Very important role he plays.G

in Mitglieder 08.10.2019 09:14
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Francisco Lindor singled to break up Max Scherzers no-hit bid and scored in the seventh inning, and Trevor Bauer pitched the Cleveland Indians to a 3-1 win over the Washington Nationals on Tuesday night.Jose Ramirez went 2 for 4 with an RBI double in the seventh and an RBI single in the ninth. Lonnie Chisenhall drove in Ramirez in the seventh while Cleveland cracked Scherzer after Bauer kept the Nationals at bay.Bauer (8-5) allowed four hits and no runs and struck out four in 6 1/3 innings opposite Scherzers attempt to record his third no-hitter. Scherzer (12-7) retired 19 of the first 20 batters before struggling in the seventh, and the right-hander finished with 10 strikeouts.Jayson Werth hit a solo home run off Indians trade-deadline acquisition Andrew Miller in the eighth, his 14th of the season, and extended his on-base streak to 39 games.Terry Francona was not feeling well enough to manage Cleveland after complaining of chest pain before the game. He was replaced by bench coach Brad Mills, but the team said the decision was precautionary. Discount Nike Shoes . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. Nike Shoes Outlet . -- Jonathan Drouin gave Halifax the bst it needed to edge host Sherbrke Phoenix 3-2 in a shtout in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. https://www.fakenikeshoeswholesale.com/ . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. Cyber Monday Nike Shoes .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Mre to take over as receivers coach. Black Friday Nike Shoes . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shtout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Andre Roberts believes in second chances. Fortunately for the Lions receiver, quarterback Matthew Stafford is willing to dish them out.Roberts, who signed a one-year contract with Detroit in June after being cut by the Redskins, made a crucial 20-yard reception late in Sundays game to set up the go-ahead touchdown in a 20-17 win over Washington.Detroit trailed by four with less than a minute left and Roberts delivered, leaping high for a 12-yard pass from Stafford. He tipped the ball to himself, brought it down and ran an additional eight yards to the Redskins 18. Two plays later, Stafford connected with Anquan Boldin for an 18-yard touchdown, giving the Lions (4-3) their third consecutive victory in dramatic fashion.Roberts acrobatic grab provided redemption after he dropped a deep pass in the second quarter.It was a very fine bounce-back catch, Lions coach Jim Caldwell said Monday. Often times, you dont get that opportunity.Roberts only had four receptions for 29 yards entering Sundays game against his former team.Were all human, he said. We might drop one ball every once in a while, but were going to get the opportunity to catch another one. Things happen so fast in a game. I completely forgot about it.Roberts had to make an adjustment on the fourth-quarter reception when Staffords throw sailed a little high.You concentrate the same, whether you catch it the first time or bobble it, Roberts said. I just wanted to come down with the catch, regardless of how it was being caught.Boldin was not surprised by Roberts ability to rebound in a critical situation.That was big for us, but we expected that out of him, Boldin said. I dont think Matt hesitaated to go back to Dre, just because he had a drop.dddddddddddd Matt is pretty confident with the guys we have out there. Hes going to give you a chance.Roberts has been a welcome addition, giving the Lions a versatile receiver in the post-Calvin Johnson era, plus an important special teams player. Roberts, among the NFL leaders in punt returns, had an 85-yard touchdown return at Chicago in Week 4. Detroit made rm for Roberts on its 53-man roster by trading receiver Jeremy Kerley to San Francisco in late August and cutting TJ Jones.Hes learning, developing, Caldwell said of Roberts. Hes an integral part of what we do. Were lining up in four wides more than weve done previously; thats because we think hes certainly capable. He even returns punts and kicks. Very important role he plays.Getting targets from Stafford can prove difficult with so many playmakers on the Lions offense. Receiver Marvin Jones leads with 33 receptions, followed by Boldin (32), Golden Tate (31), Theo Riddick (26) and Eric Ebron (1. Riddick missed the last two games with an ankle injury and Ebron missed three games with ankle and knee issues.I have to keep myself in the game, keep myself involved, Roberts said. I come in for the other guys, so I am involved. I play every position. I understand that my role may be limited, but I have to make the most of my opportunities.Making a big play against the Redskins was even more rewarding.It was definitely sweet being against my old team, Roberts said. Getting a win and making a pretty big catch in the game, it feels gd. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 397 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen