quarterback Seth Russell also expects to play Saturday but will

in Laberecke 18.10.2019 07:47
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Reserve Rebecca Allen hit four 3-pointers and finished with 19 points -- both career highs -- as the New York Liberty bench scored a WNBA-record 69 points in their 88-81 win over the Washington Mystics on Wednesday.Brittany Boyd had 17 points and seven assists, Amanda Zahui B. added 15 points and nine rebounds and Shavonte Zellous scored 14 for the Liberty (18-7). New Yorks starters scored just 19 points -- including 13 by Tina Charles -- to tie the WNBA record for fewest by starters in a win.The Mystics bench scored 63 points in a triple-overtime win against the Los Angeles Sparks on June 1, 2014.Emma Meessemans jumper capped an 11-3 run that pulled the Mystics within four with 1:45 to play, but Boyd hit Kiah Stokes for a layup to make it 87-81 a minute later. A steal by Boyd, her third of the game, on Washingtons next possession sealed it.New York used an 18-2 run to take a 35-27 lead with 4 minutes left in the first half and led the rest of the way.Emma Meesseman led the Mystics (9-14) with 20 points. The Mystics made 11 of 22 3-pointers and the Liberty finished 7 of 12. st-sko-norge.html" target="_blank">Ultra Bst Norge st-sko-norge.html" target="_blank">Adidas Ultra Bst Norge . Soukalova missed only one target and completed the 15-kilometre course in 40 minutes, 32.6 seconds for both victories in this seasons individual discipline. Darya Domracheva of Belarus was second, 34. http://www.nmdnorgesalg.com/ . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpl, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off. Sko Nmd Norge . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. Nmds Norge . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very gd match -- I was playing really gd tennis," Radwanska said. With its College Ftball Playoff hopes all but dashed with a stunning 35-34 loss at Texas last week, Baylor tries to refocus and make a run for another Big 12 Conference championship when it hosts TCU on Saturday (30 p.m. ET, FOX).The No. 17 Bears (6-1, 3-1 Big 12), who play conference leading Oklahoma (6-2, 5-0) next week in Norman, had what might best be described as a rough 48 hours last weekend.Last Friday, on the eve of the Bears game at Texas, the Wall Street Journal reported specific numbers that have come out of the schls investigation of its Title IX problems which cost coach Art Briles his job last May. The story attributed Baylor regents in reporting that 19 ftball players were involved in 17 reports of sexual or domestic violence, a statistic that included four alleged gang rapes.Then on Saturday in Austin, Texas defeated the Bears to put an end to any CFP hopes.Acting coach Jim Grobe, whose key job function it seems this season is to smile during press conferences and attempt to say the right thing, did more of the same at his weekly presser Monday.What we try to do, as much as anything, is just stay positive, Grobe said. Going forward, we can only control day-to-day and week-to-week and try to get ready every week. Try to avoid distractions and stay focused on winning.To Grobes credit, hes stuck to his role, keeping focus on the positive aspects of the Bears program, sidestepping tricky questions and maintaining his smile. Its not his fault that the Baylor athletic department hasnt shown contrition among ever-worsening reports.Really, really disappointed. Really down, Grobe said of his teams md after its first loss. Its funny (but) I think players bounce back a little quicker than coaches do. Coaches might have been a little bit more down even than the players. I just told the guys, I thought we lost our focus a little bit. I think we got concerned with officiating and thats not our job. Our job is just to play.The gd news for the Bears is that they get to return home to McLane Stadium, where they are 14-2 with an average scoring margin of 27 points. And they face a TCU (4-4, 2-3) squad that has its own share of issues after losing three of four games, including surprisingly at quarterback.Starting quaarterback Kenny Hill was pulled in favor of sophomore Foster Sawyer from last weeks 27-24 double-overtime loss to Texas Tech after throwing his 10th interception of the season and coach Gary Patterson confessed that it wasnt he who brought the hk.dddddddddddd didnt pull him, Patterson said at a press conference. Sonny did.Sonny would be co-offensive crdinator Sonny Cumbie, who doubles as quarterbacks coach.Scoring has been a problem of late as the Horned Frogs are averaging just 19.3 points over their last three games. Hill was 16-of-29 passing for 160 yards with a long of 19 when he was removed against the Red Raiders. Sawyers accuracy was even worse as he completed 6 of 17 passes for 86 yards and one touchdown.We werent playing very well, Patterson said of the quarterback switch. Both guys have got to play better. When they turn you lse, youve got to make plays.Hill is expected to remain the starter this week.The Horned Frogs got some gd news on the injury front. Running back Kyle Hicks, who injured his left ankle in the loss to Texas Tech, was listed as probable by Patterson. Hicks has carried the ground game with 597 yards and seven touchdowns so his absence would have been a huge blow for the Horned Frogs. Hicks also is tied for the team lead with 31 receptions.Baylor quarterback Seth Russell also expects to play Saturday but will continue to be monitored for potential concussion-like symptoms throughout the week.Russell began feeling nauseous and groggy about 90 minutes after the loss to Texas. His CT scan for concussion-like symptoms was negative.I feel great, Russell told the Waco Tribune. (Sunday) I felt a little groggy just from a hard fought game for the most part. But I woke up this morning with a lot of energy. I definitely feel like Im going to play. Im going through concussion protocol, thats what everybody wants me to do.Russell, who missed the last six games of the 2015 season with a broken neck, tk numerous hard hits from the Texas defense. In 15 career starts he has thrown 52 touchdown passes and 11 interceptions while compiling a 14-1 record.The series is tied 52-52-7. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 198 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen