place in semis Milos Raonic beats Dominic

in TeeLeague 25.09.2019 11:08
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

UFC 206 was originally supposed to feature a light heavyweight title fight between Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson, but the UFC was forced to scramble to find a new main event when Cormier was injured. The card is now headlined by a featherweight bout between Max Holloway and Anthony Pettis. The effects of this switch rippled all the way to Dublin when?Conor McGregor was forced to relinquish his official featherweight title to make rm for future title fights. ESPN.com takes a closer lk at this pay-per-view event by breaking down whats at stake, projecting who will win and providing quotes and statistics on each fighter.(Editors note: Pettis missed weight for the 145-pound interim featherweight title fight, coming in at 148. Dana White has said that the fight will still be an interim featherweight championship opportunity for Max Holloway, but no such opportunity will be granted to Pettis.)Max Holloway (16-3) vs. Anthony Pettis (19-5)Odds as of Dec. 9 (Courtesy of Westgate Las Vegas SuperBk)ettis:?+170 Holloway:?-190Holloway on Jose Aldo: I dont know why youre crying over spilled milkFor the first time in 2016, the UFCs featherweight division will be on the move again in Toronto -- or, as Holloway describes it, the murky water of the weight class will finally start to clear.While many would blame the divisions logjam on Conor McGregor, who recently relinquished the title after 11 months without a defense, Holloway believes current champion Jose Aldo is just as responsible.Aldo won an interim title at UFC 200 in July, but threatened to walk away from the sport entirely a few months later when the UFC didnt bk him a rematch against McGregor. Holloway, meanwhile, was doing everything he could to get a fight with Aldo, which never materialized.I was supposed to fight him at UFC 205 and 206, said Holloway, who is on a nine-fight winning streak. I dont know what the hell that guy is doing.I can understand his frustration a little, but at the end of the day, the UFC moved on. The guy is complaining and crying, and it wasnt going to change the companys mind. Sometimes youve got to go get your money, pick up and move on. I was sitting there trying to get big fights, and this guy is crying over spilled milk. Prove youre the best in the world and fight me. But Im not worried about that s--- now. Im worried about Anthony Pettis on Dec. 10.Holloway, out of Waianae, Hawaii, says he hopes an interim title would mean a fight with Aldo would be guaranteed next, but that will have to wait for now. He stopped short of accusing Aldo of ducking him this year, but hopes Aldos head is finally in the right place now that McGregor is no longer tying up the division.I dont know if its getting easier for guys to duck fights or not, Holloway said. I guess its up to how big your name is, how much youre worth, what opportunities you get. The UFC has been doing big money fights lately, and thats great. Im not one to hate. All I know is this fight gets me one step closer to greatness.Pettis defends interim title shotThere are several reasons behind the UFCs decision to hastily introduce an interim featherweight title bout to this event (before Pettis missed weight), but this basic fact remains: If original headliner Daniel Cormier had not suffered an injury and fallen out of UFC 206, this fight wouldnt have been scheduled to be an interim title fight.The whole situation seems a little forced, especially when you consider Pettis is just 1-3 in his past four fights and has one win at 145 pounds. Regardless, Pettis says he absolutely deserves to be fighting for the title.I dont care what anything thinks or what their opinions are on this, Pettis said. I know how much time Ive put in, and its worked out to my favor.For his part, Holloway wasnt disappointed in the matchup, saying, People are talking about, He only has one win in this division. This guys name is big. The m-----f---er was on a Wheaties box. He was toasted as one of the best in the world. I want to show Im one of the best in the world, so this is the kind of fight I want.A former lightweight champion, Pettis intended to return to the 155-pound division once he has accomplished his goal of becoming a two-weight UFC champion.Given Pettis plans to return to lightweight, Aldos desire to eventually fight McGregor again and McGregors insistence that hes still the featherweight champion, this division still has a lot of questions surrounding it -- but for now, the only question Pettis is interested in answering centers around the interim title.This means were getting the next official shot at the title, Pettis said. Those title shots dont come easy in this sport, and this is a fight that guarantees, for one of us, the next official shot.Breakdown: Anyone here enjoy a gd ol fashioned standup fight? Whats that? Everyone does? Yes, I thought so.Hey, maybe this fight does go to the ground at some point. Twenty-five minutes is a long time, so its certainly a possibility. But the bread and butter of this matchup figures to take place on the feet.If one of these guys shts on the other, its likely because he is losing that battle.Holloway fights young. He brings a healthy pace, and hes willing to take risks. He fights like someone who has never lost, which is understandable, considering hes riding nine straight wins. Hes always getting better in very visible ways, including improved use of his height and reach and improved takedown defense.The space that usually benefits Holloway, however, plays into his opponents strengths here. Space is an open canvas for Pettis to create in. His struggles have usually come when opponents crowd him and dont play at a kickboxing distance. Holloway is an intelligent fighter. Expect him to play with the range and get in Pettis face at times.Both seem capable of fighting five rounds.Pettiss future at 145 uncertain after missing weightIn fairness, Pettiss future in the 145-pound division was already a little uncertain -- even before he missed weight.The former lightweight champion dropped down in weight class this year after a three-fight skid at 155 pounds. Even as he spoke about possibly winning an interim featherweight championship though, he didnt hide the fact that a return to lightweight division was in the cards.Theres unfinished business for Pettis in the lightweight division, in rematches with Rafael dos Anjos, Eddie Alvarez and Edson Barboza -- the three men responsible for his losing streak.Once Pettis achieved his goal at 145 pounds, it was back to 155 -- and he never made it exactly clear what that goal was.Its quite possible it consisted of just two more fights. Saturdays interim bout against Holloway and then a shot at the official title against Jose Aldo. Had he won both of those, we might have had another McGregor situation on our hands -- as in, a featherweight champion whos probably prefer the lightweight belt.Now that Pettis has missed weight with an interim title on the line, his future is even less certain. An interim title represented the closest thing to a guarantee hed fight Aldo next. Without that, theres no guarantee Pettis will even remain in this division.Prediction: Holloway via TKO, third roundYou make the call: Shoes Canada Cheap . Bjorn, who had a 36-hole total of 8-under 134, made a testing six-ft putt to save par on the 16th and a birdie on the 17th before bogeying the final hole after a misjudged approach shot. American Kevin Streelman was in second place after shting a 69. Wholesale Shoes Canada . Ferrer, trying to win his fourth title on Mexican soil, will next play South Africas Kevin Anderson, who eliminated American Sam Querrey,7-6 (2), 6-4. Also Wednesday, Gilles Simon (6) of France beat Donald Young of the United States 6-4, 6-3, Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov downed Frenchman Jeremy Chardy 6-3, 6-4 and Croatias Ivo Karlovic defeated Dudi Sela of Israel 7-6 (4), 6-2. https://www.shoescanadaonline.com/ . The next step is a better finish. Bae played bogey-free Friday on another gorgeous day at Riviera for a 5-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead over Aaron Baddeley and Robert Garrigus going into the weekend. Fake Shoes Canada 2020 . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. Wholesale Shoes Canada . "Theyve both been real gd," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal.Leif Shiras claims Milos Raonic is a real dangerman at the ATP World Tour Finals after not playing at his best, but still proving t strong for Dominic Thiem on Thursday night. Raonic defeated the young Austrian to join Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals of the season-ending finale in London. Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price The duo faced a sht-out for second place in the group behind the Serb, and the fourth seed edged a tight first set and then broke at the start of the second to win 7-6 (7-5) 6-3 and become the first Canadian to reach the semi-finals. I dont think he was at his best and I think thats a bit of a warning sign for everyone else that he can still get better, said Sky Sports tennis analyst Shiras.He was certainly gd enough when it counted and that was the growing sign of a growing elite player that you play your best when the pressure is on and you can deliver. Raonic was delighted after defeating Thiem to go through to the semi-finals of the World Tour Finals I think what you see in him is not only growing talents, but more of an all-court game, comfortable in all parts and of course his growing belief. Hes four in the world and although he hadnt won a Masters event or a Grand Slam, these are the steps of progression that hes sort of leading up to.Being in the semi-finals here hes given himself a great chance to maybe pull one off here, its very much within his reach and he has the weapons to do it. Raonic says he drew inspiration from Pete Sampras serve when he joined Leif at the SkyPad There could be a rematch of the Wimbledon final and Australian Open semi-final between Raonic and Britains world No 1 Andy Murray in the last four, depending on how the other group plays out on Friday and Shiras says if it is Andy Murray, then he had better watch out.ddddddddddddOn an indr hardcourt, I think the conditions suit Raonics game really well so Andy Murray will have to play well, said the former professional. Raonic bks place in semis Milos Raonic beats Dominic Thiem at ATP World Tour Finals I think Raonic has a shot. Im not sure what the percentage would be with Andy and Novak in there - two of the games greats. His odds of winning the title are not as great as theirs but you can never discount a guy like Milos. Highlights of Raonic v Thiem in their final round robin match of the World Tour Finals Check our game-by-game coverage from all group matches at the ATP World Tour Finals in London - including Andy Murray v Stan Wawrinka on Friday - on skysports.com/tennis, our app for mobile devices and iPad and our Twitter account @skysportstennis.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: Raonic bks place in semis Djokovic eases past Goffin Murray targets perfect Sunday WATCH: Murrays double take ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 566 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen