ew coach.Kelly said he would never look into another jo

in Clan- und Funwars 20.09.2019 08:38
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

A day after the death of golf legend Arnold Palmer, his friends and some of the sports greatest players had plenty of warm memories to share of the man nicknamed The King.Tiger Wds fondly recalled the time Palmer briefly made him ineligible to compete collegiately while at Stanford.I went to dinner with Arnold, and Arnold ends up picking up the tab; obviously, you know, Im a college student, Wds told the Golf Channel. So Arnold picks up the tab; well, I get declared ineligible. So, Im at the All-American in El Paso. And so I fly there as a person ineligible -- I wasnt allowed to play a practice round. And so I had to write a $25 check to Arnold, he had to cash it, he then had to fax the copy that it was cashed to the [NCAA] for me to lift up my so-called violation. And so, it was a running joke for over 20 years -- every time Id see him, Id say, You still owe me 25 bucks.Wds said the nonstop needling between the two was one of his favorite parts of his friendship with Palmer.Jack Nicklaus said he enjoyed a decadeslong friendship with Palmer that flourished despite the fact that we loved beating each other.That competitive camaraderie began back in 1958.The first time I met Arnold was 1958 ... and we started off on the first tee and we had a driving contest, and I won the driving contest, Nicklaus said Monday on SportsCenter. We finished the round, and Arnold shot 63 -- I think I shot 67 or something. I never thought much about it at that time, but every time after that, we talked about the first time we met, and I said, Yeah, I out-drove you there, and he said, Yeah, but I shot 63 and you shot 67 -- I got ya. That was when I was 18 years old.Both Wds and Nicklaus also recalled fondly how kind and generous Palmer was to them.Hes been one of those people that I could always turn to, Wds said. Theres not a lot of people you can pick up the phone and talk to and they can change your life. Hes one of those guys.Nicklaus experienced Palmers on-course kindness firsthand.The first time that we really played was at Phoenix in 1962; that was the first time we ever played in a tournament and that was my first year on tour, Nicklaus said. And Arnold treated me like a young kid coming up and he sort of tk me under his wing. ... We walked off the 17th green on the last round, and he put his arm around my shoulder -- and he was gonna win the tournament, he won by 12 shots -- and he said, OK, take your time, just relax, you can birdie this last hole and finish second. Which I did, and I thought that was pretty nice of a guy to do that.And while Nicklaus acknowledged their competitive rivalry would begin later that same year, it never became a source of animosity, at least not between the two men.All of a sudden, [the 1962 U.S. Open] was the start of our rivalry, the start of, I guess, you might say, my fight with Arnolds friends, or Arnolds fans. The one thing about that: I never had to fight him. You may have always had to fight his fans, but you never had to fight him, Nicklaus said. Arnold was always a friend, we always loved going out and trying to beat each other. ... It was a rivalry, I think, we both enjoyed. It was competitive, it was fantastic. Wholesale Shoes Ireland .ca NBA Power Rankings, ahead of the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs. Fake Shoes Ireland .C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said after all of these years in the NBA hes still amazed at some of the things LeBron James does. https://www.shoesirelandsale.com/ . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. Cheap Shoes Ireland Online . Miikka Kiprusoff had just announced his retirement after a decade-long run in Calgary and it would be up to Berra and Ramo to fill the void. Shoes Ireland On Sale . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Coach Chip Kelly returned to the San Francisco 49ers on Wednesday after being away for two days for his fathers funeral and he got some hugs from his players as he walked out to the practice field.Paul Kelly died at age 87 last Friday, apparently of a heart attack. Chip Kelly flew to Maine to be with his family immediately following Sundays game in Chicago and returned to the Bay Area on Tuesday night after attending the funeral.He just had a zest for life, Chip Kelly said. He was one of the happiest people you ever met. I think he really just enjoyed what he did. He was a lifelong learner. He had a thirst for knowledge and an insatiable appetite for information and he was just always fun to be around. He tried to show that and he really did. I think the people that ever were associated with him kind of thrived off of that from him.Paul Kelly was so loyal to his son that he wanted to be buried in a 49ers sweatsuit instead of a suit like he wore during his career as a trial lawyer.Kelly told the team about his fathers death last Saturday night in Chicago and then coached the loss against the Bears before leaving for the funeral. Kelly said he spent extra time with players like Jeremy Kerley and Torrey Smith, who each dealt with the death of a brother during past seasons.I think hes dealt with it better than I would have ever imagined, Smith said. Its tough. Its something I can relate to him on in terms of losing a family member during the season before a game.dddddddddddd I know exactly how hes feeling. Obviously, it was my brother and not my father but its tough and I think for us as players and even people on the outside, you sometimes forget that theres a man behind that uniform or a man thats coaching and they have real life problems just like everyone else.Kelly also said that he never talked with Oregon about returning to the schl as coach after Mark Helfrich was fired last month. The Ducks hired Willie Taggart on Wednesday as their new coach.Kelly said he would never lk into another job while the season was still in progress because of lessons of commitment instilled in him by his father.I dont know why college questions ever come up with me because I would never leave my players before the season ended and thats what Ive said all along and thats the way Ill always be, he said. So, if that precludes me from ever being involved in a college job, then that precludes me from ever being involved in a college job.Game notes Smith was picked as the teams nominee for the Walter Payton Man of the Year award. ... DT Quinton Dial missed practice with an elbow injury. DT Glenn Dorsey (knee), RB Shaun Draughn (ribs), LB Eli Harold (toe) and LB Aaron Lynch (ankle) were limited.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 549 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen