was an act of vandalism in which a door window was broken.Whitlocks 10-game ban was for the same substance that cost him four ga

in Bewerbung 30.09.2019 10:55
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said hes not worried about the long-term effects of repeated hits to his head.However, his father has concerns.The leagues MVP tk four helmet-to-helmet shots in Carolinas 21-20 loss to the Denver Broncos, although only one of the hits drew a flag and none resulted in any penalty yardage.Despite the well-publicized effects of repeated concussions to NFL players, Newton said Wednesday his focus is solely on winning ftball games .Thats it, winning, Newton said Wednesday when asked about his long-term health. ... Im not here to worry about retirement plans. Im not here to worry about pensions. Im not here to worry about workers (compensation). Im here to win ftball games, simple and plain.The All-Pro quarterback added, this is a contact sport. This is a physical sport. I play the game for the right reasons. Whatever coach asks me to do Im going to do it to win ftball games.Newtons father, Cecil Newton, told The Associated Press that his 27-year-old son is t young to fully comprehend what multiple hits to the head can do over a long period of time. He wants to see his son protected more on the field by NFL game officials.Cam is in that superhuman mindset right now, Cecil Newton said. ... He will understand player safety far more critically 20 years from now.Cecil also believes hitting his son has become a badge of honor for some defenders.I think some players feel like they have arrived when they hit Cam, Cecil Newton said. Going out of your way, playing dirty and pushing the legal stuff to the limit, I question what your intentions are.Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall was fined $24,309 and safety Darian Stewart $18,231 for helmet-to-helmet hits Newton, a person told The Associated Press, speaking on condition of anonymity Wednesday because the NFL hasnt announced the fines. Neither player was suspended, the source said.Newton had no reaction to the fines, saying theres no need to lk back.He said he doesnt feel the need to lobby for his health, even as his teammates and coaches have done that for him.Among those was his Pro Bowl tight end Greg Olsen, who said game officials treat Newton like hes running back instead of a quarterback just because of his size. Newton is 6-ft-5 and 245 pounds and has run for more touchdowns than any quarterback in NFL history.I dont think you can talk about player safety and then have what unfolded, Olsen said of the NFL. You cant talk out of both sides of your mouth. Player safety sounds great. Its a great offseason rallying crying. It sounds awesome. But we got zero yards out of any of those hits.Said left tackle Michael Oher: Well I wish some calls could have gotten made in the game. But maybe in the future he will be treated more like a quarterback.Newton returned to practice on Wednesday, Carolinas first since losing the Super Bowl rematch to the Broncos when Graham Ganos 50-yard field goal sailed wide left in the games final seconds.Newton wore his typical long black sweatpants, long-sleeve black shirt and a red No. 1 practice jersey on the field and lined up with the first-team offense.He said hes ready to play in Carolinas home opener Sunday against the 49ers, who are coming off a 28-0 shutout win over the Los Angeles Rams.When asked how he feels, Newton replied, Unbelievable.I dont think there is a game that goes by that any NFL player doesnt feel sore, Newton said. Its a contact sport and we have to plan accordingly to get back to 100 percent.The league and the NFL Players Association are investigating the hit from Stewart that occurred with 36 remaining in the loss to the Broncos.Newton was slow to get up from the hit but remained in the game.The quarterback said the teams training staff handled the situation appropriately.Coach Ron Rivera said that Newton has passed all of the concussion tests the teams medical staff has administered since he tk the shots to the head.I was asked on the sideline about awareness and my ability to keep going from the referee, as well as the training staff, Newton said. There is no doubt that everything will work out in itself. There is no question that I tk a couple of hits to the head but I dont think I showed any signs of being concussed. It was no wziness and guys kind of stumbled and I see where it affects their play afterward. ... I understand I was kind of hurt, but that comes with ftball and it being a contact sport.---AP Pro Ftball Writer Arnie Stapleton in Denver contributed to this report.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFLCheap Hockey Jerseys Authentic . - Levi Browns tenure at left tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers is over before it even began. Cheap Hockey Jerseys China . - The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive lineman Khalif Barnes on Friday. https://www.fakehockeyjerseys.com/ . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. Wholesale Hockey Jerseys . The defence is doing its part, t. Drew Brees threw a pair of touchdown passes in the first half and the guys on the other side made sure that was enough, sending the Saints to a 17-13 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night. Hockey Jerseys Black Friday . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said.New York Giants fullback Nikita Whitlock?said burglars scrawled racist graffiti that included a swastika, the letters KKK and the phrase Go back to Africa when they broke into his New Jersey home on Tuesday night.Whitlock told?WCBS-TV in New York on Wednesday that jewelry and video-game systems were taken, and that it was the second break-in at his familys apartment since late November.The Mnachie Police Department is investigating Tuesdays incident.It just re-establishes that no matter where you are, no matter who you are, this can happen to you, said Whitlock, who is serving a 10-game suspension for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances.Whitlock, 25, told WCBS-TV that he and his wife and their two young children were out for a few hours when the most recent burglary tk place. Whitlock said the intruders gained access through a small window of their Bergen County residence.Its very disgusting, actually. Its very disheartening, Whitlocks wife, Ashley, said. You hear about things like this that do happen, but you never think, Oh, this is going to happen to me.Its about to be 2017, Nikita Whitlock said.dddddddddddd Oppression, racism, hatred, violence, theres no need for that.A representative for Whitlock told ESPNs Josina Anderson that the players previous residence was also burglarized.Sgt. Richard Behrens told ESPN that the first incident at Whitlocks current residence, which occurred over the Thanksgiving holiday, was an act of vandalism in which a dr window was broken.Whitlocks 10-game ban was for the same substance that cost him four games in 2014, according to an ESPN source. The second suspension will cost him $204,705 in salary.Whitlock, a second-year player out of Wake Forest, was already on season-ending injured reserve with a ft injury.Whitlock was the Giants fullback and a key special-teams contributor last season. He also played some as a pass-rushing defensive tackle. Whitlock started five games, had a sack and finished with four special-teams tackles.Information from ESPNs?Jordan Raanan was used in this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 516 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen