a.k.a Aron Rex] and Cody Rhodes. Im ju

in Mitglieder 28.09.2019 05:14
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS -- Everything went right for Canadian Andrew Albers when he started his major league career with the Minnesota Twins by not allowing a run in his first two starts. The breaks went the other way in his third outing. Minnesota misplayed two fly balls by losing them in the sky and Albers scoreless streak to start his career was snapped at 17 1-3 innings as the Chicago White Sox beat the Twins 8-5 Saturday. Dayan Viciedo hit a three-run homer off the North Battleford, Sask., native and Alejandro De Aza added a two-run shot in the ninth after the Twins had climbed back within a run. "I was able to catch the breaks those first two nights, and tonight didnt quite catch as many," Albers said. "Things change, and then you make one bad pitch, and you pay for it. Its a fine line in this game, and sometimes, thats how things go." Chris Sale (9-11) won his third straight start for the White Sox, giving up three runs and nine hits in seven innings with eight strikeouts and Addison Reed earned his career-high 30th save in 35 chances. Albers (2-1) was dazzling in his first two starts, making use of a mid-80s fastball, changeup and slow curve to get ahead of hitters. But he struggled to get strike one against Chicago early Saturday and allowed five runs and eight hits in seven innings. Chicago snapped Albers scoreless streak -- a record for a Twins starter to begin a career -- with a run in the first after Alexei Ramirezs fly ball to centre field was lost in the sun. De Aza, who opened with a single, went to third on the play and scored on Paul Konerkos RBI groundout. "The sky played a little havoc with us today and cost us a couple of runs, and there you have it," Minnesota manager Ron Gardenhire said. Albers had two outs in the fourth before allowing four straight runners to reach base, concluding with Viciedos homer to left. But he retired nine of the last 10 batters he faced to reach the seventh inning for the third time in three starts. "The streak was great while it was going on," Albers said. "It was awesome to have those two nights. Theyre pretty special, and who knows if that will ever happen again. You see today how quickly things can change, and its one of those things where youve got to get some breaks for it to happen like that." Adam Dunn had three hits for the White Sox after left fielder Josh Willingham lost another high pop-up in the eighth, giving Chicago a 6-3 lead. "Just didnt see it," Willingham said. "Some unfortunate stuff," Gardenhire said. "What are you going to do? You lose the ball. You cant see it, its hard to catch. Thats the way it is this time of night and both teams have to deal with it, and we end up losing." Ryan Doumit hit a two-run homer in the Twins eighth off Nate Jones. Minnesota homered for the 10th straight game, its longest streak since 11 consecutive in August 2007. Joe Mauer doubled and drove in two runs for the Twins, who lost for the fourth time in five games. Willingham, Brian Dozier and Pedro Florimon all finished with two hits and scored a run. Florimon had just one hit in his previous 26 at-bats. NOTES: Twins 1B Justin Morneau pinch-hit in the ninth, but didnt start for the first time since July 11 with Sale on the mound. ... Minnesota agreed to terms with INF Brad Boyer of the St. Paul Saints independent league team on Saturday. Boyer, 29, is hitting .337 with seven home runs and 50 RBIs in 78 games. The former draft pick of the Seattle Mariners (2005, 14th round) and San Francisco Giants (2006, 13th round) will report to Double-A New Britain. The Twins have had success with independent league signees, including Albers, LHP Caleb Thielbar also from the Saints and recently demoted Chris Colabello. ... Hector Santiago (3-7, 3.37 ERA) will try to win for the first time since June 21 as he takes the mound for the White Sox on Sunday. The lefty is 0-2 in his last nine starts. The Twins will counter with Samuel Deduno (7-6, 3.54 ERA). Clearance Nike Air Max 97 . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. Cheap Nike Air Max 97 . Down by seven with 90 seconds left in regulation, thats where they lked comfortable. https://www.fakeairmax97wholesale.com/ . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. Nike Air Max 97 China . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. Wholesale Nike Air Max 97 . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Even with his WWE career behind him and a new opportunity in mixed martial arts in his future, Alberto Rodriguez expects to continue his pro wrestling career on a part-time basis until 2018, when he plans to retire.Best known as?Alberto Del Rio?during two stints with the WWE (and on the independent circuit as Alberto El Patron), Rodriguez told ESPN.com that he has adopted a new persona, Alberto El Presidente, to coincide with Tuesdays?announcement of his hiring as president of the Hispanic-aimed MMA promotion Combate Americas.Rodriguez, 39, came to a mutual agreement for his release from the WWE on Sept. 9, less than one month after he was suspended 30 days for an undisclosed talent wellness policy violation. That brought an end to his second stint with the company, which began in October 2015. He originally competed in WWE from 2010 to 2014, before he was fired following a backstage confrontation.The four-time WWE world champion said he has no regrets about the way his final year played out. You cant force a company to use you the way you think that you are supposed to be used, he said. Although he admits WWE ultimately broke promises to him regarding his characters push, hes excited about moving on to bigger and better things.At the end of the day, you have to go to that company to make a big name for yourself, Rodriguez said. I am always going to be grateful with those guys for giving me a name, for putting me out there so I can show my talent to the world. But I am also not happy with what they were doing with me and what they were not doing with me at the end of my days with that company.Lucky for me, I have the opportunity to change it. It was my decision. I chose to be in bed with WWE. Its just that I decided not to stay there anymore because I was unhappy with the situation.Rodriguez, who said WWE did everything in its power to keep him, tk stock of his standing within the company and realized he wasnt willing to stay one more year. He admits that hes fortunate enough to have the means and flexibility to make that kind of decision in a spot where others arent quite so lucky.Unfortunately, there are a lot of people in that company who have no other option, Rodriguez said. They have to stay there because either they have no place to go or [WWE] doesnt let them go. I want to be free and enjoy my life. I want to enjoy my family, my kids, my relationship with my girlfriend. I just want to be happy, so Im not staying here.Rodriguez is currently in a relationship with WWE superstar?Paige, who on Monday was suspended 60 days for her second wellness policy violation. He?joined her in disputing the violation on social media. He wouldnt go as far as to agree with rumors that WWE is trying to break them apart, though.To be honest, I dont care what they say or what they try to do, Rodriguez said. We are togethher, and we are happy.dddddddddddd I know a lot of people are not happy, but regardless of whatever people say, we can be happy. We can be together. And we are going to stay together because we are happy.Rodriguez was a no-show for his first post-WWE appearance Oct. 2, when he was set to perform at a major show for Mexican promotion AAA in Monterrey. The following day, he reported in a pair of Instagram posts?that he missed his flight from San Antonio because of injuries he suffered after fighting off an attacker on the street. He?posted pictures of his knife wounds.Conflicting internet reports followed and seemed to contradict his story. Asked to clarify, Rodriguez said he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and left it at that. He said he is working hard to put it behind him.A lot of people are asking me about it, Rodriguez said. My family was really concerned about this situation because unfortunately they have seen so much stuff out there, especially from the internet, and they dont know whats real and what is not. The reality is that I was involved in a street fight with a guy who disrespected my girlfriend, the female wrestler Paige. I had to do something about it, and everybody knows what happened after.Rodriguez, who just returned from an appearance in England, said he plans to work mainly in Mexico in the near future, but he also said talks are already in the works for select U.S. dates with Ring of Honor, where he wrestled between his WWE stints, and TNA.I already talked to my friends from Ring of Honor, and Im a big fan of that company and their talent, Rodriguez said. I had a blast a few years ago, and Im going to have fun with all those guys again pretty sn, as well as doing something with my friends in TNA, especially because my friend Drew McIntyre [Galloway] works for them. I have other friends like Damien [Sandow, a.k.a Aron Rex] and Cody Rhodes. Im just lking forward to doing an appearance with them pretty sn.Retiring at the age of 40, which hell be in May, was always Rodriguezs plan. His new idea of how hed like to end his career will extend it for one additional year, and he cites his love and passion for the business as the primary factors in his changing his timeline.For me, it has been the same since day one: Every time I go [into the ring], I come to give my best, Rodriguez said. If Im going through difficult times in my personal life, if Im sick and if Im tired, [the fans] know Im going to give them the best match of the night. Im not one of those guys going to places just to collect money. Even if its in front of 500 people or 20,000 people, I give them my best. Thats going to be the same until my days are at the end in pro wrestling. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 72 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen