the language and you have to be aware a little bit o

in Spam Area!!! 17.09.2019 04:14
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

AVON, Conn. -- Along the winding roads that lead to Avon Old Farms prep schl, signs read To the Cup, with an arrow directing fans to the campus where former student-athlete Nick Bonino was bringing the Stanley Cup.As a member of the 2016 Stanley Cup-winning Pittsburgh Penguins, Bonino, the center of the now-famous HBK Line -- which also included?Carl Hagelin and Phil Kessel?-- finally had his day with hockeys sacred?chalice on Thursday.Bonino, 28, admitted he began thinking about his plans for the Cup during the Eastern Conference finals against the Tampa Bay Lightning. As much as he didnt want to jinx it, he mentioned it to his wife, Lauren, while the two sat in the kitchen of their rental home in Pittsburgh. Her sound advice was simple: Win it first.The Penguins defeated the Lightning in seven games, then won the championship in a six-game set against the San Jose Sharks. Now Bonino could make official plans for his day with the Cup.Everything is playing out like I hoped it would, he said.Mike Bolt, one of the Hockey Hall of Fames keepers of the Cup, arrived with the hardware and handed it over to Bonino at 9 a.m. One of the first stops was TPC River Highlands in nearby Cromwell, site of the PGA Tours Travelers Championship.Somehow, I thought I would play nine holes with it in 30 minutes, Bonino said with a laugh. I tk four shots and tk pictures and then we tk it to my dads work, and it was nice to share it with him and his co-workers.Then we tk it to my house that I grew up in, my parents house in Unionville. Then we tk it and ate some pasta out of it with my grandparents. That was the one memory Ill cherish the most; my nana and papa there kissing the Cup and eating pasta out of it was something Ill never forget.When Bonino arrived at his old schl, his former coach, John Gardner, who is still the boys team coach, greeted his former player with the now-famous Bonino! Bonino! Bonino! Nick Bonino! winning-goal call from Game 1 against the Sharks made by CBCs Hockey Night Punjabi, which broadcast NHL games in the Indian language.I dont think Im safe from anyone. Anyone can do it, Bonino said with a smile. Its my ringtone. Its another thing Im humbled by and its pretty cl.The plan was to have the Stanley Cup display on the beautiful village green, where the schl holds its graduation every year, but because of the heat -- temperatures soared into the 90s -- the schl decided it would be best to keep fans inside and out of the sun. The line of 5,000 fans snaked its way around the gym, up a flight of stairs, over the balcony, down a long hallway and out the dr of the student center.Other Avon alums have their names etched into the Stanley Cup, including Hall of Famer Brian Leetch, who won it with the New York Rangers in 1994, and current Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick, who won the Cup in 2012 and 14. But this is the first time an Avon alum has brought the Cup to campus.Its really great, Gardner said. Its great for Nick to do this, and Nicks a great guy.There was a box at the front of the line where fans could make a donation to the Connecticut Childrens Medical Center before having their picture taken with Bonino and the Cup. The box was overflowing by the end of the two hours. It was estimated that $5,000 was raised at the event.At one point, Gardner had all 120 kids attending his hockey camp this week with Bonino and the Stanley Cup for a picture.Nickys a great example to use to young players, because when Nicky was a young player, he wasnt that gd, Gardner said. He never made any of the select teams. He wasnt a sure-fire commitment. He didnt commit to BU until after his junior year at Avon, and he was a late developer. So I use him as an example as someone who really worked hard, and because he worked hard, thats where he is, Gardner added, motioning toward Bonino standing next to the Cup as fans filed through the line.Before playing at Avon, Bonino played two years at nearby Farmington High Schl. At the time, then-University of Maine mens assistant coach Grant Standbrk told Gardner about a kid from Farmington whom he should scout and possibly recruit to play at Avon Old Farms.I saw Nick Bonino skate when he was a junior at Farmington High, and he was awful, Gardner said. He had great hands. He had great vision. He was a great player, but he skated very stiff-legged, slow, and everybody knew what he had to work on.The reason Nick is what he is, is he can be coached. Hes a smart kid and he knew he had to work on his squats and he had to get strong legs and he had to skate. Now people say, Oh, Nicks a really gd skater.Bonino was a member of the schls varsity program in 2005-06 and 2006-07 and was the captain his second season. He helped Avon win the New England Prep championship in 2007, before his collegiate career at Boston University, where he won a national championship in 2009.As Boninos time with the Cup at Avon was ending on Thursday, a few hundred people remained in line, so he picked up the Cup so those fans could get a closer lk before he exited the building.After leaving Avon, Bonino was taking it to Connecticut Childrens Medical Center.Having a child, and doing visits to childrens hospitals with the Penguins, and with the Canucks and with the Ducks, its eye-opening and definitely changes the way you lk at life, Bonino said. Those kids in there havent had the best fortune, but you wouldnt know it by their demeanors, by the way they act. ... I knew this platform was a way to maybe raise some money.Bonino also teamed with Uber, which drove him around in the morning and donated $4,000 to the childrens hospital.After the public appearances, Bonino held a private party for family and close friends.Maybe Ill have a couple of drinks out of it, he said with a smile.Nothing could match the birth of his daughter, Maisie, earlier this year, but Bonino said that spending his day with the Stanley Cup and sharing it with his family, friends and fans was a close second.He wanted to bring it here and he wanted as many people as possible to see the Cup, Gardner said.Once again, Bonino was successful.And he had the Stanley Cup until midnight before it was tucked away for the night. Clearance Kobe Bryant Shoes . Datsyuk will miss Tuesdays game against New Jersey and could be sidelined longer, while Cleary will likely miss at least the next three games. Its been an injury-plagued season for Datsyuk, who has suited up for just 39 games. Kobe Bryant Shoes Outlet . Meanwhile, there were huge victories for Sunderland and West Ham over fellow relegation rivals, leaving the battle to avoid the drop up for grabs with the bottom 11 teams separated by just six points. Eden Hazard and Fernando Torres scored second-half goals to seal a fourth straight victory for Chelsea, which climbed above Arsenal and Manchester City in the standings ahead of their games on Monday and Sunday respectively. https://www.cheapkobebryantshoes.com/ . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Kobe Bryant Shoes Free Shipping . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. Wholesale Kobe Bryant Shoes . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. NEW YORK -- Kristaps Porzingis heard the roar of the fans and lked up at the scoreboard to see why they were cheering.The board showed that Porzingis had his first 30-point game in the NBA, and the New York Knicks think it could be the first of many.Hes figuring everything out, point guard Derrick Rose said. Like, hes going out here scoring 30 and he really dont know the NBA yet.Porzingis scored a career-high 35 points and the Knicks held on for a 105-102 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday night.The 7-ft-3 forward from Latvia hit three 3-pointers and converted a dazzling three-point play in the first half after dunking a lob pass on the fast break.You see the whole package tonight, coach Jeff Hornacek said. He was inside, he was outside. I thought he was great.Carmelo Anthony added 22 points to help the Knicks win their second straight. Joakim Noah bounced back nicely with seven points and 15 rebounds after he was benched in the second half of the Knicks victory over Dallas on Monday night while Porzingis moved to center in a smaller lineup.Porzingis played some more center Wednesday and everywhere else on the flr, drawing MVP! MVP! chants while also grabbing seven rebounds.It was just happening, and a lot of stuff that I worked on during the summer came out, he said.It almost wasnt enough, as Detroit pulled within two in the final minute and had a chance to tie but Kentavious Caldwell-Pope missed a 3-pointer on the last possession.He finished with 21 points and Tobias Harris added 19 points and 10 rebounds for the Pistons, who had won two straight.Porzingis was 4 for 5 for nine points in the first quarter, then had 16 more in the second quarter, highlighted by his slam that broke a 33-all tie. Kyle OQuinn had blocked a shot to trigger a fast break, with Porzingis running ahead to catch Brandon Jennings lob and slam it down while being fouled by Jon Leuer, landing awkwardly but getting up quickly as Knicks players from the nearby bench spilled onto the flr in celebration.Thhe guy had a great night and some of what he did is unstoppable, Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy said.dddddddddddd But when he outruns you down the flr for a dunk off a missed shot, not a turnover, thats inexcusable.TIP-INSPistons: Andre Drummond had 15 points and nine rebounds after missing a game with a sprained right ankle. ... Detroit is 5-0 at home but 1-6 on the road.Knicks: Jennings averaged 14.1 points and 6.6 assists in 144 games with Detroit from 2013-16. ... New York has won three straight and 12 of the last 14 meetings at Madison Square Garden.STAN SPEAKSA day after LeBron James criticized Knicks President Phil Jackson for using the word posse in an interview to describe James friends and business partners, Van Gundy was reflective Wednesday when thinking about his own words, calling on people to be aware of their language and attitudes.Im going to be perfectly honest here, Ive used that word before, OK, Van Gundy said , and when that all came out I had to ask myself, have I ever used that word before with a white player, and the answer is no. So, I think, lk, you have to be aware of the language and you have to be aware a little bit of your own biases if youre going to overcome them and so I tk that seriously.GD GUYHarris was honored with the NBA Cares Community Assist Award for October for his leadership and dedication to mentoring at-risk youth throughout the community. Hell be presented with the award Saturday at home against Boston, and Kaiser Permanente and the NBA will donate $10,000 on his behalf to Feeding Children Everywhere.FTBALL FANSNFL stars Von Miller of the Denver Broncos and Odell Beckham Jr. of the New York Giants were at the game.UP NEXTPistons: Visit Cleveland on Friday. The Cavaliers swept the Pistons in the first round of last seasons playoffs.Knicks: Visit Washington on Thursday. The Wizards have won the last two meetings. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 298 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen