. Or if you really want the Diaz fight that ba

in Bewerbung 18.10.2019 01:08
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

PITTSBURGH -- Homer Bailey knew before he finished warming up that his second start since Tommy John surgery wasnt going to be as smth as his first.Ivan Nova pitched seven innings to win his first start with Pittsburgh, Bailey didnt make it out of the fourth inning and the Pirates beat the Cincinnati Reds 5-3 on Saturday night.Bailey (1-1) allowed five runs and eight hits in three-plus innings. He struck out four and walked one. He was coming off a promising season debut, limiting San Diego to two runs and five hits over 5 2/3 innings in a 3-2 win on July 31.There wasnt acute pain but I just didnt feel very gd, Bailey said. I couldnt finish my pitches. I knew before the game it might be a problem but I was hoping to throw enough pitches to get us through until we could get the lead to the bullpen.I know this is part of recovery process but it doesnt feel gd when you cost your team the game. The bullpen pitched great but the starter didnt.Nova (8-6) was acquired from the New York Yankees on Monday for two players to be named and gave up three runs and six hits with five strikeouts and no walks. He had spent his entire seven-year career with New York.Nova pitched more than six innings just three times in 15 starts with the Yankees this season.I did what I wanted to do -- be a little bit aggressive in the strike zone, Nova said. I got a lot of strikes and got quick outs.Starling Marte welcomed reliever Josh Smith, who tk over for Bailey, with a two-run single in the fourth to give the Pirates a 5-2 lead. Marte and Josh Harrison each had two hits for Pittsburgh, which entered three games out of the second NL wild card.Tony Watson pitched a perfect ninth for his second save in three chances since All-Star closer Mark Melancon was traded to the Washington Nationals. Watson blew the save Friday night but the Pirates rallied for a 3-2 win.The Reds Brandon Phillips hit two solo home runs off Nova for the 13th multihomer game of his 15-year career. The second baseman raised his season total to eight but had last homered May 7 and ended a career-long streak of 286 at-bats without connecting.Phillips is 9 for 15 with six RBI and six runs in his last four games.I dont keep tabs on that stuff t much but everyone else does, Reds manager Bryan Price said. It seems right now hes getting the barrel on the bat every time hes up to bat and the results are starting to show.Reds shortstop Zack Cozart extended his hitting streak to 14 games.Phillips second home run cut the Reds deficit to 5-3 in the seventh. He also homered in the second when Tucker Barnhart had an RBI single to put Cincinnati ahead 2-1.The Pirates scored twice against Bailey in the third to move in front 3-2. John Jaso was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded with two outs and Francisco Cervelli followed with an RBI single.The Pirates won their second game in a row following a 1-5 stretch while the Reds lost back-to-back games for the first time since dropping three in a row from July 8-10. The loss also ended Cincinnatis streak of six consecutive series victories since the break.UP NEXTReds: RHP Dan Straily (6-6, 3.80 ERA) will start Sunday in the finale of the three-game series and try to extend his streak of six straight quality starts.Pirates: RHP Gerrit Cole (7-6, 2.73) is 0-5 with a 5.30 ERA in seven career starts against Cincinnati.Cheap Phillies Jerseys . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. Phillies Jerseys 2019 . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shtout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. https://www.cheapphilliesjerseys.us/ .05 million next season unless Graham and the Saints subsequently agree on a long-term deal. The designation was released Monday after the deadline passed for NFL teams to use franchise or transition tags on players becoming free agents. Philadelphia Phillies Gear . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shtout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Custom Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city.Conor McGregor has been granted a rematch this summer with the man who gave him the first defeat of his Ultimate Fighting Championship career.The featherweight will get another chance to prove himself as a welterweight when he takes on Nate Diaz once more on the UFC 200 card in Las Vegas on July 9.Californian Diaz - whose own career record is mixed with 19 wins and 10 losses - caused a shock earlier this month when he choked McGregor into submission at UFC 196. UFC boss Dana White posted a picture on Twitter of the two men above the caption 200 upon announcing the headline bout late on Wednesday.White later told ESPN SportsCenter he and UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta had encouraged McGregor not to fight at 170 pounds, 25 more than the 27-year-olds usual featherweight limit. Diaz handed McGregor his first UFC defeat on March 5 when he choked the Irishman into submission on round two The Irishman had not lost in more than five years and waas unbeaten since joining the UFC until he was stopped in round two by Diaz on March 5.ddddddddddddhite said of the number one-ranked 27-year-old: He was obsessed - obsessed with fighting Nate Diaz again.Obviously, Lorenzo and I tried to argue with him and said: Lets go back to 145 and defend your title. Or if you really want the Diaz fight that bad, do it at 155. He wants the fight at 170.Even his coach tried to get him to get off the rematch and off the 170-pound fight - but its what he wanted. McGregor had not lost in more than five years until Diazs surprise win McGregor had hurt Diaz early in their first bout in Las Vegas but could not capitalise and the bigger man landed some punishing blows himself before his jiu-jitsu talents won him the fight.White said Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar would also square off on the UFC 200 card, with the winner then taking on McGregor for the featherweight belt regardless of the Dubliners result against Diaz. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 22 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen