pleted in time. The $56 million faci

in Bewerbung 01.10.2019 14:21
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

For the second straight year, Serena Williams has withdrawn from the season-ending WTA Finals in Singapore, citing the right shoulder injury that plagued her during the Rio Olympics and US Open.Im really bummed I wont be able to compete this year in Singapore. It has been a tough year for me, dealing with so much shoulder injuries, Williams said in a video announcement posted to the WTAs Twitter account.My doctors insist that I stay at home so I can start to heal. Im doing treatments every single day so I can play next year and have the chance to make it back to Singapore. I only have wonderful memories of playing in Singapore, and I will really miss my fans. I want to wish everyone a great time, and I hope it will be an amazing tournament -- it always is.Williams, 35, won her Open era-record-tying 22nd Grand Slam singles title at Wimbledon, and she reached the finals of the Australian Open and French Open before falling to Karolina Pliskova?in the US Open semifinals. That early September defeat resulted in her ceding the No. 1 ranking to Angelique Kerber after a 3?-year stay at the top, and Williams hasnt played since.She played in only eight tournaments in 2016, winning two of them, including Wimbledon.?With Williams withdrawing, Kerber is assured of finishing the year ranked No. 1.The WTA Finals are set for Oct. 23-30 at the Singapore Indr stadium, and the final spot in the year-end tournament will be decided at the Kremlin Cup in Moscow.Svetlana Kuznetsova?and Carla Suarez Navarro can guarantee a place in the WTA Finals by winning the event. However, if neither win, the final spot stays with Britains Johanna Konta, who isnt playing this week as she tries to shake off an abdominal strain.The Associated Press contributed to this report.?Fake College Basketball Jerseys . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. Cyber Monday College Jerseys . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. https://www.fakecollegejerseys.com/ . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. College Jerseys China .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brklyn. College Jerseys Black Friday . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance.RIO DE JANEIRO -- The first time Chloe Dygert stepped aboard the track bike she will be using along with her womens pursuit teammates, she completely missed what caught everybody elses attention.The drive train is on the left side.Yes, just about every bike youve ever seen has the crank on the right, from the high-tech bikes in the Olympic road race to the inexpensive bikes in sporting-gds stores to the itsy-bitsy bikes with training wheels for toddlers just learning to ride.Then it hit me, Dygert said, like, `Oh, yeah! Thats different.USA Cycling, bike manufacturer Felt and several component partners spent more than two years and hundreds of thousands of dollars -- if not millions -- to build the cutting-edge track bike.High-performance coach Neal Henderson said it should save more than 3 seconds off their U.S. squads pursuit time. And that is an eternity considering the women posted a world record of 4 minutes, 16.18 seconds at the world championships in March on their old bikes.Silver medalist Canada and bronze medalist New Zealand were 4 seconds off their pace.We zigged when others zagged, Henderson said with a smile.The drive train is only part of the equation. The bike also takes into consideration specific aerodynamics of a velodrome for the first time, resulting in an asymmetrical stance to account for yaw, specially shaped tubes and high-end carbon that produces a feather-light ride.Its a leap. I wouldnt say its Fosbury Flop-level, Henderson said, referring to Dick Fosburys revolutionary high jump technique, but its an advance.One that could advance the Americans to the top step of the podium.Their pursuit squad that will begin chasing gold Thursday won silver at the London Games, albeit with a significantly different lineup. Sarah Hammer is the only rider back and is joined by a bunch of 19- and 20-somethings in Dygert, Kelly Catlin, Jennifer Valente and Ruth Winder.I didnt take it for granted when I was asked to be on this team, Dygert said.They will be pushed by reigning gold medalist Britain, a powerful team from Canada and a banged-up Australian squad that fell heavily in training Tuesday but is still planning to ccompete.ddddddddddddBut the first order of business is qualifying. The finals do not take place until Saturday.The only medal up for grabs on the opening day of the track program is mens team sprint, where Britain will try to begin a similar gold rush to their one at the London Games.Jason Kenny teamed with Chris Hoy and Philip Hindes to win the team sprint four years ago, and the home nation went on to win seven gold medals during the track program. The powerful showing came after a similarly dominant effort at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.The British team pursuit squad will also be in the velodrome Thursday to begin chasing another gold medal. And some star power returned to the squad in former Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins, who won the London Games time trial before largely retiring from the road.He is back to his rts on the track, where he won the individual pursuit at the 2004 Athens Games and the Beijing Games, and was part of the team pursuit squad that won gold the same year.Wiggins can break a tie with Hoy and become Britains most decorated Olympian with a medal.Ive gone through this process to try to win a gold medal, really, and anything less than a gold would be a huge disappointment, Wiggins said. Something would have to go seriously wrong.Mark Cavendish and the rest of the British team hit the track later in the program.One of the big questions surrounding the Rio Games was whether the velodrome would be completed in time. The $56 million facility missed several deadlines and went through several contractors, and delays forced the cancellation of a test event scheduled for March.It received mixed reviews from riders who began training there this week.Its a hard track to try and go for the record on just because of the shape, Australian rider Sam Welsford said. Its got longer straights and shorter bends. The venue is incredible, there is still a lot going on -- you see cables laying around all over the place, but all that matters is the track is ready and race day we are ready to go. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 226 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen