while the results were negative for structural damage, McMillan sa

in Spam Area!!! 27.09.2019 11:18
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

After a contract stalemate that had consumed nearly the first three weeks of training camp, J.R. Smith and the Cleveland Cavaliers have reached an agreement on a four-year deal worth $57 million, according to league sources.Sources told ESPN that Smith and the Cavs came to terms Friday night on a pact that will guarantee the mercurial shting guard $45 million over the next three seasons.The fourth season of the contract is not fully guaranteed, sources told ESPNs Brian Windhorst, at which point Smith will be 34. But sources say Smiths final season will become fully guaranteed unless the Cavs waive him shortly after the 2018-19 season.The Cavaliers announced the Smith re-signing Saturday but did not disclose terms.Bringing J.R. back as part of our core group was a priority for us, general manager David Griffin said in a statement. Hes a special part of this family and we are very pleased to have reached an agreement that we all can feel gd about. We know he cant wait to get back on the court with his brothers and we are certain that everyone in this organization and city feels the same way.The Cavs also announced they had waived guard?Toney Douglas.On Friday, Smith said in a video posted to Uninterrupted that he was encouraged by the deal and that he would now get down to the daily business of basketball.We are extremely happy and proud to say that we have agreed to terms to come back to the Cleveland Cavaliers, aka the champs, aka my brothers. Its been a long road, Smith said. I appreciate everybody sticking out through this rough patch of time. I know this holdout and everything else has been long and tedious for everybody, but its extremely huge for us. Were happy to be a part of the Cleveland family and just want to take it one day at a time.He also said his family was expecting another child.Smith earned approximately $45.5 million through his first 12 seasons in the league, according to BasketballReference.com. This new contract, if fully vested, will more than double that amount in a third of the time.Sources told ESPN that, after weeks of scant progress, interest this week from the Philadelphia 76ers in Smith might have helped sparked negotiations with the Cavaliers. The Sixers have roughly $27 million in salary-cap space and, as seen during the summer under new general manager Bryan Colangelo, made a legitimate push to try to sign Manu Ginobili away from the San Antonio Spurs.The Sixers have a growing need in the backcourt in the wake of a recent wrist injury suffered by veteran offseason signee Jerryd Bayless.?But bringing back Smith was described as no less than an absolute must by Cavs star LeBron James, who went public last month with his disappointment about the ongoing impasse just four days into training camp.James showed his excitement after Smith made his announcement.?The deal struck Friday will push Clevelands payroll to a league-record $125 million for the coming season with a luxury-tax bill in the $30 million range. The Cavs paid a league-record $54 million in taxes last season, but the NBAs well-chronicled offseason salary-cap spike will ultimately lead to a lower tax bill for 2016-17.?The Cavs and Smith had been in talks since the veteran guard declined his $5.3 million player option for the 2016-17 season in July, becoming an unrestricted free agent after averaging 12.4 points, 2.8 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 1.1 steals while hitting 204 3-pointers in 77 starts last season.Cavs coach Tyronn Lue also had been vocal about the need to get Smith signed and in camp. He addressed the agreement after the Cavs preseason loss to the Chicago Bulls on Friday night.Its great news, Lue said. Any time you get your starting 2-guard back -- [he was] a big part of what we did the last two years. It means a lot, so hopefully we get the contract signed and well be going in the right direction.Lue was unclear whether Smith would start in the Cavaliers next preseason game Tuesday, but the coach did say he hopes Smith will be ready to start on opening night Oct. 25.Thats my vision, yes, Lue said.It was clear that Smith, whom James recently referred to as a leader of the team and for me personally,?never wanted to go elsewhere. Smith has been spending as much time as possible with his Cavs teammates this month away from the court.It was a sentiment his wife, Jewel, affirmed in a message via Instagram.He Never...for one second... wanted to have to suit up in another teams uniform, she wrote in the post. #CavNation was always #1 in His and Our Hearts.?When the sides were unable to strike a deal by the start of camp, Smith became the fourth Cavs player in the past 10 years -- joining Anderson Varejao, Sasha Pavlovic and Tristan Thompson -- to have contract negotiations drag well into October.Thompson also lauded Smith on social media.He deserves every penny!!! Thompson wrote. #TheBandIsOfficiallyBack next stop... Cartier... on you.Information from ESPNs Dave McMenamin and Nick Friedell was used in this report. China Shoes 2020 . The phone hearing is scheduled for 40pm et/10pm pt. Winchester, who was not penalized for the hit, appeared to make contact with Kellys head early in the first period of Thursdays game in Boston. Cheap Shoes Free Shipping . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. https://www.wholesaleshoesusa.com/ .ca lks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Discount Shoes For Sale . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive bst and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and ftball knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. Wholesale Nike Shoes . "It was nerve-wracking, but we pulled through," said Collaros, who threw four touchdown passes to lead the Toronto Argonauts (8-4) to a 33-27 win over the Calgary Stampeders (9-3) in front of 28,781 fans at McMahon Stadium. OKLAHOMA CITY -- Indiana coach Nate McMillan wrote an instruction on the white board in the Pacers locker rm Sunday: Scrap.Jeff Teague did just that, scoring eight of his 30 points in overtime, harassing Russell Westbrk defensively all night and lifting the short-handed Pacers to a 115-111 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder.It was Indianas first road victory of the season and it came without star forward Paul George, who missed his second straight game with a sore left ankle.Youve got to fight for everything, McMillan said. I thought the guys tonight, we did that. We were without a couple of players, but the guys in uniform came out and played the game the right way. They played hard and we got our first road win.Oklahoma Citys Russell Westbrk had his fifth triple-double of the season -- as many as the rest of the NBA combined -- with 31 points, 15 assists and 11 rebounds, but went 13 of 34 from the field. Westbrk calmly used an expletive to describe the way he played.We just wasnt ready, he said. Just wasnt ready tonight, starting with myself. ... I could have did a lot of things better, man. Got to come out and be ready to play. Tonight I felt like I let my guys down all around. Ive got to be better.Teague matched his season scoring high and added nine assists and six steals. He hit two free throws with 4.6 seconds left in regulation to put the Pacers up three.Westbrk hit a 3-pointer with 2.4 seconds left to tie it for the Thunder and Glenn Robinson III missed a well-guarded 10-fter at the buzzer, forcing overtime.Teagues 3-pointer in the opening minute of overtime put the Pacers ahead for gd. With 1:09 left, he converted a three-point play to make it 113-107, and he hit two free throws with 19.1 seconds left to put Indiana up 115-111. He said the Pacers werent flustered after Westbrks tying 3-pointer at the end of regulation and that McMillan told his team just to go win the game.We had nothing to lose there, Teague said. We knew they were going to make some plays, so we just have to go out and win the game.Six Pacers scored in double figures and two of them had double-doubles -- Robinson with 16 points and 11 rebounds, and Thaddeus Young with 20 points and 11 rebounds.dddddddddddd Myles Turner just missed another with 15 points and nine rebounds.Enes Kanter added 16 points for the Thunder.Oklahoma City rallied from a 15-point second-half deficit to force overtime but wasnt able to recover from a dismal third quarter in which it missed 12 of its first 13 shots and went 4 of 17 from the field.TIP-INSacers: Robinson III made his first start of the season in place of George (ankle) and C.J. Miles (knee), who also sat out due to injury. ... Another forward, Kevin Seraphin, also missed the game with a sore left knee ... Teague matched his career high with six steals.Thunder: Oklahoma City saw its Northwest Division lead shrink to a half-game over Portland. ... The Thunder ended a stretch during which they played eight out of nine games at home. ... The overtime was the second of the season for Oklahoma City, which beat Phoenix on Oct. 28 after an extra period.GEORGE, MILES OUT:George missed his third game, and his second in a row, since spraining his left ankle against Philadelphia on Nov. 11, while the player whos started in his place, Miles, sat out with a sore left knee that he hurt on Friday in a loss to Phoenix.Both players underwent MRIs on Saturday and while the results were negative for structural damage, McMillan said George and Miles would also be out for Mondays home game against Golden State, and then will be reassessed to determine their availability for Wednesdays game against Atlanta.QUOTABLE:I have been waiting on my opportunity, just working hard the whole offseason. This guy (Seraphin) told me a couple of days ago, literally, `Be ready. You never know. Then I walk in the gym and (George) is out, C.J. is hurt and I got to step up. I am just proud of this whole team for sticking together and fighting even though we are a couple of men down. -- Robinson on his performance.UP NEXTacers: Host Golden State on the second night of a back-to-back featuring last seasons Western Conference finalists.Thunder: At the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday night to start a three-game trip. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 262 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen