tten.After all, thats what propelled her into

in Mitglieder 08.10.2019 09:13
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- The New York Knicks will not concede they have a "big" problem -- yet. They know the Indiana Pacers have a size advantage, realize that Carmelo Anthony is going to get beat up banging against a bulkier body, and understand that a change to a lineup with a conventional power forward may become necessary. Not now, but check back if they lose Game 2 on Tuesday night. "Im not saying I wont do that. But Im just saying right now weve only got one game under our belt. ... The small lineup that we started didnt cost us," Knicks coach Mike Wdson said Monday. "And I dont consider Melo a small. You guys might, but I dont." He is, though, when it comes to his matchup against the Pacers. Listed at 6-ft-8 and 235 pounds, Anthony has a quickness advantage playing against power forwards, and hes big enough to defend many of them. But Indianas David West is 6-9 and 250, playing his natural position hes been an All-Star at, and hes one of the toughest competitors around. The Pacers outrebounded the Knicks 44-30 on Sunday in their 102-95 victory in the opener of the second-round series. "Were a big, physical team," Pacers centre Roy Hibbert said. "Their specialty is their offensive firepower and weve got guys that could hold down the paint and the perimeter, t. So we just try to make everything as hard as possible for those guys and use our length and athleticism." Anthony was in foul trouble and shot only 10 of 28, and a couple of his teammates even expressed concern about the pounding he tk. But Anthony offers no excuses and his coach makes no concessions, saying the guys who started werent the problem since the Knicks led after the first quarter. "I thought we came out, we held our own the start of the game, had nothing to do with who started at the 4 or the 5," Wdson said. "Melos played big guys all year. Last I checked, statistics-wise weve been pretty damn gd this year with Melo playing at the 4 spot, so I dont see any reason to change at this point right now." But something is affecting Anthony. The NBAs leading scorer has made just 35 of 110 shots over his last four games and his shting percentage for the post-season is down to 38 per cent overall and 26 per cent from 3-point range. Point guard Raymond Felton wondered if the Pacers were targeting Anthonys sore left shoulder that he wore a strap over in Game 1 to keep in place. Teammate Kenyon Martin said he didnt think Anthony should have to "wrestle and tussle" with West and that perhaps the Knicks should start a bigger lineup. (He would be the obvious candidate to start). "I think K-Mart is coming from a concerned standpoint as a teammate from me getting beat up so much, but weve been going through and dealing with the same thing all year long," Anthony said. "Im fine. Ive been bruised up, beat up all year long, so as far as them guys targeting the shoulder, I cant worry about that." Martin is only an inch taller and weighs less than Anthony, who shifted from his normal small forward spot to the power forward last season when Amare Stoudemire was injured and stayed there this season when Stoudemire remained out. The Knicks flourished with the small lineup and an emphasis on 3-point shting. "Kenyon is no bigger than Melo, thats kind of how I lk at it," Wdson said. "Well just gauge it and see how it goes tomorrow and if weve got to make that adjustment, Ill be the one to make that call." Stoudemire could become an option to get big man minutes later in the series if hes cleared to return from right knee surgery. He tk part in 3-on-3 scrimmages Monday, lking winded but expecting to practice Thursday and be in uniform Saturday. "Game 1 was tough for us, but were going to retaliate in Game 2 and see how that goes, and then from that game well see what type of adjustments we need to make. And then if Im able to play, then I will," Stoudemire said. The Knicks said most of their problems stemmed from being outworked, but theyve got other issues. Hibbert (14 points, 8 rebounds, 5 blocks) dominated his matchup with Tyson Chandler (4 points, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks, 6 fouls), and Sixth Man of the Year J.R. Smith continued his shting woes by going 4 of 15. "I thought both teams played extremely physical. Its going to be that kind of series," Pacers coach Frank Vogel said. "I dont think weve won that physicality battle or anything like that. I think they played extremely hard and physical, and so did we." With the Knicks unable to hit from the perimeter, they were forced to drive at Hibbert and other big defenders, which plays into the Pacers hands. But Anthony said hell keep doing it, insisting again the Knicks effort was more of a problem than the Pacers execution. "For the most part, everything came down to effort yesterday," he said. "In our minds, we cannot get outworked like we did yesterday and that will be the adjustment." Adidas Stan Smith Sverige . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. Adidas Superstar Dam Sverige .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. http://www.nmdsverige.com/superstar-adidas-skor/herr.html . U.S. District Judge Lorna G. Schofield in Manhattan agreed that lawyers on both sides could make their formal requests by Nov. 8. A hearing is scheduled for a day earlier. Jordan Siev, a lawyer for Rodriguez, wrote in a joint letter to the judge from lawyers on both sides that MLB lawyers planned to ask that the lawsuit be dismissed. NMD Human Race Sverige . "We have always prided ourselves on the way we play defence. Having two big pieces back is going to be a key for us moving forward for years to come," said Knighthawks head coach Mike Hasen. Adidas Falcon Herr . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. To an outsider, it might seem that Sue Lees career just recently launched forward at high speed. Its easy, she thinks, to forget how much shes accomplished until she stops to think about it in retrospect. Video games and esports were a staple -- an escape -- in her life at one point. And the passion she exercised managed to translate into something more.Known to the gaming community as Smix, Lee spends a lot of her time as a stage personality. As a host and live translator for events like DreamHack, her role is to engage the audience and the pro gamers who are often standing in the spotlight beside her. And when she isnt hosting events, shes working at Twitch as a partnerships merchandise associate.Lee was born in Seoul, South Korea, but moved to New York when she was only 10 months old. I was born there, but I pretty much -- you know -- Im as American as they come, basically, she said with a laugh.She has an older brother. Raised in a traditional [South] Korean family, she spoke exclusively Korean at home. And living in a South Korean-saturated community in Queens, Lee said that it was a comfortable area for her mother to get by without knowing much English. My mom made me go to Korean schl, which was like this makeshift class after church on Sundays, Lee said.As a child, Lee always played games alongside her brother. Growing up, I lked up to my brother a lot, she said.Noticing that her brother had been playing games on his computer, Lee immediately followed suit. There was a mouse and cheese game. All of them, like, Windows 98 games, she said.Lee fondly recalled the time her brother asked for her input about whether they should get a PlayStation or a Nintendo 64. (She picked PlayStation; her brother ignored her input and chose the N64 instead.) And the times her brother would trick her into a trap so he could snipe the kill on her avatar. I was easy to kill, she laughed.Eventually, Lee ended up in St. Louis for college, at Washington University. She was a double major in anthropology and psychology, with the idea that she wanted to understand people. I feel like psychology is a very close-up, microscopic study of people. You get a really gd understanding of the way people think, why people think the way we do, Lee said. And then I liked anthropology because I thought [it] was kind of a macroscopic lk at people.She also decided on a Korean literature and language minor, wanting to further her skills in the language. She had to take a placement test, and while she wasnt unfamiliar with the language, she wasnt super-fluent, either, so she ended up in Korean 2 instead of Korean 1.When she eventually made the climb to Korean 4, she realized the class was full of native South Korean international students who had taken the class for an easy grade. It was kind of like the final stage, she said. I remember it was full of -- basically to be blunt about it -- [South] Korean international students who wanted an easy A. So obviously, to them, it was an easy A. But to me, it was really difficult.She and her fellow students were tasked with finding a topic of their own chsing to talk about, in Korean, for the duration of the course. Lee chose StarCraft.I chose the topic of StarCraft, and how it evolved the way it did in [South] Korea, Lee said. The guys in particular knew about it. I think they raised an eyebrow at the fact that I cared so much about it, and then the girls were just really nice girls. So they were just like, oh, thats cl that youre so into it.College was also a dark time for Lee. During the autumn of 2009, Lee experienced a life event that exacerbated her depression. Losing motivation to attend classes, Lee found solace in watching pro StarCraft leagues, and a majority of her life revolved around it. I would wake up at 9 p.m., and then I would wait until South Korean StarCraft came on, which was usually at around 3 or 4 a.m., Lee recalled. I would watch the matches, and then as sn as the matches ended, I would wait until the postmatch interviews were posted on the South Korean forums, which was usually around, like, 7 or 8 a.m.Shed then immediately translate those interviews as sn as they would show up, post the translations on the Team Liquid forum, and finally head to bed. Lee discovered this site about a year prior, when visiting South Korea for the first time. After having seen professional games broadcast on some of the cable channels late at night, she had found this forum chock full of international fans who were just as excited about professional SC matches as she was.Still, it was a difficult time for her, as she deactivated from her sorority. I really did try to make the most of my college experience, she said.Lee explains that she had cultivated a variety of friend circles at that time in her college career. But I pretty much just dropped everything at this point, she said. The only productive thing I enjoyed doing was [translating]. After MLG Raleigh [2011], I was asked to live-translate at IPL 3.[StarCraft] was literally the only gd thing to come out of that time, she admitted.Her text translations became an important source of information for the Team Liquid forum she frequented at the time. It was a productive method of coping that ultimately enabled her to be involved in the esports scene.Stemming from a recommendation from one of thhe admins in the Team Liquid forum, James Lampkin, Lee was invited to translate for IPL 3.dddddddddddd Because there were so many tournaments that had [South] Koreans at the time, because I did a decent, acceptable job, I started being asked by other tournament organizers, she said. Though it was the first time shed ever done live-translating, Lee made sure that she was well-prepped for whatever might come her way by utilizing an academic tactic: studying.I made, like, flashcards, she said with a laugh. I put, like, the unit names and then the Korean word for it on the back, and I really studied my butt off for it.Now that Lee is a little more experienced with live-translating, there are other tls of the trade that shes picked up. For example, players sometimes might use a phrase thats specifically a Korean phrase that sounds really bizarre translated literally, Lee explained. In that case, I do think that its better to just interpret and think of a similar-ish way to say it in English, without translating it word for word.Other than those instances, she adopts a more literal style even if it means things sound a bit more dry. Part of that is because Lee says it would be taking liberties to embellish the answers that are given. Theres also the possibility of adding banter to a comment, when the intention wasnt there to begin with.Transitioning to a host presented its own set of challenges. Live-translating definitely helped Lee for the stage presence needed to fulfill host duties, but there were so many other things in play that had to be worked on. Theres just a lot of skills of being a host that I just didnt have from the start, she admitted.Leading the crowd, hyping them up, and knowing when to transition smthly are some of the many skills a host needs to balance. Being a bilingual host also presented its own challenges, partly because Lee didnt know which way of interviewing players would work better. Should she ask the English question directly, or announce to the viewers that she was going to ask (and subsequently, translate) the question? That sounds like its not a big difference, but it is, actually, said Lee.Stuck in this conundrum, Lee lked toward another Korean-speaking bilingual host as a role model. Chobra was doing similar work as me, where he would translate and host. I thought the way he did it was very smth and fluid, she said.Despite all the hard work that has gotten Lee to where she is now, there were streams of comments that nitpicked her intentions. [Its] definitely a challenge. I feel like you have to work even harder to prove that you actually care about the game, she said. People will automatically be skeptical of your intent.Any mistakes are scrutinized, and any small error would suggest to others that she wasnt meant to be there to begin with. Its almost seen as prf you dont belong there, said Lee. Someone else should have gotten it. That you got it just because youre a girl. And theres the normal stuff I get on a daily basis, where [people] sexualize me, saying I s---ed someone to get where I got. Ridiculous stuff that just goes over my head.Lee has been branching out into newer game titles, stepping away from her beloved StarCraft. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is the newest esport that has captured her enthusiasm. When DreamHack needed a host for one of their CS:GO events, they eventually asked Lee, who already had experience working with them.The way I describe my relationship with StarCraft and CS:GO is StarCraft is my first love. I will always love StarCraft, I will always love working StarCraft, she said, enthusiastically. But CS:GO is new, exciting -- I guess the new game Im dating now.Whether the game is chock-full of action or theres always a cl-lking frag, there seems to be no other word other than exciting that she can use to describe CS:GO. Being South Korean and American -- and again, being able to command both languages -- has offered Lee opportunities to carve out a space for herself in the realm of esports.Lee admitted there were instances when she very much felt more American when interacting with the South Korean players. Its still a factor when she engages players on stage. Regarding the instances when players give seemingly blasé answers, Lee said, I understand why they do it, even though the host in me is, like, Please give better answers!Though Lee is transitioning away from a purely live-translating role into a more stage-present host, the South Korean aspect of her identity isnt at all forgotten.After all, thats what propelled her into what she is now. It was just a part of who I was that helped me get involved with esports somehow, she said.She also believes luck has played a role in her career. Its always humbling to work these events and see kind of the stories behind different players and teams that you meet, she said.Its clear that Sue Smix Lee has no intention of slowing down, at least for the foreseeable future. Thats the clest thing about hosting, she said. You get this overarching view of all the players as they work their hardest to win. Working as a host provides that, like, really cl vantage point of just being able to witness that every time you work an event. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 351 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen