practice while helping Team Canada to a gold medal at

in Spam Area!!! 23.09.2019 08:53
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

SEATTLE -- For much of the season, the Seattle Mariners were not quite sure what to expect from Taijuan Walker.After the hard-throwing right-hander held the Baltimore Orioles to just four hits over his 6 1/3 innings in the Mariners 5-3 victory Thursday night, manager Scott Servais has a better idea.Thats the guy, Servais said. Thats the guy we saw earlier in the year. We just havent seen for a while.Seth Smith had the key hit for the Mariners, a two-run home run in the fifth.Walker (4-6), who was 2-0 in April and 0-5 in May, developed painful tendinitis in his right ft about a month ago. He came out of his June 19 start after five innings and had not started in 10 days.He gave up a solo home run to Hyun S Kim in the seventh but that was the only runner to get past first base. He struck out five and walked none.We knew it was going to be a challenge, Orioles manager Buck Showalter said, and he was on top of his game.Walked said he felt the pain in the ft from the opening pitch but sometimes you have to pitch through it. ... I hope it goes away but for now Ill just do my routine in between starts and stay off of it as much as I can.Its a great team win, something we needed.Kims home run allowed the Orioles to set the major league record for most home runs in June with 56. The 1996 Oakland As had the previous record of 55.Chris Tillman (10-2) tk the loss, ending his nine-game win streak. He lasted just 4 2/3 innings, his second-shortest outing in 17 starts this season. He gave up four runs and six hits, walking three and striking out three.I never felt like I didnt have it, Tillman said. I mean it was there, it was close. I just wasnt able to make some pitches with the off-speed stuff when I need to.It also was Tillmans first career loss to the Mariners, who traded him to the Orioles in 2006. He is now 7-1 with a 3.55 ERA in 10 career starts against Seattle.Before the game, Servais said he talked to his veteran players about their intensity level and where it needs to go.Nelson Cruz, who had two doubles and scored a run, said, we have to play with a little chip on the shoulder. Its nice see everyone contribute today.Center fielder Leonys Martin displayed his intensity and some leather with a pair of superb defensive plays. In the second, he raced straight back to the warning track, hopped up and stretched over his head to haul in a Mark Trumbo blast.Then in the fourth, Manny Machado lined a shot off the wall in right-center, a yard short from a home run. Martin gathered it quickly and threw to shortstop Ketel Marte, who then fired to first to get Machado rounding the bag t far.Leonys, man, hes bailing me out, Walker said. Couple nice plays.Martin started the Mariners three-run fifth with a one-out single to left. Smith attempted to advance Martin with a bunt but popped it foul. On the next pitch, he roped his seventh home run into the right-field seats.Dae-Ho Lee had two RBI for the Mariners.The Orioles rallied for two runs in the eighth as Kim and Machado each had RBI singles.Closer Steve Cishek earned a four-out save, his 19th in 23 opportunities.SECOND CHANCECatcher Mike Zunino, the Mariners first-round draft choice in 2012, was called up from Triple-A Tacoma after backup catcher Steve Clevenger broke his hand Wednesday. Zunino struggled in his starting role last season and the Mariners hope time in the minors helped. From the reports I got, it has been better. Hes a more productive hitter and hes controlling the strike zone better, Servais said. Hell have plenty of opportunities to contribute. Zunino was hitting .282 with 15 home runs and 51 RBI for Tacoma.NO SECOND LEFTYWith the Orioles placing left-hand reliever T.J. McFarland on the 15-day DL Thursday, that leaves only one lefty on the roster, closer Zach Britton. We havent had a left-hander step forward and seize that (second lefty role), like we hoped, manager Buck Showalter said. We have some guys who could potentially do that, but not a whole lot of experience. Its something everyone is constantly lking for.TRAINERS RMOrioles: LHP T.J. McFarland was placed on the 15-day DL before Thursdays game because of a nagging left knee injury. McFarland will fly to Baltimore Friday to have it examined by team orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Jacobs then head to Sarasota, Florida, for rehab.Mariners: The Mariners intend to insert RH Felix Hernandez (strained calf) into the rotation after the All-Star break. The lead-up plan is to have him throw a bullpen session Friday followed by a simulated game then two starts in the minors. ... C Clevenger, who broke a bone in his right hand after being hit by a batted ball Wednesday, will have surgery Friday. He is expected back before seasons end.UP NEXTOrioles: It tk 13 starts but RH Kevin Gausman (1-5, 3.93) won his first game in his previous start Saturday against Tampa Bay, a 5-0 decision. He gave up four hits, struck out seven and walked no one in 7 2/3 innings. He is 0-1 with a 2.63 ERA in two career starts against Seattle.Mariners: LHP Wade LeBlanc (0-0, 0.00), acquired in a trade with Toronto on June 21, allowed no runs and just three hits in his Mariners debut last Friday against St. Louis. The seven-year veteran has one career start against the Orioles, 0-0 with a 1.35 ERA. Cheap Basketball Shoes China . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. Basketball Shoes Sale . Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schls assistant ftball coach. https://www.cheapbasketballshoesstore.com/ . World champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia won the gold medal with 237.71 points, Mre-Towers and Moscovitch followed at 208.45 and Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia were third at 187. Cheap Basketball Shoes Free Shipping . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Ftball Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Basketball Shoes 2020 . Miikka Kiprusoff had just announced his retirement after a decade-long run in Calgary and it would be up to Berra and Ramo to fill the void. DENVER -- Patrick Roys time and tirades on the Colorado Avalanche bench are simply a memory.There was no choice for the team but to turn the page on the Hall of Fame goaltender turned coach who surprisingly stepped away two months ago over disagreements within the organization.In steps Jared Bednar, a career minor-league player whos getting his first NHL chance as a head coach.It hasnt taken Bednar long to earn the respect of the players with his even-keel demeanor and firm belief in a system that focuses on speed, organization, defense and more speed, which seems ideal for a crew that includes Nathan MacKinnon, Matt Duchene and captain Gabriel Landeskog.Were going to play faster, said MacKinnon, the 21-year-old forward who signed a seven-year, $44.1 million deal in the offseason. It will be a faster, quicker game, which is how you win nowadays.Roys departure definitely caught the team off guard. They tied a franchise mark with 52 wins in Roys first season before losing in the first round of the postseason. Really, though, who can forget Roy pushing through a glass partition to get to then-Anaheim coach Bruce Boudreau in his debut.The team faltered the last two years, missing the playoffs, and Roy resigned as coach and vice president of hockey operations on Aug. 11. Roy had split control with executive vice president and general manager Joe Sakic, a former teammate.Everybody was surprised, for sure, just with the timing of it, defenseman Tyson Barrie said.Bednar definitely knows his hockey, even if this is his first NHL coaching gig. He led the Lake Erie Monsters, the American Hockey League affiliate of the Columbus Blue Jackets, to the 2016 Calder Cup title. He also guided the South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL to the 2009 Kelly Cup.Theres a lot of excitement among us guys to have him at the helm, said Joe Colborne, a free agent acquisition who had 19 goals for Calgary last season.Bednar has plenty to work with -- speedy forwards, veteran leadership (Francois Beauchemin, Jarome Iginla), a blue line that includes Erik Johnson and Barrie, along with the talented goalie tandem of Semmyon Varlamov and Calvin Pickard.ddddddddddddMacKinnon appears primed for a big season under Bednar as he entered camp 15 pounds lighter and a whole lot more confident after helping Team North America to a gd showing at the World Cup of Hockey. Hes adjusting well to his new coach.He came from the bottom of pro hockey up to the NHL. Thats pretty cl, MacKinnon said.Things to know before Colorado begins the season Oct. 15 by hosting Dallas:BETTER STARTS: Colorado put an emphasis on the preseason. Thats right, the preseason. The Avs have struggled in exhibition games the last two years and its spilled over into the regular season. Theyre trying to guard against that happening again.Our starts have been pretty average-to-bad, said Barrie, who signed a four-year, $22 million deal in the offseason. Thats going to be a huge focus for us and I think the coaches know that.GOALTENDERS: Varlamov will be the starter, but Pickard should receive quite a bit of work, t. Varlamov is lking to bounce back from a season in which he went 27-25-3 with a 2.81 goals-against average.QUICK HEALER: Duchene banged up his shoulder in practice while helping Team Canada to a gold medal at the World Cup of Hockey. He had two goals and two assists for Canada.Its going to linger for a bit, but its feeling gd, Duchene told reporters after his return to town.MILE HIGH RETURN: Colborne and some of his new teammates have quickly bonded by attending a Denver Broncos game and a few Colorado Rockies contests.I already feel like Ive been here for a long time on this team, said Colborne, who played college hockey down the road at the University of Denver.JUST A NUMBER: At 39, Iginla feels better than ever. He played in all 82 games last season and reached the 20-goal plateau for a 17th time in his career. This season, hes vowing to be even more physical.Ive always been a power forward with a little bit of finesse, Iginla said. But I dont think I was enough power on the power forward side. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 658 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen