between home games Saturday and Wednesday.HE KNOW

in Spam Area!!! 07.10.2019 07:24
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- With the rest of her team struggling from the outside, Kelsey Mitchell tk over.Mitchell scored 31 points to lead four teammates in double figures and No. 7 Ohio State beat Cleveland State 96-78 on Wednesday night.The Buckeyes (2-1) won despite pr 3-point shting from everyone except the junior All-American guard. Early in the fourth quarter her teammates were 0 for 11 from beyond the arc while she was 7 for 13. Finally, Sierra Calhoun hit a 3-pointer as Ohio State finished 8 for 27 from 3-point range.Overall, OSU shot 51.9 percent from the flr.It never hurts to see the ball go in, Mitchell said.Ohio State responded to a 92-80 home loss to No. 4 South Carolina on Monday by picking up the tempo and using its advantage inside. OSU led in rebounds 51-32 and had 60 points in the paint compared to 24 for Cleveland State.Stephanie Mavunga, Tori McCoy, Shayla Cper and guard Kiara Lewis each had 12 points for the Buckeyes.Theyre not very big so the emphasis was to get the ball around the basket with Steph and Tori, especially, Ohio State coach Kevin McGuff said. We wanted to take advantage of that.Ashanti Abshaw scored 25 points Khayla Livingston 14 for the Vikings.I was trying to minimize possessions because we knew they could score a lot of points in a hurry, Cleveland State coach Kate Peterson Abiad said of OSU. I was not happy with our quick shots early on. We talked about that at halftime and I think we settled into our offense in the third quarter.The Buckeyes led 51-34 at the half and extended the lead to 27 through three quarters.Thats the best transition team Ive seen in years, Peterson Abiad said.The Vikings (1-1) won their opener, beating Evansville 66-62 on Saturday, and Peterson Abiad tk positives from the loss to the Buckeyes.We raised the bar for us she said. Our expectations are were going to be able to compete with the mid-major teams that well face.FIRE AWAYCleveland State tied a Value City Arena record for 3-pointers made by an opponent with 14. Virginia Commonwealth also hit 14 on Nov. 23, 2014.NEW ON THE BLOCKThe Buckeyes Lewis is settling in as a freshman and set a career high with 12 points. Kikis got a chance to be a great player here. You can see her talent, McGuff said. The two-time Illinois all-state player credits her teammates. Theyre there for me and keeping me up. The leadership on the team is a big key to me being comfortable.TIP-INSCleveland State: The Vikings played their first ranked opponent since Green Bay in the 2011-12 season and it was the first top-10 team theyve played since No. 7 Notre Dame in the 2010 NCAA Tournament. Some kids go through their entire career at the mid-major level never having played against a team of Ohio States caliber, Peterson Abiad said.Ohio State: The Buckeyes increased their record to 6-0 vs. Cleveland State. The most recent meeting was 68-54 victory on Dec 15, 2008.UP NEXTCleveland State: With two road games completed to open the season, the Vikings home opener is Saturday vs. Toledo.Ohio State: The Buckeyes play the final of a four-game homestand against Long Island University Brklyn on Saturday. Matt Adams Nationals Jersey . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. Erick Fedde Nationals Jersey .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. https://www.cheapnationals.com/1397r-trea-turner-jersey-nationals.html . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. Washington Nationals Shirts . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. Patrick Corbin Jersey . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. NEW YORK -- Russell Westbrk doesnt just do triple-doubles in games anymore.Now hes got one for the entire season.Westbrk raised his averages to 30.9 points, 11.3 assists and 10.3 rebounds through more than a month of play with his NBA-leading eighth triple-double as the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the New York Knicks 112-103 on Monday night.Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson is the only NBA player to average a triple-double for a season, so Westbrk was asked if his current pace is sustainable.Winning is sustainable, he said. Thats all I know, man, and my job is to make sure we go out and find the best way to win games and right now weve won three straight and thats the most important part for me.Westbrk had his third straight triple-double and the 45th of his career and nearly did it by halftime, finishing with 27 points, 18 rebounds and 14 assists. He had 14 points, 10 boards and nine assists at the break.He is going to put up numbers because of his ability and just how hard he plays and his gifts, but hes doing a lot of other things that the stat sheet doesnt measure, Thunder coach Billy Donovan said. I know everybody is focused on that right now and rightfully so. Its historic what hes doing. But hes really a complete point guard all the way around.Enes Kanter added a season-high 27 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, while Steven Adams had 14 points and 10 boards as the Thunder outrebounded the Knicks 53-40.We got manhandled. Thats tough, Knicks center Joakim Noah said. Russ definitely puts a lot of pressure on the bigs when hes going downhill like that. At the end of the day its always tough knowing that we lost the game on the glass.Derrick Rose scored a season-best 30 points, but the Knicks had their six-game home winning streak snapped. Kristaps Porzingis added 21 points and Carmelo Anthony had 18, but shot just 4 for 19.Westbrk fell just shy of his third straight 15-assist game, but had his highest rebound total of the season -- and one off his career best -- to keep the Thunder rolling after a recent three-game skid.The Knicks led by 11 in the first quarter and things were coming easily, but the Thunder began to grab control with Wesstbrks hustle and Kanters muscle, getting numerous baskets inside to turn around the game.ddddddddddddIt happened so quickly that Westbrk nearly had the stat sheet stuffed before the break.Joffrey Lauvergne missed a 3-pointer that wouldve given Westbrk a 10th assist with 32 seconds left in the half, but the point guard who was MVP of the All-Star Game on this flr two years ago had a shot at the halftime triple-double after grabbing his 10th rebound on the defensive end with a little more than 20 seconds left. He brought the ball up and tried to create, but turned it over on a pass with about 5 seconds to go.TIP-INSThunder: They are 11-5 against the Knicks since moving to Oklahoma City in 2008. ... Donovan grew up in New York and played one season for the Knicks in 1987-88.Knicks: Coach Jeff Hornacek said reserve F Lance Thomas, who hasnt played since Nov. 12 because of a left ankle injury, has been working on the exercise bike and shting and could be back at practice sn, though there is no timetable for his return to games.STRANGE SCHEDULEThe Thunder are in the midst of a five-game stretch in which they wont play consecutive games in the same time zone. They came to New York for essentially a one-game road trip in between home games Saturday and Wednesday.HE KNOWS NOAHNoah hasnt made a huge impact yet in his first season with the Knicks, but his college coach thinks he will. Donovan, who coached Florida to back-to-back national championships when Noah played there, said the center has incredible heart and praised him as a team leader who cares only about winning.Hes going to put his work in, but hes one of those guys in my opinion thats just truly all about sacrifice, team and winning, Donovan said. So I think hell bring that to the Knicks throughout the entire season.UP NEXTThunder: Host Washington on Wednesday, their first game against former Oklahoma City coach Scott Brks.Knicks: Visit Minnesota on Wednesday to start another home-and-home set, with the return game at Madison Square Garden on Friday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 107 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen