g second base. He went 0-for-2 in the Cubs 6-5 win, but he could be an important left-hande

in Bewerbung 21.10.2019 14:34
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

The Oakland As placed starting pitcher Sonny Gray on the 15-day disabled list Sunday one day after leaving his start with soreness in his right forearm.Oaklands ace left after five innings after feeling soreness in his right extensor muscle while giving up two runs and five hits in Oaklands 4-0 loss to the Cubs.The injury is the latest setback in a disastrous season for the 26-year-old Gray, who already has been on the DL because of a right shoulder injury.Gray, a 2015 All-Star who last season finished third in AL Cy Young balloting, had the highest ERA in the majors (5.84) going into Saturday.He had really gd stuff today, so its unfortunate to hear that hes hurt because this is the best hes lked in a long time, As catcher Stephen Vogt said Saturday.Gray (5-11) first felt the injury after striking out Dexter Fowler with a curveball in the top of the fourth.I was trying to go back out there for the sixth, Gray said after the game. I told them after the fourth I had a little bit of an issue come up, and when I went back out for the fifth, it kind of felt the same.They kind of decided to shut it down there. I lobbied to go back out there. It obviously wasnt going to happen.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.Sko Nmd Norge . -- Stanfords Kevin Danser knelt on one knee and hardly moved on the sideline as Michigan State celebrated its Rose Bowl victory and his Cardinal teammates made their way to the locker rm. Nmd_r1 Sko Hvit . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. st-sko-norge.html" target="_blank">http://www.nmdnorgesalg.com/ultra-bst-sko-norge.html . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. Nmd_r2 Sko Norge . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. Adidas Nmd Xr1 Norge . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before.CHICAGO -- The Cubs recalled infielder Tommy La Stella from Triple-A Iowa on Wednesday, weeks after La Stella failed to report to the minors after he was sent down at the end of July.La Stella, 27, told ESPN that he contemplated retirement if he couldnt play for the Cubs major league team, though he stressed that he wasnt upset with management for sending him down, as he was simply caught in a numbers game.On Wednesday, La Stella addressed his teammates and tried to further explain his motivations, beginning with his enjoyment of the game of baseball.It has changed, he said. It dates back to last year. It has changed a little bit. Its not nearly as enjoyable going out and pursuing for myself. My at-bats, how Im doing, everything like that, I got a taste of that last year. Baseball is a team game played by individuals ... for me, its kind of what detracted from my enjoyment of the game in the first place. This year was not about that.It was kind of about going back to the way I used to play it, when it was more enjoyable in high schl and college. When you were going for something collectively as a group, and you can share in your teammates successes as though it was your own. This year was a lot better for me.Cubs management decided to work with La Stella instead of punishing him for not reporting right away.Under different circumstances, we would have taken punitive action, but after talking to him and taking the time to understand where he was coming from, things that happened to him in the past, what his thought process was, I didnt think it was appropriate to be punitive, Cubs president Theo Epstein said. I thought it was more appropriate to be supportive to a point.ddddddddddddfter he went home to New Jersey at the beginning of August, the team placed La Stella on the inactive list. After about two weeks, La Stella decided to report to Double-A Tennessee and then to Iowa before he was recalled Wednesday. He didnt reveal publicly all his reasons for staying away, but he opened up to his teammates.Manager Joe Maddon said it was best to use common sense in dealing with La Stella and said he is pleased with the outcome.I thought I was witnessing a team at its best, Maddon said of the meeting. [He] went away for a bit, came back, talked to the guys, welcomed him back. I think everything worked properly.Tommy is a thoughtful young man who thought a different way in this particular moment. Lets try to get to the rt of it, and we did.La Stella was in the starting lineup Wednesday, batting seventh and playing second base. He went 0-for-2 in the Cubs 6-5 win, but he could be an important left-handed bat for the Cubs as they near the playoffs. He feels fortunate that the team was understanding but said he was prepared for the worst, including a release.I didnt expect anything, but that was a very real possibility that I was fully prepared for, La Stella said. Theo is a very special guy. I was very fortunate to have the dialogue between me and him throughout this whole process. He understands people.Pitcher Spencer Patton was sent down to make rm for La Stella, who was hitting .295 with a .388 on-base percentage before his demotion. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 165 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen