Im no longer interested in trying to get people

in Clan- und Funwars 15.10.2019 08:57
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- Another big victory was slipping away from North Carolina State. Because the Wolfpack finally learned how to finish a game, their season isnt finished just yet.Jaylen Samuels ran for one touchdown and threw for another on a trick play, and N.C. State held on to upset rival North Carolina 28-21 on Friday, earning bowl eligibility while also locking up a division title for Virginia Tech.Its been a frustrating season for the Wolfpack (6-6, 3-5 Atlantic Coast Conference), who seemingly had victories in hand against a pair of nationally ranked division rivals -- Clemson and Florida State -- only to let them get away.It definitely makes you feel the worth of all your work, coach Dave Doeren said. Were playing every game but one -- Louisville -- for four quarters, toe to toe, with every team. We havent won enough of them. I agree. But we are so much more competitive than weve ever been.In what at times seemed like a replay of N.C. States 35-7 rout here two years ago, Matt Dayes rushed for 104 yards and two touchdowns. The second of those put the Wolfpack up 21-0 early in the second quarter.Samuels threw a 59-yard touchdown pass to Stephen Louis on a trick play on the opening drive, and ran 4 yards for the TD that made it 28-7.Mitch Trubisky threw three touchdown passes for the Tar Heels (8-4, 5-3), including a 48-yarder to Bug Howard that made it a seven-point game with 7:52 left. But on their next possession, they were stopped on downs near midfield with 3:10 to go and N.C. State ran out the clock -- with backup quarterback Jalen McClendon sealing it with a 14-yard run on third-and-5 with about 2 minutes left.Its about these players and these coaches hanging together amid a lot of heartbreaking days and negativity and doubt, Doeren said. Guys just kept fighting with each other and for each other and they knew where our program is headed. ... Today was about mastering ourselves and finding a way to win and doing it against our rival.The Tar Heels, 10 1/2-point favorites, needed a win and a Virginia Tech loss to Virginia to earn a second straight ACC championship game berth. This loss locks the Hokies into next weeks matchup with No. 4 Clemson in Orlando, Florida.THE TAKEAWAYN.C. State: This should take some heat off Doeren, who had been drawing criticism from a segment of the fan base after going 8-23 in ACC games before this one. In four years, Doeren now has won almost as many ACC games at UNCs Kenan Stadium (two) as he has at his own Carter-Finley Stadium (three).North Carolina: By losing to a pair of neighborhd rivals -- both of whom were under .500 at the time -- the Tar Heels blew their chance to repeat as Coastal champions. They lost to Duke and N.C. State in the same season for the first time since 2003, and in some ways this game felt like an extension of the loss in Durham -- with the Tar Heels managing a combined 13 points in the last two quarters of that game and the first three of this one.Thats on us, running back Elijah Hd said about the teams lack of focus. Weve got to go out there -- were on the ftball field, the balls coming to us, weve got to make that catch. Theres really no excuse for it.THE BRAWLThings got chippy late in the first half when UNC DT Jalen Dalton was ejected for throwing a punch during a fight that cleared the benches. The skirmish broke out near midfield with about six minutes left in the half after N.C. States Matt Dayes fumbled. The ball squirted about 20 yards downfield with at least four players trying to scp it up. That led to a pileup near midfield, and Dalton appeared to hit Wolfpack lineman Terronne Prescod. Later in the skirmish, UNC coach Larry Fedora unsuccessfully tried to restrain Dalton by the back of his collar. After a review, the pass was ruled incomplete.KEY MOMENTNorth Carolina trailed 21-7 at halftime and started the second half by recovering an onside kick to seemingly seize momentum. But during an official review, it was determined that Ayden Bonilla had delivered an illegal block before Anthony Ratliff-Williams recovered the ball. That wiped out the recovery and required a rekick, and N.C. State then chewed up 6 1/2 minutes with a 14-play drive that ended with Samuels touchdown run that made it 28-7.UP NEXTN.C. State: This victory earned the Wolfpack a spot in a bowl game, and on Dec. 4 theyll find out who and where they play.North Carolina: The Tar Heels wont have to worry about flying to Orlando next week for the ACC championship game. Instead, theyll await their bowl opponent.---Follow Joedy McCreary at http://twitter.com/joedyap.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. ds.com/Womens-Carson-Wentz-Inverted-Jersey/" target="_blank">Carson Wentz Eagles Jersey . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but tk over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. ds.com/Womens-Desean-Jackson-Inverted-Jersey/" target="_blank">DeSean Jackson Womens Jersey . The 18-year-old American had five birdies in her bogey-free round for a 17-under total of 196. Lee held the overnight lead but mixed three birdies with two bogeys for a 70. ds.com/Womens-Andre-Dillard-Inverted-Jersey/" target="_blank">https://www.eaglessportsgds.com/Womens-Andre-Dillard-Inverted-Jersey/ . -- In a span of seven Washington Redskins offensive plays, Justin Tuck sacked Robert Griffin III four times. ds.com/Womens-Wes-Hopkins-Inverted-Jersey/" target="_blank">Wes Hopkins Womens Jersey .R. Smith realized how easily basketball can be taken from him, and he wasnt going to take his place in the NBA for granted anymore. ds.com/Womens-Miles-Sanders-Inverted-Jersey/" target="_blank">Miles Sanders Womens Jersey . Louis Cardinals. Victorino is batting sixth and playing right field after missing two games because of back tightness. FRISCO, Texas -- Dez Bryant hesitated to talk about playing a day after the death of his father, and preferred not to try to add anything to Tony Romos heartfelt statement about the quarterback situation in Dallas.The Cowboys star receiver had already drained enough emotion on the field in a wild win at Pittsburgh, less than a week after his passionate reminder that critics didnt think hed still be around six years after he slid in the draft because of concerns over character.To try to get Bryant talking, someone offered a description of his game against the Steelers , when he had six catches for 116 yards and a 50-yard touchdown that ended with him in tears on his knees in the end zone rather than in his customary X pose.It was cl, the 2014 All-Pro said, smiling as the brief answer stopped, drawing laughter from reporters.There is another way to get Bryant going these days. Ask about the chemistry hes been raving about for weeks on a team with the NFLs best record (8-1) heading into Sundays game against AFC North-leading Baltimore (5-4).Bryant wasnt expecting that bond to affect him this personally, though. Not until he had to play so sn after finding out his father died, and while the team was on the road.If I didnt have my teammates or that type of vibe -- if we didnt have this type of vibe in the locker rm -- I dont think I couldve played in that game, to be honest, Bryant said. These guys are amazing.The scene in the end zone was rare for the normally demonstrative Bryant, who is tied with teammate Jason Witten with 62 career touchdowns, third in club history and nine shy of Hall of Famer Bob Hayes record. The full embrace with coach Jason Garrett is what std out on the sideline.I love Dez Bryant, Garrett said. Anyone who has had a chance to be around him loves him the same. He believes strongly in developing relationships with people around him. He loves this ftball team. He loves his teammates. Its hard not to feel the same way about him.Bryant believes team chemistry helped ease the transition to rkie Dak Prescott, who has won eight straight games and is keeping the quarterback job even though Romo, the 10-year starter, is ready to play following a preseason back injury.dddddddddddd Romo has been the guy on the other end of most of Bryants 434 catches and 6,223 yards in his career.When Bryant offered enthusiastic updates on Romos recovery from the broken bone in his back from a preseason game, some interpreted it as his desire to get Romo back on the field. But Bryant had been clear from early in the season that he thought Prescott could be something special.Pundits seized on Bryants pair of one-catch games with Prescott. Yet he also has three 100-yard games in the six he has played; Bryant missed three games with a knee injury.I feel like I have been misunderstd for so long, said Bryant, who had off-field issues early in his career and several emotional outbursts on the sidelines. Im really not supposed to be in the league right now, according to a lot of people. But Im here. A lot of people try to say Im a `me, me, me guy. Thats never been. Thats not how I was taught.And he believes that has something to do with why he is still in the league, and signed his big contract.I genuinely care about people, he said. Ive been around a lot of hate in my life. Thats something I try my best to eliminate every day. Like I said, Im no longer interested in trying to get people to see who I am.Witten, in his 14th season and the Dallas leader in career receptions, is among those who have tangled with Bryant in sideline episodes through the years. Those incidents never seemed to spill into the locker rm during the week, and theyre less frequent.Thats one of the relationships that Ive cherished the most over the last seven years, Witten said. We talk about it all the time, but when you can have an impact like that and see a guy come along on the field, the skill set he brings, how competitive he is and then the growth that goes with it, hes a brother of mine.Bryant felt that bond more than ever last weekend.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 31 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen