dont have to do the things I did in the past with the team I ha

in Mitglieder 09.10.2019 08:31
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

METAIRIE, La. -- Fully one third of all of sacks and interceptions the New Orleans Saints defense has produced this season happened in one game -- the last game.Middle linebacker Craig Robertson and defensive end Paul Kruger are among the Saints defenders who said theyd like to think the spike in big plays is something that can carry forward -- not simply the result of favorable matchups on a particular week.This Thursday night, the Saints play the Carolina Panthers and veteran, dynamic quarterback Cam Newton. Last week, it was Denver rkie Trevor Siemian, whose teams struggling running game has only increased pressure on him.Kruger said he sees the Saints defense starting to play well together, starting to understand each other as individuals and as a group.The Saints had six sacks against Denver, bringing their total for all nine games this season to 17. New Orleans two interceptions raised its total in that category to six.Kruger said a variety of factors play into a defenses ability to create pressure on a quarterback, including an opposing offenses scheme, play-calling and how quickly the quarterback is able to consistently make throws.In some of those earlier games, we were rushing the passer well. We just werent able to get there as often, Kruger said. Sometimes the stats dont tell the full story.The Saints are also getting healthier at key positions. Two games ago, top cornerback Delvin Breaux played for the first time since fracturing his fibula in Week 1. Also in Week 9, the Saints first-round draft choice, defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins, made his NFL debut after recovering from his own fractured fibula during training camp. And against Denver, linebacker Dannell Ellerbe played for only the second time this season.Both Rankins and Ellerbe had sacks, and Ellerbe blitzed frequently. While Breaux did not have an interception -- those were made by cornerback Sterling Mre and safety Kenny Vaccaro -- linebacker Craig Robertson said Breauxs coverage skills can sometimes force quarterbacks to hold the ball longer, leading to sacks or less accurate throws under duress.With the type of talent we added back, it was destined to happen, Robertson said, referring to his units spike in big plays. But at the same time, our coaches put together a great plan. ... We executed that plan as best as we possibly could.Saints coach Sean Payton said his defense played one of its best games this season last Sunday and that having players return from injury certainly helped.Fortunately, weve been able to get some of those guys back in and playing, he said.Panthers tight end Greg Olsen also noted that the Saints defense appears healthier than when New Orleans defeated the Panthers 41-38 in the Superdome in Week 6.Last week against Denver they really played well. Theyre playing fast, Olsen said. Getting those (previously injured) guys back into the mix always helps.The Saints also have tried a variety of defensive formations to keep offenses guessing. Last week, they decided to take advantage of Krugers ability to cover short passes, lining up five defensive linemen in some running situations.Its basically just getting a lot of big guys on the field, Kruger said. Its worked well for us in the short amount of time weve had it here.Whether New Orleans defense is all of a sudden an above-average defense remains to be seen. Currently, the Saints still rank 29th out of 32 teams in yards allowed per game with 400.6. The Saints are dead last in yards passing allowed with 292.7 per game.But their recently demonstrated ability to get more pressure on quarterbacks gives them hope of playing better down the stretch, and they know they dont have to be dominant with prolific quarterback Drew Brees running New Orleans league-leading offense.Weve got to trust who we can be and just know who we want to be, Robertson said.---Game notes Three Saints players did not practice on Tuesday: LT Terron Armstead (knee and quadriceps), CB Delvin Breaux and RB Daniel Lasco (hamstring). ... Five players were listed as limited: RB Travaris Cadet (toe), LB Stephone Anthony (hamstring), DT David Onyemata (knee), LB Dannell Ellerbe (quadriceps), P Thomas Morstead (ankle). ... Special teams regular and reserve LB Mike Mauti, who was placed on the non-ftball illness list on Monday, said hes been told by doctors he surgery for colitis (an ulcer) and does not expect to return to ftball until next season.---AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL kiesshop.com/Spencer-Dinwiddie-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Spencer Dinwiddie Jersey . But what about the officials? Every sport has officials and they also have stories about hard work and sacrifice but their accomplishments are seldom recognized by anyone outside their inner circle. kiesshop.com/Garrett-Temple-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Garrett Temple Jersey . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead. kiesshop.com/Jarrett-Allen-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">https://www.netsrkiesshop.com/Jarrett-Allen-City-Edition-Jersey/ . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. kiesshop.com/Henry-Ellenson-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">Henry Ellenson Jersey . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada tk control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. kiesshop.com/David-Nwaba-City-Edition-Jersey/" target="_blank">David Nwaba Jersey . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. NEW YORK -- Derrick Rose knows he wont get a unanimous ovation from the United Center crowd on Friday, when he returns to the arena for the first time since being traded to the New York Knicks.That would be a dream, but I know Im going to get some bs here and there, Rose said Wednesday night. Its all a part of the game, all a part of the sport. Its not going to affect the way that I play and how bad I want to win that game.Rose will play in Chicago for the first time as a visitor on Friday night, after spending his first seven NBA seasons as the face of the?Bulls?franchise. Teammate Joakim Noah will also be making his return to Chicago.And while Rose expects some bs, former teammate?Jimmy Butler?said he expects a standing ovation for both players -- and hell be one of those on his feet.Lots of love, I can promise you that, Butler said Thursday. Ill be standing when their name is called, t, because they did a lot for the city. On the flr, they did a lot, but I think they did even more off the flr. Thats what I commend them for.Rose, a native of the South Side of Chicago, said he has no ill feelings toward the organization as he prepares to head home.Theres no bad bld there at all, Rose said. I totally understand the business of this game, and yeah, theres no bad bld. I never felt that way about getting traded or me coming to this team. I always tk it as a blessing that I had the opportunity to come in this market, this franchise, and to be able to create a culture here.Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg also expects a warm welcome for Rose.I think he should be received well, Hoiberg said. Derrick did a lot of gd things for the franchise, for the city -- obviously, winning an MVP. He had some great moments, some big playoff series. I thinnk hell be ?received very well.ddddddddddddose was drafted by the Bulls?with the No. 1 overall pick out of Memphis in 2008 and was named rkie of the year that season. He was named NBA MVP after the 2010-11 campaign, the youngest player to win the award, and led the Bulls to the top of the Eastern Conference during that regular season.But he hurt his knee for the first time in the playoffs the following season and had played in just 39 percent of possible games due to various injuries following the original injury.Earlier this week, Rose said that he approaches the game differently in New York than he did as a Bull.That was a young, raw talent, reckless type player. The player you see now, Im more mature, Rose told reporters. My IQ of the game has gotten higher. I dont have to do the things I did in the past with the team I have right now. Ill lk crazy going out there shting some of the shots I shot with the Bulls. Theres no need for that.Rose and the Knicks are off to a slow start thus far. New York is 1-3 and struggling to find cohesion on either end of the flr entering the game against Chicago. Rose is averaging 16 points, four rebounds and 2.5 assists over four games and is still trying to get comfortable with the offense after missing two weeks during the preseason to attend a civil trial in Los Angeles.Weve got to figure this out, Rose said after the Knicks 19-point loss to the?Houston Rockets?on Wednesday. Were trying to get better every day. Thats our approach to every game and practice, but it takes time.Were building a culture here, and it takes time.-- ESPNs Jeff Gdman contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 289 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen