leaving him 9 short of breaking Eric Dickersons all-time

in Mitglieder 10.10.2019 10:22
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

MIAMI -- The Miami Marlins rough first inning certainly didnt suggest they would eventually get the best of Stephen Strasburg and the Washington Nationals. The Marlins spotted Strasburg three runs in the first, but responded in a big way. Marcell Ozuna drove in three runs, and Giancarlo Stanton homered for the Marlins, who dealt Strasburg the worst loss of his career in a 8-3 win over the Nationals on Friday night. "Obviously, that first inning wasnt how anybody drew it up," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "I dont think anybody anticipated that. Fortunately for us we were able to come out there and have some great at-bats." Strasburg (5-7) allowed a career-high seven earned runs and tied a career-high with four walks in two innings after the Nationals gave him a 3-0 lead. "Hes been awfully gd, but this time was the one bad one," Nationals manager Davey Johnson said. "It was just a tough time. We got him the lead and he had some problems." It was his shortest outing since he pitched two innings on May 31 at Atlanta. He left that game early because of a lat strain that forced him to go on the disabled list. "Today was one of those days where Strasburg really lked out of whack," Redmond said. Washington has lost four of five. Nathan Eovaldi (2-0) settled down after the tough first inning and held the Nationals without a run over the next five innings. He struck out five and walked four. The Nationals tk a 3-0 lead on a two-run double by Adam LaRoche and an RBI groundout by Jayson Werth. "I kind of let the first inning get the best of me," Eovaldi said. "The guys picked me right back up as sn as we got in the dugout, which was huge for them to put together the at-bats they did against Strasburg." It was rare run support for Strasburg, who entered the game with a 2.45 ERA, but he was unable to hold the lead. "I couldnt throw a strike," Strasburg said. "Its frustrating. Throw ball one, ball two to every single batter." Strasburg walked three of the first four batters he faced, and Ozuna made him pay with a bases-clearing triple to deep centre field that tied the game 3-3. "I was facing him a couple years ago in low-A when he made a rehab start, and I struck out," Ozuna said. "He threw harder before and now he is 96 sometimes -- 93, 92 is the average of his fastball. He threw very hard 99, 98 with a big curveball, no chance to get a hit. "Now we face him and I got my hit, a big hit." Derek Dietrich and Eovaldi followed with RBI singles, and the Marlins sent 10 batters to the plate in the first inning and led 5-3. "I wasnt planning on going out there and giving up five runs in the first inning, but it is what it is," Strasburg said. "You just have to hang in there, I guess. Its tough. It happens to everybody. Its all about how you bounce back." Stantons ninth home run of the season, a two-run shot into the Nationals bullpen in right field, stretched Miamis lead to 7-3. Adeiny Hechavarria, who singled in the first to extend his career-best hitting streak to 11 games, had an RBI double in the seventh to make it 8-3. Hechavarria is batting .442 (19 for 43) during the streak. NOTES: Strasburg dropped to 1-4 with a 4.66 ERA in nine road starts this season. He also gave up seven runs on Aug. 28, 2012, against the Marlins, but only five were earned. ... Marlins RHP Henderson Alvarez will start on Sunday, replacing Kevin Slowey, so Alvarez can get another start before the All-Star break. ... Marlins RHP Chad Qualls will be placed on the paternity list on Saturday and then join the team in Milwaukee after the break. ... Marlins rkie All-Star RHP Jose Fernandez (5-5, 2.83 ERA) will take the mound on Saturday against Nationals RHP Dan Haren (4-10, 6.00 ERA). m.com/Caleb-Swanigan-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Caleb Swanigan Jersey . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternn by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. m.com/Buddy-Hield-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Buddy Hield Jersey . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shtaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . m.com/Tyler-Lydon-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">https://www.kingslockerrm.com/Tyler-Lydon-City-Edition-Jersey/ . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. m.com/Harry-Giles-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Harry Giles Kings Jersey . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. m.com/Caleb-Swanigan-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Caleb Swanigan Kings Jersey . PAUL, Minn. MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Vikings have moved into U.S. Bank Stadium, where theyll host the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night in the first regular-season game at the $1.1 billion venue. Heres a lk back at a dozen of the most memorable moments from their previous home fields, including a pair of bonus headline-grabbers from their brief stay at the University of Minnesota:METROPOLITAN STADIUM (1961-1981)Sept. 17, 1961 -- The Vikings marked the expansion franchises first regular-season game with a 37-13 upset of division rival Chicago. The victory was fueled by five forced turnovers by the defense and four touchdown passes by Fran Tarkenton.Jan. 4, 1970 -- The Vikings beat Cleveland 27-7 to become the first modern-era expansion team to win the NFL championship game, the last of its kind before the AFL merger created two conferences. The Vikings went on to their first of four Super Bowl losses.Dec. 29, 1975 -- After posting an NFL-best 12-2 record in the regular season, the Vikings were upset 17-14 at home in the playoffs by Dallas on a last-second 50-yard touchdown pass from Roger Staubach to Drew Pearson. Pearson landed out of bounds, but the officials ruled he wouldve been in without midair contact by Nate Wright. The Vikings believed Pearson actually pushed off on Wright for leverage. The play became known as the first Hail Mary pass, because of Staubachs claim to have uttered a desperate prayer before the throw.Dec. 14, 1980 -- The Hail Mary went the home teams way on the games final play when Tommy Kramer connected with Ahmad Rashad on a deflected 46-yard completion to give the Vikings a 28-23 victory over Cleveland to clinch their 11th division title in the last 13 years.THE METRODOME (1982-2013)Oct. 15, 1989 -- Herschel Walker, acquired three days earlier in a whopper of a trade with Dallas, rushed for 148 yards in his debut for Minnesota including a 47-yard romp during which he shed one of his shoes. The Vikings beat Green Bay 26-14.Sept. 6, 1998 -- Rkie Randy Moss started his career with two touchdown catches during a 31-7 victory over TTampa Bay.dddddddddddd The Vikings finished 15-1 in the regular season and set what was then the NFL record by scoring 556 points.Jan. 17, 1999 -- Gary Andersons first missed kick of the season came in the NFC championship game, with 2:07 left in the fourth quarter and the Vikings leading by seven points. Atlanta rallied for the tie, and then the winning field goal by Morten Andersen in a 30-27 overtime decision.Nov. 4, 2007 -- Rkie Adrian Peterson set the NFLs all-time single-game rushing record with 296 yards. The Vikings won 35-17 despite a 109-yard touchdown return by San Diegos Antonio Cromartie of a missed field goal at the end of the first half.Sept. 27, 2009 -- Brett Favre threaded a 32-yard touchdown pass through San Franciscos defense to Greg Lewis with 2 seconds left. That gave the Vikings a 27-24 victory early in a season that ended in the NFC championship game. Eight days later, Favre engineered an inspired 30-23 victory over his old team, Green Bay.Dec. 30, 2012 -- Peterson rushed for 199 yards to raise his season total to 2,097, leaving him 9 short of breaking Eric Dickersons all-time NFL record. Peterson led the Vikings to a 37-34 victory over Green Bay to get the last spot in the NFC playoffs.TCF BANK STADIUM (2014-2015)Dec. 20, 2010 -- Favre leaves what becomes the last game of the Hall of Fame quarterbacks 20-year career with a concussion, after being slammed down by Bears defensive end Corey Wtton on a frigid night. The matchup was moved outside by the snowstorm-caused collapse of the Metrodome rf eight days earlier.Jan. 10, 2016 -- The coldest game in franchise history with a kickoff temperature of minus-6 degrees takes place in the wild-card round of the NFC playoffs. The division champion Vikings lose 10-9 to Seattle after Blair Walsh misses a 27-yard field goal with 22 seconds left.---Online:AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL coverage on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 213 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen