-- secured a gold she never saw com

in TeeLeague 18.09.2019 03:58
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Detroit manager Brad Ausmus wondered aloud Friday about Michael Fulmers case for the All-Star game. Fulmer didnt make it, but his 9-2 record and 2.11 ERA certainly deserve mentioning.At that pace, hed be in the Cy Young discussion if he kept it up for a year, Ausmus said.For now, Fulmer will have to settle for being a top candidate for American League Rkie of the Year honors. In a season where not everything has gone as planned for the Tigers, hes been perhaps the biggest reason theyre still very much in the mix for a postseason spot. When Detroit acquired Fulmer last year in the deal that sent Yoenis Cespedes to the Mets, the Tigers were hoping he could make a significant impact, but as with many prospects, there was no way to know it would happen so quickly.We saw him in spring for the first time and we knew he had electric stuff. He just had a little command issue in spring, teammate Jordan Zimmermann said. He came up, hes been throwing strikes and now hes got a changeup to go with his fastball and slider that are both `plus pitches. Hes been dominant the whole time. Hes fun to watch.Detroits rotation has been in a tough spot of late because of Zimmermanns injury problems and Anibal Sanchezs ineffectiveness. Fulmer, however, has been outstanding since making his debut in late April. Since May 27, hes made eight starts and gone 6-1, allowing only three earned runs in 50 1/3 innings.A lot of young guys come up and theyre throwers and not really pitchers. They have the velocity but they dont really know where its going, Zimmermann said. I feel like hes got the velocity and knows where its going. Usually the control comes later in your career. It seems like hes got it.Here are a few other rkies who have impressed during the first half of the season:COREY SEAGER and KENTA MAEDA, DODGERSSeager was impressive in a shorter stint with the Dodgers last year, and the talented shortstop has lived up to expectations in 2016, hitting .296 with 17 home runs and 41 RBI.Maeda turned 28 five days after making his major league debut in April. The Dodgers signed him to an incentive-laden, eight-year contract in the hope that his success in Japan would translate to the Los Angeles rotation. Hes done just fine so far, posting a 7-6 record with a 3.07 ERA.TREVOR STORY, ROCKIESStory was quite the phenomenon when he hit seven home runs in his first six big league games back in April. Needless to say, the Colorado shortstops pace has slowed a bit, but his batting line -- .263 with 21 homers and 57 RBI -- is still pretty remarkable for a 23-year-old. A note of caution: Hes also on pace for about 200 strikeouts.Story, Seager and St. Louis Aledmys Diaz have turned this into quite a season for rkie shortstops in the National League.SEUNG HWAN OH, CARDINALSThe 33-year-old South Korea native came to St. Louis with quite a reputation -- he led the Japanese Central League in saves in 2014 and `15 and had earned the nicknames Final Boss and Stone Buddha. Hes already appeared in 44 games for the Cardinals, posting a 1.62 ERA.JUNIOR GUERRA, BREWERSGuerra bounced all over the minors and even played professionally in Italy before finally making his big league debut for the Chicago White Sox at age 30 last year. He pitched only four innings for the White Sox in 2015, and Milwaukee claimed him off waivers in October.The right-hander has come out of nowhere to go 6-1 with a 2.93 ERA in 12 starts for the Brewers this year.NOMAR MAZARA, RANGERSA 21-year-old outfielder playing regularly for a first-place team, Mazara is hitting .283 with 11 home runs and 36 RBI. Mazara was 16 when the Rangers signed the Dominican prospect and gave him a $5 million bonus. Hes progressed quickly enough to help Texas withstand injuries to Shin-S Ch and Josh Hamilton this year.---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister Nike Vapormax Damen Billig . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. Air Max 200 Schweiz . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but tk over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. http://www.vapormaxkaufenschweiz.com/vapormax-damen-schweiz.html .S. -- Nikolaj Ehlers registered a hat trick for the third straight game and Jonathan Drouin had a goal and five assists as the Halifax Mseheads hammered the host Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 10-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Air Max 97 Schweiz Billig . Isner, ranked No. 14, won his eighth career singles title and tk the title in New Zealand for the second time after his victory in 2010. The match was similar to Isners quarterfinal victory over fifth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber which went to three sets, all tiebreaks and contained no breaks of serve. Air Max 200 Herren . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Russias dominance in rhythmic gymnastics remains as strong as ever. Yana Kudryavtsevas dominance of the sports big-time meets, however, is over.Margarita Mamun ended her Russian teammates long run in major international competition during the Olympic all-around final on Saturday, taking advantage when a rare mistake by Kudryavtseva gave Mamun enough rm to squeak by and wrest the gold from the three-time world champion. Mamuns total of 76.483 gave Russia its fifth straight Olympic gold in the rhythmic all-around and Mamun her first major title after spending most of the last three years as the runner-up to Kudryavtseva.It was quite unexpected for me to win the gold medal today because all the competitions Yana used to win, Mamun said. I wasnt thinking about winning the gold medal. It just happened.Mamun posted the top score during qualifying on Friday. The scores reset on Saturday and Kudryavtseva led through two rotations when she ran into trouble during her club routine, the event in which she posted the highest score in the 24-woman qualifying field a day earlier.The 18-year-old tossed one of her two clubs high into the air inside Rio Olympic Arena as the music crescendoed to a finish. One problem: when Kudryavtseva reached out to grab the club, it wasnt there. Instead it bounced off the flr inches away from her outstretched hand. She left the podiumm fighting back tears, well aware gold had been lost.ddddddddddddSometimes at the end of the routine I think Im relaxed, I think its already in my hand and its not, Kudryavtseva said.Mamun wasnt aware of Kudryavtsevas mistake until she came out with a red ribbon in her hand during her final routine. Mamun glanced at the scoreboard for just a moment and saw her name in first. It stayed there after her dynamic routine -- her ribbon in constant motion -- secured a gold she never saw coming.I was really surprised to see Yana make a mistake, Mamun said.Kudryavtseva gathered herself preparing for her final set but the misstep proved costly. She settled for second despite posting the highest score in the other three disciplines.It all happened very quickly, she said.Ganna Rizatdinova of Ukraine earned bronze, capping a slow but steady rise from a 10th-place finish in London four years ago. The 23-year-old is Crimean by birth but competes for Ukraine after Russia annexed Crimea two years ago while she was training in Kiev. She considers her medal a victory for two countries.Since London my life has changed a lot, my way of preparation has changed a lot, Rizatdinova said. Now I have grown up. I have new ambitions and new way of preparation and competing. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 57 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen