have hosted a weaker team for their first game back home sin

in Mitglieder 17.10.2019 09:33
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Haas driver Romain Grosjean thinks Formula Ones new American owners could be important in improving broadcasting and taking the sport to a whole new generation of fans.Last week John Malones Liberty Media announced it has?agreed to purchase a controlling stake in F1 in a deal worth $6.4 billion. The group has already outlined five key objectives for F1, including promotion and marketing of F1 as a sport and brand and enhancing the distribution of the content beyond the existing formats.Liberty is also expected to use its experience and expertise from American sport to improve fan engagement in F1 and Grosjean thinks its important the new owners change the perception of the sport.When asked if the new owners could bring a new era in fan engagement, he replied: It could ... People that dont know F1 dont think it is a sport. You drive a car... it is Gs [forces], it is temperature and so on, but it is hard to translate it on TV.With new technologies to show that the drivers are having a tough time in the car, people will try to follow more. With all the technology, the platform they have... you could get fan engagement through every social media platform we have today.Grosjean believes it is important to emphasise how difficult it is to be an F1 driver, something he does not think is appreciated in the wider sporting world.[Showing driver heartrate] could be fun. They do it in Tour de France with some of the riders. How many kilos you need to put on the brake pedal to stop the car... the Gs is great but for someone that doesnt know what 5Gs in the braking, what does it mean?It is the same as downhill skiing... if you go to Kitzbuhel and you see the slope you say f---, this is not f---ing around! It is hard to show it on TV.As part of Americas first F1 team since 1986, Grosjean thinks the future success of Haas could be instrumental in determining how perceptions of the sport change.I think [American owners] is pretty cl. Americans know how to produce a gd show if you lk at Superbowl or NASCAR, I think for the audience it is something we can improve. A second GP in the US, maybe in the West Coast would be gd.It is so hard to follow what is going on in F1 because most of the races are 3am or 4am so it is difficult to follow the race live. If Haas becomes more successful then people will start to follow more and it could be a great thing ... I think it is great for F1, it is such a big market, so having them in F1 is a great thing. m.com/Jalen-Mcdaniels-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Jalen McDaniels Jersey . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternn by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. m.com/Malik-Monk-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Malik Monk Hornets Jersey . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. m.com/Michael-Kidd-Gilchrist-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">https://www.hornetslockerrm.com/Michael-Kidd-Gilchrist-City-Edition-Jersey/ . The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he lks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. m.com/Kemba-Walker-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Kemba Walker Hornets Jersey . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. m.com/Michael-Kidd-Gilchrist-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Hornets Jersey . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season.TORONTO -- Teenage defender Kadeisha Buchanan was a revelation in Canadas 3-0 loss to the United States last Sunday, one of the bright spots on an otherwise dreary afternn for this countrys womens soccer team. With exactly two years to go until Canada hosts the FIFA womens World Cup, coach John Herdman is hoping to unearth more talented youngsters like Buchanan. "Were lking everywhere at the minute," Herdman said. "We are genuinely lking anywhere." The coach who led the Canadian women to Olympic bronze last summer in London addressed the media on a conference call Thursday, two years to the day Canada will kick off the womens World Cup in Edmonton, the site for Canadas group play. On the top of his to-do list: bring in gd young players to bolster a lineup lacking in depth. Buchanan, a 17-year-old from Mississauga, Ont., has been a solid addition to Canadas back line since Herdman recently brought her into camp. But shes only one player. "I was speaking to Tommy Sermanni, the U.S. coach, and he said he could put two first 11s out there that could potentially go out and win a World Cup. Hes got such (an) amount of depth in that squad," Herdman said. "You think, he brings (Sydney) Leroux in off the bench (who scored the third goal for the U.S. last Sunday). (Megan) Rapinoe wasnt there to bring in off the bench. You can bring Christen Press, whos got an unbelievable goalscoring record for them. "And you lk at that and go Wow. And you lk at our bench, and you go You know, hopefully one of these players or two of these players will rise up over the next two years if we support them in the right way." On the heels of its bronze medal in London, Herdman has pleaded patience with Canadian soccer fans as he rebuilds his roster ahead of the 2015 World Cup and 2016 Olympics. The average age of his team, if it remained status quo, would be 31 years old in Rio, whereas the average age of a World Cup or Olympic champion is 27 or 28. Herdman didnt have time to lk through Canadas talent pl last season, as he was hired barely a year before the Olympics. "We were literally operating with the group we had and couldnt put any attention to talent identification," he said. He and his staff have since lked at some 60 young women, and then narrowed that down to a small group that he hopes will graduate to the womens senior side. He has yet to find another player as gd as Buchanan, who helped keep the score respectable last week in Canadas friendly against the U.S. at Torontos BMO Field. "In terms of finding another (Christine) Sinclair, we found Kadeisha Buchanan, whos pretty much moving down that track," Herdman said. "Its an absolute rarity seeing a 17-year-old playing at this level. Weve got to see if theres any more. Thats all Ive got to say, weve got to keep lking across the bench and see wwhat else is out there, and give some kids an opportunity over the next two years.dddddddddddd "Over the last nine games that weve played weve given a lot of opportunity, but outside of Kadeisha theres no one whos really said, Im here, heres my shirt. The others have still got work to do, but the work isnt insurmountable in a two-and-a-half hear period." Herdman said the biggest gaps are in Canadas attacking side. Canada has few offensive threats who can break down tight defensive units outside Sinclair, Melissa Tancredi, Diana Matheson and Sophie Schmidt. "While were giving several players opportunities to break through, weve got to hope those players keep breaking through quickly," he said. "Anyone out there in Canada, that play up front, theres definitely a few shirts available at this point." Despite the lopsided score against the world No. 1-ranked United States last week, Herdman said there was reason for optimism. "For 65 minutes we limited them to seven shots and five crosses, which is unheard of in our history of playing the U.S.," he said. "Theres something there about finishing stronger." At the London Olympics, the Americans produced over 38 attacking acts -- crosses and shots -- he said, in their semifinal versus the Canadians. Canada managed to cut that number down to 22 on Sunday, "so there was a major shift there." Still, Herdman said player-for-player, Canada has a tough time matching up with the best teams in the world such as the U.S. and Germany, and has to figure out how to beat them tactically. "We wouldnt have t many Canadians who could get into starting lineups (in the U.S. or Germany), so tactically we have to be very clear and with our clarity hopefully we get that energy and commitment that can produce results like we did in London," he said. The coach was pleased that his players didnt wilt in front of the capacity crowd of 22,453 fans -- a record crowd for a soccer game at BMO Field -- last Sunday. Herdman said Canada could easily have hosted a weaker team for their first game back home since the London Games, and sent the fans home happy with a victory. But he wants the women to get used to playing tough matches in front of packed crowds before the World Cup. "And we want the home crowd to see how tough its going to be and that we need their support," he said. "From that we learned a lot. I was absolutely impressed by my players, I thought they handled the week fantastically. And on game day, there wasnt one of them that choked in front of that massive massive crowd. You can say a slight underperformance from one or two players, but nobody choked. And thats a great sign." The seventh-ranked Canadians will play No. 2 Germany in Paderborn, Germany, on June 19. Canada will host South Korea in a friendly in Edmonton on Oct. 30. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 316 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen