e off-season.The Oilers were hocke

in Bewerbung 20.09.2019 14:34
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

CHASKA, Minn. -- When American Dustin Johnson cradled the 17-inch Ryder Cup trophy during the winners news conference at Hazeltine National Golf Club on Sunday night, he -- like nearly all of his U.S. Ryder Cup teammates -- did so for the first time in their careers.Captains pick Ryan Mre, the last man named to the 2016 U.S team, handed Johnson the Ryder Cup trophy and DJ kissed the golden likeness of Samuel Ryder, for which the biennial matches are named. Johnson then passed it to his teammate Matt Kuchar, who gazed at the prized possession for what felt like an hour, reading the inscriptions on the statuette. At one point, it lked like he wasnt going to ever part with it.All of this occurred as other American players answered questions from reporters about how they went about their 17-11 victory over Team Europe, just the second U.S. victory in the Ryder Cup this century.Of the 12 men on Team USA, only two -- 11-time Ryder Cup player Phil Mickelson and J.B. Holmes -- had actually won the Ryder Cup. Even vice captain Tiger Wds sat on the winning side just once in his career as a player. On the flip side, six European team members had each at least won the Ryder Cup twice, even with half their squad being rkies in 2016.Local Minnesota golf legend and 2016 U.S. vice captain Tom Lehman, who led the Americans to one of their worst defeats ever, an 18?-9? loss in 2006 at the K Club in Ireland, got emotional when speaking about how important it was to bring back the Ryder Cup to American soil.Lets just say that when Ryan Mre got that last point, that me and my whole family were bawling like babies, Lehman said. ... To have that cup here in Minnesota means the world to me. ... So to be a part of this team and in this state, my home state, two hours from where I grew up, its a dream come true and I am so grateful for this opportunity.So what does Team USA have to do so more American golfers get to experience that moment of holding the Ryder Cup trophy in triumph?[U.S. Ryder Cup captain] Davis [Love III] is going to be a very instrumental part of that going forward in two years, because for us to go to Europe and try to win the Cup is a whole different feat, Mickelson said about the 2018 matches that will be held in Paris. Thats going to require a whole different level of play, of solidarity, of fortitude and we are going to have to build on this in two years if we want to try to retain the Cup.So its important to start this foundation. Yes, its great that we had success this week, but its not about one year or one Ryder Cup. Its about a multitude, for decades to come.Discount Shoes Black Friday . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a gd night. China Shoes Black Friday . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. https://www.cheapshoesblackfriday.com/ . -- Its been a long road back for Sean Bergenheim. Buy Shoes Black Friday . LUCIE, Fla. Cheap Shoes Black Friday . Kyle Denbrk, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, tk the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday.EDMONTON, Alberta -- Wayne Gretzky has returned to the Edmonton Oilers.The Great One has been named partner and vice chairman of Oilers Entertainment Group. The Oilers made the announcement Wednesday at an unveiling of the refurbished Gretzky statue at the teams new arena, Rogers Place.Im privileged and proud to be back as an Oiler, Gretzky said.He said the decision followed discussions with his family and with Oilers owner Daryl Katz.We felt that this was a really great opportunity for me to get back into the game and to have the chance to do what we all want to do -- win a Stanley Cup, Gretzky said.Gretzky spent much of his Hall of Fame career in Edmonton, leading the Oilers to four Stanley Cup titles in the 1980s.The NHL career scoring leader hasnt held an official job in a league front office since he was part-owner, coach and head of hockey operations with the Phoenix Coyotes. He left the team in 2009.I love the game. I want to be part of the National Hockey League, Gretzky said. Everything I have in my life is because of the NHL and Im thrilled to be back, he said.The details of Gretzkys role have not been finalized.This is all sort of happened pretty quickly, he said. Well figure that out as we go along.Katz said hell work with Gretzky and CEO Bob Nicholson overseeing the business of the Oilers Entertainment Group, but stressed day to day management of the team wont change.This is (general manager) Peter Chiarellis team and he calls the shots, said Katz.Last mmonth, the NHL announced Gretzky would be its ambassador for next years centennial festivities, including outdr games in Winnipeg and St.dddddddddddd Louis.Gretzky said he doesnt see a problem doing both.I was going to do those events anyway, he said. It really doesnt have an affect on that whatsoever.The move comes as the Oilers open the season filled with optimism. In addition to a new downtown arena, they have recently named teen phenom Connor McDavid captain and revamped the roster in the off-season.The Oilers were hockeys dominant team in the 1980s but have since fallen on hard times. They have missed the playoffs for 10 consecutive seasons, tying a dubious NHL record set by the Florida Panthers.Gretzky said management and personnel changes have him optimistic.Its a machine that is heading in the right direction, he said.The statue unveiling was of a 9-ft-2 bronze replica of Gretzky, in an Oilers jersey holding aloft the Stanley Cup. It was erected outside the Oilers old arena, Rexall Place, in 1989, a year after he was traded from the Oilers to the Los Angeles Kings.Gretzky, his family, and Oilers greats Mark Messier, Grant Fuhr, Glenn Anderson, Paul Coffey and Jari Kurri were on hand for the statue unveiling and for the opening of a new Oilers hall of fame rm in the arena.The Oilers faced the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 110 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen