ice, I am brought back to the first time we p

in Clan- und Funwars 16.10.2019 08:26
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

PHOENIX -- Talk of Rich Hills blister has been quieted by the left-handers blistering pace since taking the mound for the Los Angeles Dodgers, at least mostly.Hill will lk to extend his 19-inning scoreless streak Thursday night when the Dodgers travel to Phoenix to face the Arizona Diamondbacks.Hill (3-0, 0.00 ERA) threw seven perfect innings against the Miami Marlins in his last start but was pulled by Los Angeles manager Dave Roberts for several reasons, including a familiar issue on Hills pitching hand.There was heat on his index finger, Roberts said. It was starting to get tender.Hill, who said his finger was fine, was less than happy to come out of the game but understd where the outing figured into the Dodgers pennant hopes.Dave was in a very difficult position, said Hill, who will be making his fourth start. You lk at it, and you move on. Thats all you can do.Hill has won his past nine decisions between Los Angeles and Oakland.The Dodgers position has continued to improve over the past week-plus. With Los Angeles 2-0 rain-soaked victory at Yankee Stadium, the Dodgers have won eight of their past ten and are five games ahead of the San Francisco Giants in the NL West.Los Angeles posted its major league-leading 15th shutout of the season on Wednesday.Hill will be opposed by Diamondbacks right-hander Archie Bradley (6-9, 5.10), who lasted just three innings in his past start, allowing five runs on eight hits with three strikeouts.Bradley has had success in the past against Los Angeles, posting a 3.06 ERA in three prior starts against the Dodgers.Arizona manager Chip Hale had to dig a little deeper into his bullpen than anticipated in Wednesday nights 11-6 against the Colorado Rockies.Right-hander Rubby De La Rosa was on a rough 60-pitch count which the Diamondbacks optimistically hoped would carry him through at least four innings. Instead, he needed 40 pitches to get through the first, walking two and giving up a home run along the way and earning a visit to the mound from Hale.De La Rosa came back to start the second and promptly hit Daniel Descalso with a pitch and Hale went to swingman Randall Delgado three outs into the game to finish the second before shifting to scheduled piggyback reliever Braden Shipley in the third.Its just hard because that order is so gd at scoring runs, Hale said. They were on him pretty well at the end.Hale used seven pitchers but, after Shipley left, none of the final four through more than 17 pitches.Offensively, the Diamondbacks continued rolling against the Rockies.Jean Segura has posted consecutive two-homer games and finished Wednesdays win with five hits in six at-bats. He has four home runs in his past two games and continued his march toward 200 hits, from which hes now 18 away.Brandon Drury became the first Diamondbacks rkie to homer in three straight games and has driven in a run in six straight contests. Light-hitting shortstop Chris Owings also homered on Wednesday for an offense that scored a franchise-record 34 runs in three games against Colorado on a franchise-record tying 50 hits.The Dodgers have won 10 of the first 15 meetings between the teams, though the clubs have split the six prior games at Chase Field. Adidas Continental 80 Korting . -- Jimmy Walkers first PGA Tour trophy came with a special gift tucked inside. Adidas Zx 9000 Kopen .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. http://www.nmdbelgie.com/kopen-adidas-alphabounce-sale.html . PETERSBURG, Fla. Adidas Schoenen NMD . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. Adidas NMD Kopen . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. The first time I ever played against Ashleigh Johnson was at a tournament in Florida when I was about 12 years old. Ashleigh was a goalie and I noticed her right away. She was incredible, getting out to her legs like no one I had ever seen. I remember getting super competitive trying to score on her, even trying to match how high she got out of the water. My team ended up winning, but I never forgot how talented Ashleigh was.Years later, when Ashleigh began training with us on the U.S. womens water polo team, I knew for a fact this was where she belonged. At the time, Ashleighs main focus was simply on making the team, not history. She was just going out there to do her thing and trying to achieve her dream. She never thought of herself as different.In reality, Ashleigh did stand out. First off, all of the women on our national team are from California and competed in college there as well. Ashleigh is from Florida and goes to Princeton. Moreover, she is the best goalie in the world, and considerably the best player in the world.I can tell you from experience that finding an opening to score on Ashleigh is difficult because, unlike most goalies, she plays with an attacking mentality. Most goalies have a defensive mentality whereas Ashleigh attacks the ball. Shell leave her cage to anticipate the steal and often dares opponents to sht against her. When a shot flies past me, Im already swimming to offense because I know Ashleigh will block it.Ashleigh is changing the way water polo is being played. Of course, shes changing the game in other ways, t. She is the first African-American woman ever to play on the U.S. womens water polo team, and was instrumental in winning the second straight gold medal for our program at the Olympics this past summer in Rio.ddddddddddddn the last couple of years, Ashleigh has recognized a dr was opened for her to be a role model, and she hasnt shied away from walking through it.I remember a team meeting during our training for the Olympics in which we talked about female empowerment. Ashleigh spoke about the impact she could have on others, both in and out of our sport. She said that growing up she never had anyone like herself to lk up to in water polo, and now she could be that person for other young African-American girls. She could show what was possible.Ashleigh is simply a pleasure to be around. Whether shes at a function getting an award or around little kids, her kindness and poise make people feel comfortable when theyre around her. She has an incredible light that she emits, and her smile lights up the whole rm.When I face Ashleigh in practice, I am brought back to the first time we played against one another as little girls back in Florida. I want to get a shot past her, I want to beat her, but she never, ever, makes it easy. I am lucky to have someone who brought out the best of me then, and continues to bring out the best in me today. I know my strong, intelligent and kind teammate is going to make a big difference in the lives of countless others, just as she has for us.More on Ashleigh Johnson? The Undefeated: Johnsons beautiful saves ?Story ?? What drives Olympic gold medalists ?Video ?? Inspiring words from Olympic stars ?Story ?The IMPACT25 is espnWs annual list of the 25 athletes and influencers who have made the greatest difference for women in sports. Explore the 2016 list and more content at espnW.com/IMPACT25. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 179 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen