8. ... Arizona RHP Ian Kennedy was

in Bewerbung 18.10.2019 01:07
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

The Colorado Rockies will finish the season in third place in the National League West and with a chance at their best record since 2010.So who has been their MVP this year: DJ LeMahieu, Nolan Arenado, Carlos Gonzalez or Charlie Blackmon? Cast your vote in the poll below (stats entering Friday).The Rockies wrap up the regular season with a series against the Milwaukee Brewers at Crs Field this weekend.Cheap Shoes China Free Shipping . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. Shoes Wholesale China Market . The phone hearing is scheduled for 40pm et/10pm pt. Winchester, who was not penalized for the hit, appeared to make contact with Kellys head early in the first period of Thursdays game in Boston. http://www.wholesaleshoes.us.org/ . The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynchs famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game. Wholesale Shoes 2020 .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Cheap Shoes China Wholesale . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. SAN DIEGO -- Left-hander Eric Stults gave up a leadoff double to Gerardo Parra and didnt feel gd about his pitches. He quickly settled in, though, because he didnt give up another hit until Willie Blmquist singled with one out in the ninth. Stults finished with a career-best two-hitter and Logan Forsythe hit a bases-loaded, two-run single with two outs in the sixth to give the San Diego Padres a 2-1 victory against the NL West-leading Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. "It was a masterful performance," manager Bud Black said. "He gave up the leadoff hit to Parra and then after that they didnt threaten. I mean, he was outstanding." Stults throws a fastball that hits 90 and a slow curve in the low 60s. "The wide range of velocities keeps the hitters off-balance, disrupts their timing," Black said. "He pitches. He truly pitches." Stults (6-5) retired 16 of the last 17 batters for his third career complete game. He struck out three and walked one. He previously had thrown two four-hitters. It was the Padres first complete game this season. "Anytime you start you want to finish the game," Stults said. "I felt like I was able to get a lot of quick outs early. The first inning I didnt have a gd feel for my pitches. I felt like I was behind. Left the ball up to Parra to start the game off, so a leadoff double. But I was able to work through that kind of wildness for me and as the game went on get a better feel and my delivery was much better." After Parra doubled, he advanced on Blmquists groundout and scored on Cody Ross sacrifice fly. "We had a rocky start, kind of adjusting to the ump, a couple of balls that were close," catcher Yasmani Grandal said. "We made the adjustment, closed down the gap. The game of baseball is basically just keeping guys off balance. Thats what he does. He keeps guys off balance. Thats why hes so successful." The fourth-place Padres pulled within four games of the Diamondbacks. San Diego has won four straight and seven of nine. The Padres (33-34) are within one game of .500 for the first time since April 4. They started 5-15. Bench coach Alan Trammell managed the Diamondbacks while Kirk Gibson served his one-game suspension stemming from Tuesday nights brawl against the Los Angeles Dodgers. "Just off-speed," Trammell said about Stults. "Thats what he does. He uses the hitters energy against them. Like anybody whos not a hard-thrower -- thats what they do -- they get guys to get off-balance, thinking that at some particular time theyre going to sneak a fastball, and occasionally they do but most of the time percentages say theyre not and he didnt.dddddddddddd" Trevor Cahill (3- tied his career high with 10 strikeouts but got into trouble in the sixth. The Padres loaded the bases with no outs in the sixth when Alexi Amarista walked, Chase Headley was hit by a pitch and Carlos Quentin beat out an infield single to third base. Cahill struck out Kyle Blanks and Will Venable before Forsythe singled to left-centre, bringing in Amarista and Headley. Forsythe tk second on a throwing error by A.J. Pollock. "Those first-batter walks come back to haunt you," Cahill said. "I got ahead of Headley 1-2 and try to make a nasty pitch and hit him in the ft. "Its tough -- were in first place and you want to have an opportunity to get a bigger lead and I was just one pitch away. I made a bad pitch on Forsythe and couldnt get out of it." Cahill intentionally walked Yasmani Grandal and made way for Will Harris, who struck out Stults to end the inning. Cahill allowed two runs and five hits in 5 2-3 innings and walked three. NOTES: Gibson watched the game from a skybox with general manager Kevin Towers. ... Cahill set his career high with 10 strikeouts on June 26, 2010, against Pittsburgh. ... Before the game, the Padres honoured their 1998 team, which won the second NL pennant in team history before being swept by the New York Yankees in the World Series. Lefty Sterling Hitchcock, the MVP of the NLCS victory against Atlanta, threw out the ceremonial first pitch to catcher Carlos Hernandez. Anisha Gwynn Jones, daughter of Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn, sang the national anthem. ... Towers was GM of the Padres in 1998. ... Arizona RHP Ian Kennedy was suspended 10 games and infielder Eric Hinske five for their roles in Tuesdays fight at L.A. Both are appealing. ... The Padres made several moves before the game. ... They acquired INF Pedro Ciriaco from Boston for a player to be named or cash, reinstated closer Huston Street from the 15-day disabled list and optioned left-hander Tommy Layne and outfielder Jaff Decker to Triple-A Tucson. ... Ciriaco was designated for assignment by the Red Sox on Monday. ... The Padres have flip-flopped their weekend starters, with Jason Marquis set to go Saturday and Clayton Richard on Sunday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 58 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen