unlucky fence down in the second round, howe

in TeeLeague 30.09.2019 10:27
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- The game ended less than an hour ago and Ive already made my way back through the smiling, singing crowds around Wrigley Field. From my hotel rm on the 18th flr, I can hear the dull thump of celebratory music from somewhere down below, and as sn as I finish writing this column, Im headed back out into the madness. Chicago feels like a South American capital after a big World Cup win. Right now, I can hear a driver laying on his horn.Its a great night to be alive, whether youre a player on a baseball team going back to Cleveland, or a person who believes deeply in what that teams success might mean to them and their family. Of course, it felt that way even before the sun went down and the stadium filled up, the potential end of a magical season layering the party atmosphere in the streets with a sense of dread and stress. The drum machine patter and synth riffs of In the Air Tonight floated out into Waveland Avenue as I passed through the gates into the Wrigley Field bleachers.Writing this, I just put that song on repeat, and a few images returned immediately. The man singing Frank Sinatra as he checked IDs and handed out the over-21 pink wristbands. My kind of town, Chicago. The smiles of people clutching World Series tickets, which evoke long buried nostalgia in a way that a Super Bowl ticket never does. The neon green of the sweet relish on the hot dog -- the green of a muscle car paint job -- and the strip of yellow mustard, and how the father and son sitting to my left both ate theirs that way. Ketchup is for communists and Cardinals fans. The strange and beautiful halogen glow hanging over the field, from the six banks of fldlights perched atop the grandstands. Years from now, long after I forget the score, or who played well and who played prly, I will remember how the lights lked. And years from now, after the laughter and sense of community forged during three and a half long hours in the bleachers have faded away, I will remember the tension of the last three outs.Mark and Dustin Columbatto sat next to me, freaking out. Mark is 60 and wore a Billy Williams jersey. Dustin is 28 and wore a Alfonso Soriano jersey. They hugged when Chapman headed back out to the mound for the ninth.One more inning, Mark said. Its what we came here for.The bleachers had been lse and fun the whole night, cracking on the opposing pitchers, people being careful not to crowd their neighbors. But during the commercial break before the ninth inning began, that easy vibe evaporated. The stadium speakers played Eminems Lose Yourself and many of the people around me sang along, making the hair stand up on each others arms. It was 3-2, with one half inning to go. The bleachers rapping got louder -- This opportunity comes once in a lifetime -- and the air didnt feel as cold anymore.The man behind me kept score carefully, and the man in front of me checked his Twitter. They felt like nervous tics. The guy whod been cracking jokes all night didnt have any more jokes. People got quiet, with lots of crossed arms.I have hope, Mark said, even if they lose. Theyll be back.Chapman got two outs on nine pitches, a ground ball and a fly ball to right field.Dustin held up his index finger.One more, he said.Mark and Dustin held onto each other, hoping, waiting. Trying to describe how the ballpark felt in those long minutes seems a little gfy now, because everything I type feels overcked on the page and yet somehow still doesnt properly convey just how f----- nervous everyone got. People packed in close together, someone saying a Hail Mary, another just growling. Mark texted his wife. Dustin lked out at the field with hope. On this night, his faith was rewarded with one final out, a dramatic swinging strikeout that shk the stadium.The first chord of Go Cubs Go rang out, and people smiled and floated down the ramps into the street. Wrigley Field emptied for the final time this year, with the ivy on the walls just a few days from changing, and sn the stadium will slip into hibernation, waiting until spring to either welcome home the world champions, so many ghosts finally at rest, or to start the long grinding wait for another night like tonight. Maybe it will come sn, next October, or maybe Dustin will be an old man the next time he sits in the bleachers for a World Series game, explaining to his son how, a long time ago, he and his father believed. Vapormax Herren Günstig Kaufen . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. Air Max 97 Kaufen Schweiz . A lawyer for MLB, Matthew Menchel, confirmed Wednesday the league dropped its case against Biogenesis of America, its owner Anthony Bosch and several other individuals. The lawsuit had accused Biogenesis and Bosch of conspiring with players to violate their contracts by providing them with banned performance-enhancing substances. http://www.vapormaxkaufenschweiz.com/ . -- Ryan Getzlaf grabbed the three pucks wrapped in tape and held them up to his chest in the Anaheim Ducks dressing rm for a celebration nine seasons in the making. Vapormax Plus Damen Schweiz . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. Air Max 97 Schweiz . Aaron Harrison scored a 22 points for Kentucky (6-1), which has won four in a row following a Nov. 12 loss to current No. 1 Michigan State. Julius Randle overcame a scoreless first half and added his sixth double-double in as many games with 14 points and 10 rebounds.Global Champions League blasted off in 2016 in Miami Beach with a victory for the dynamic duo of John Whitaker (GBR) and Bertram Allen (IRL) in team Valkenswaard United. It was the launch of a new competition format as some of the worlds top riders became team-mates for the first time. Whitaker of Valkenswaard United put in a strong round ahead of his team-mate Allen to jump double clear with his talented horse, the 12 year old gelding Lord of Arabia. Allen and Quiet Easy 4 had an unlucky fence down in the second round, however with their typically quick pace they were able to cross the line in 52.72s, meaning the commbined time would be 113.dddddddddddd.15s.Antwerp Diamonds had Harrie Smolders (NED) and grey gelding Bokai as a solid anchor, jumping a double clear - however the four faults carried over from round one meant they had to watch from the sideline with a combined time of 118.59s, knowing that Miami Glory could beat them to second place.Whitaker said: This was a great win. I think our strategy paid off a little bit. It was nail-biting right down to the second last fence - it was still wide open and so was high tension! Its been great to be a part of it and like everybody says, its easy to follow and it was tension right to the last fence. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 14 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen