centering Bostons swift top line of Brad Marchand and Tyler Seguin, Bergeron is a challenging force on the draw, leading the league at 62.1 percent in 2013, including an almost unbeatable 67 percent mark at home. “He was someone that early in my career I had a really tough time beating and someone that I tried to learn some stuff from,” Bozak mentioned. In his first one-on-one battle with Bergeron – March 9, 2010 – the Leafs top line centre lost 11 of 17 draws, but ended up marginally ahead in their most recent battle, winning 6 of 11 clashes in Game 1. “Positioning, strength, his timings really gd,” Bozak remarked of Bergerons faceoff skills. “I think another thing [is] he changes it up a lot, he doesnt just stick [to one move] and do the same thing … so he keeps you guessing and youve got to try and keep him guessing so its [kind] of a mind game.” Its those heady defensive traits and faceoff acumen that additionally make Bergeron one of the leagues most effective penalty killers, the Toronto power-play shut down in 10 of 11 opportunities in the regular season, 1-3 in the series opener, the lone goal ensuing with Bergeron in the box. Factor in his stealth production offensively, 35 points in 44 career games against the Leafs, including a team-leading four points in four meetings this season, and its no wonder that Bergeron is labeled as "underrated" by OByrne. “Hes not a flashy player,” said the Leafs defender, “but hes going to contribute offensively for sure and thats why he maybe goes under the radar a bit. “Hes a key part of that Boston team and maybe is a little underrated.” Fake Giants Jerseys .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. Wholesale Giants Jerseys . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. https://www.cheapjerseysgiants.us/ . The third-ranked Ivanovic, who won the event in 2008 and 10, served five aces and broke Wickmayer, also a former winner in 2009, five times. "The result lked easier than it really was," Ivanovic said. Giants Jerseys China . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. San Francisco Giants Shirts .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team. Parramattas ongoing salary cap dramas could continue with fresh fears the deregistered officials are considering appealing against their ban from the NRL.Less than a day after the club was officially stripped of 12 competition points and fined $1 million for salary cap rorting, the saga could yet drag on should the Gang of Five fight for their jobsNews Corp reported that the five Eels officials deregistered by the game on Saturday are considering whether to protest their bans, while the club have also left the dr open to appeal the punishment.The club will review carefully all documents provided by the NRL in the coming days before issuing any public response, the Eels said in a statement.NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said the five deregistered officials - chairman Steve Sharp, deputy chairman Tom Issa, director Peter Serrao, chief executive John Boulous and ftball manager Daniel Anderson - and the Parramatta club had one more avenue to challenge Saturdays decision.There is a final appeals process in the NRL rules if they determine to do that and thats the only decision they can make, Greenberg said.ddddddddddddfter confirming the Eels punishment, Greenberg tk aim the five officials, accusing them of failing to take responsibility for former powerhouse clubs mess.These five officials have damaged the game, he said.They have damaged the club and theyve let their fans down. Let me say this is not an easy call to make, especially for someone like Steve Sharp.The overall impression that I got from the responses is that no one at the club has taken responsibility for the deliberate, systemic and blatant breaches of the salary cap ... we have to take a strong stand to preserve the integrity of the salary cap and the competition.The NSW Supreme Court last month upheld the NRLs decision to suspend the group and Issa last week std down from his post, replaced by David Lamond. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 34 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen