tackle Aaron Donalds sack and strip of Brees that set up

in TeeLeague 30.09.2019 10:28
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- Just in case it wasnt already clear that David Ortiz is having the best farewell season in baseball history, the 40-year-old Boston Red Sox slugger applied a statistical exclamation mark Tuesday night.Ortiz belted his 36th home run of the season, a three-run shot in the seventh inning against Baltimore Orioles starter Kevin Gausman. It gave the division-leading Red Sox a four-run lead en route to a 5-2 victory, their sixth consecutive win.But Ortiz also passed Dave Kingman for the most homers ever by a major league player in his final season. At age 37, Kingman hit 35 homers for the Oakland Athletics in 1986.Ill have to hit a couple of more so nobody can reach me, Ortiz said, laughing. Its just a number, man. Im just trying to help this ballclub. I dont really care about personal numbers. I care about winning.His three RBIs gave him 121 on the season, putting him three shy of passing Shoeless Joe Jackson for the most in a players final season since the RBI became an official stat in 1920.Ortiz used his homer against Gausman as an illustration of how he has matured as a hitter over the years. He noted that Gausman throws a gd splitter to offset his high-90s fastball. But because the Orioles right-hander was throwing particularly hard, Ortiz said he decided to lay off the splitter and sit on the heater.I told myself, well, I have to sht for either fastball or splitter, but I know hes throwing his best fastball right now, Ortiz said. Sometimes we get caught in trouble when we have that doubt about the things we want to do. Im not saying experience is 100 percent what youre lking for, but it gives you a balance of gd things that youre going to decide to do.Before the game, Ortiz spoke to reporters on the occasion of his final series in Baltimore. And just as he has everywhere else he has been during his last hurrah, he was asked if theres any chance he might change his mind and return in 2017.The answer, once again, was a resounding no.You know, its just my body, man, said Ortiz, who has played through pain in his feet and ankles since he injured his Achilles in 2012. I wish I could continue playing, but it takes a lot out of me. Ive been dealing with it for the past four years. Every year gets worse. Ive got to put a lot of effort and lot of work to perform at my highest level. At some point, it wears you out.Ortiz laughed at the suggestion that he likely could continue to put up big numbers for another 10 years.I dont think anybody hits until theyre 50. Maybe Julio Franco, Ortiz said. Yeah, man, I got a little crazy, but Ive played in a lot of pain. It is what it is, man. I love this game. Its been my everything. But [its] not forever. tballjerseys.com/" target="_blank">Cheap Ftball Jerseys . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. tballjerseys.com/" target="_blank">Fake Ftball Jerseys For Sale . 10 Texas A&Ms offence dominated as usual against SMU. tballjerseys.com/" target="_blank">https://www.fakeftballjerseys.com/ .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. tballjerseys.com/" target="_blank">Ftball Jerseys China .R. Smith realized how easily basketball can be taken from him, and he wasnt going to take his place in the NBA for granted anymore. tballjerseys.com/" target="_blank">Fake Ftball Jerseys .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. NEW ORLEANS -- Drew Brees passed for 310 yards and four touchdowns, Mark Ingram scored twice, and the New Orleans Saints defeated the Los Angeles Rams, 49-21 on Sunday.Playing 10 days after being knocked unconscious in a Thursday night loss at Carolina, Ingram rushed for 146 yards on 14 carries, including a 61-yard scamper and a 10-yard touchdown on a fourth-and-1 play. He also scored on a 21-yard screen to the right side of the field, which was wide open as the Rams tried to pressure Brees.Two of Brees scoring strikes went to Michael Thomas, whose touchdowns of 6 and 21 yards were part of a nine-catch, 108-yard performance. Brees other touchdowns went to Ingram and Brandon Coleman from 6 yards out.Saints coach Sean Payton also victimized his former defensive crdinator, Gregg Williams, with some razzle-dazzle that produced a 50-yard touchdown pass from receiver Willie Snead to running back Tim Hightower.The victory snapped a two-game skid for the Saints (5-6), who are trying to maintain hopes of a playoff push.Jared Goff, the NFLs top overall draft pick last spring, completed 20 of 32 passes for 214 yards and three touchdowns for the Rams (4-7), whove lost six of their last seven. Goff had his share of brilliant throws in his first road start, but also was intercepted by safety Kenny Vaccaro and lost a fumble.GOING FOR ITAfter falling behind 14-7, the Saints surged in front on consecutive fourth-down touchdowns less than two minutes apart. In both situations, the Saints were stuffed on third-and-1.Ingram scored the first of those touchdowns when he tk a pitch to the left side and then wrong-fted pursuers with a sharp cut back toward the middle for his 10-yard score.New Orleans quickly got the ball back when rkie defense tackle Sheldon Rankins sacked and stripped Goff and end Paul Kruger recovered on the L.ddddddddddddA. 10. Four plays later, Brees dove over his linemen and extended the ball across the goal line to make it 21-14. It also marked the first time this season any NFL team scored two fourth-down TDs in the same game.WILLIAMS RETURNRams defensive crdinator Gregg Williams wont fondly remember his first game in the Superdome since he was fired by New Orleans coach Sean Payton after the 2011 and both coaches were subsequently suspended for the 2012 season as a result of the NFLs bounty probe.The Saints scored more points than in any game this season (previous high was 41) and piled up 555 yards of offense. The highlight for Williams unit came early on tackle Aaron Donalds sack and strip of Brees that set up the Rams second TD.PASSING MILESTONEBrees became one of three players with 30 touchdowns in nine different seasons, joining Brett Favre and Peyton Manning. Brees has done it nine seasons in a row.INJURIESDuring the second quarter, the Rams announced that offensive guard Rodger Saffold had a hand injury. In the second half, the Rams announced cornerback E.J. Gaines had a chest injury. In the third quarter, Saints left tackle briefly required attention by trainers before walking to the sideline. He did not return.UP NEXTIt doesnt get any easier for the Rams, who visit New England next Sunday. The Saints are back in the Superdome on Sunday against Detroit.---For more NFL coverage: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 72 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen