campus sex assault allegations.T

in Bewerbung 06.10.2019 10:12
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Sam Allardyce is confident he will keep his head as the fight for Premier League survival comes to a climax - thanks to transcendental meditation. The 61-year-old Sunderland manager is renowned for believing in the benefits of sports science and has revealed he in part attributes his longevity in ftball to regularly using meditation.Allardyce, who is attempting to steer Sunderland out of relegation trouble with just three games remaining, said: I do transcendental meditation and I have done for 12, 14 years now. Its very relaxing, very calming and you can do it anywhere. Sam Allardyce has accused Tottenham of not being able to cope with the pressure It helps you cope with the pressure you come under in this job. When it was brought for the players by us at Bolton in about 2003-04, I was always one of those guys that says, Try it yourself.You have a better understanding then if you try it yourself and if the players talk about it and say, Well, thats a load of rubbish, you can say, Well, actually, I use it and I dont find it to be like that, so you must be a bit of a non-believer. Sam Allardyce believes Chelsea is a massive challenge for Sunderland and hopes the fans will be the twelve man But I read the science on transcendental meditation and if you read the science, it gives you a better insight into how it helps you reduce your bld pressure and keeps you calmer and how easy it is to carry out.Fifteen minutes, half an hour - you dont have to be going into a quiet rm with music on or anything like that, you can be anywhere at any time finding a relatively quiet place and do 15, 20, 25 minutes and it refreshes you and makesyou feel gd to push on.But it has helped me cope with the pressure of management. Thats why I am still doing it today, probably. Pick your team Aguero? Ozil? De Bruyne? Pick your Fantasy Six-a-Side team for the chance to win £10,000 Allardyce is wary of sharing his knowledge with any of his colleagues, saying with a smile: I dont talk to them about it, actually, because if it helps them, it might make them better when they play against me, so why should I help them?The former West Ham boss knows Sunderland have to help themselves this weekend if they are to emerge from Chelseas visit to the Stadium of Light with a positive result after they slipped back into the drop zone last weekend. However, he is aware that will not be easy despite the Blues struggles this season. Allardyce would be reluctant to share his knowledge with other managers Allardyce said: Its the biggest surprise - apart from Leicester winning the league. Its the biggest surprise that Chelsea faltered, particularly in the early part of the season, as much as they did.Leicester have continued what they were doing and Chelsea have pulled away from down at the bottom now, but its been a very pr season by their standards. Also See: Allardyce: We cant do a Spurs Mersons predictions Sunderland v Chelsea Sunderland video Rangers Jerseys 2019 . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. Texas Rangers Pro Shop . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. https://www.cheaprangersbaseball.com/ . They had already blown a double-digit lead, fans were hitting the exits, and a long seven-game road trip waited at the end. Texas Rangers Store . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. Rangers Jerseys 2020 . The next step is a better finish. Bae played bogey-free Friday on another gorgeous day at Riviera for a 5-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead over Aaron Baddeley and Robert Garrigus going into the weekend. AUSTIN, Texas -- The sexual assault scandal that tk down Baylor Universitys president and revered ftball coach also found a problem with a bedrock of the schls faith-based education: a student conduct code banning alcohol, drugs and premarital sex that may have driven some victims into silence.Investigators with the Pepper Hamilton law firm who dug into Baylors response to sexual assault claims determined the schls rigid approach to drugs, alcohol and sex and perceived judgmental responses to victims who reported being raped created barriers to reporting assaults. Some women faced the prospect of their family being notified.A number of victims were told that if they made a report of rape, their parents would be informed of the details of where they were and what they were doing, said Chad Dunn, a Houston attorney who represents six women who have sued Baylor under the anonymous identification of Jane Doe.The nations largest Baptist university is a notably conservative place in one of the most conservative states in the country. Dancing on campus was banned until 1996. Fornication, adultery and homosexual acts were included in an official list of misconduct until May 2015, and the current policy stresses that physical sexual intimacy is to be expressed in the context of marital fidelity.Students can still be expelled for using drugs or alcohol, though late last year it included amnesty for minor offenses. Pepper Hamilton investigators urged the schl to expand amnesty to sexual conduct code violations; the federal government told all U.S. universities in 2011 that conduct policies may have a chilling effect on reporting sexual assault.Amnesty is a no-brainer, said Shan Wu, a former federal sex crimes prosecutor who is now a criminal defense attorney specializing in student legal issues. Unfortunately, these codes force students to engage in life-or-death calculations, added Wu, who isnt involved in the Baylor case.Baylor officials say they are already making changes. Interim President David Garland, who tk over in late May for ousted president and chancellor Ken Starr, said the university considered all of the firms recommendations as mandates.Expectations for our students are outlined in university conduct policies and are a reflection of our faith-based mission, schl spokeswoman Tonya Lewis said, noting that the amnesty provisions for drug and alcohol use should assure sexual assault victims that Baylor will focus on their allegations. Baylor has repeatedly declined to comment specific cases.Student safety and support for survivors of all types of interrpersonal violence are paramount to the mission of Baylor University, Lewis said.dddddddddddd.But such offers of amnesty are t late for women who previously reported assaults and told Pepper Hamilton investigators about hurdles they faced in dealing with Baylor officials. Eight former Baylor students have brought three federal lawsuits against the schl, outlining rape allegations as far back as 2005 that they say were either ignored or discouraged from reporting.Dunn would not allow his clients to be interviewed by the AP to protect their identity, but relayed questions to them.Two women said they were pushed to accept alcohol conduct violations when they reported their assaults, or feared sexual conduct violations if they did.One woman said her case began when she called police to report a physical assault on another woman at an off-campus party. Police demanded to know if she was underage and had been drinking, then arrested and reported her to the schl office that investigates conduct code violations, she said. She told Baylor officials her drinking was a result of being raped a month earlier and detailed what happened in person and in a letter.She received an alcohol code violation and told to do 25 hours community service, and when she tried to appeal, the woman said Baylor officials urged her to drop it. The schl never pursued her rape claim.I was told by many Baylor staff that they couldnt do anything for me because my assault was off campus, yet they had no problem punishing me for my off-campus drinking, the woman said. Schls are bound by federal law to investigate on- and off-campus sex assault allegations.The threat of a sexual conduct violation was a common issue that Baylor did nothing to dispel, another woman said.Even when the code of conduct wasnt an overt issue, some women who reported sexual assault said they were grilled about their behavior.Stefanie Mundhenk, a former Baylor student who The Associated Press is identifying because she has publicly blogged about Baylors investigation into her 2015 rape allegations, told the AP that she was never threatened by conduct code violations but was repeatedly questioned about her sexual history.I was alarmed, said Mundhenk, who is not among those suing Baylor. It was biased and it was unfair. They were trying to gauge if I was a lse woman. They were lking to attack my reputation.---This story has been updated to correct the spelling of Stefanie Mundhenks first name. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 163 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen