rushing. Looks for fourth straight game with TD run. ...

in Spam Area!!! 17.09.2019 04:12
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- There will be bigger matches for Madison Keys, bigger tournaments. But on a sun-splashed afternn at the Olympic Tennis Center, no one was going to tell the 21-year-old that going home without a shiny round piece of hardware around her neck was anything less than heartbreaking.Keys 7-5, 2-6, 6-2 loss to the Czech Republics Petra Kvitova on Saturday in the womens bronze-medal match came less than 20 hours after she fell to Angelique Kerber in the semifinal. Both were equally frustrating, and both brought out the best and worst in the young American.Against Kerber, Keys was 0-for-10 on break-point opportunities. Against another more experienced player in Kvitova, Keys was 2-for-10. And though Keys played at a high level at times against two of the hardest hitters in the game, she was sloppy, committing 90 unforced errors in those matches (41 versus Kerber; 49 against Kvitova).Keys had a double set point on Kvitovas serve in the first set but failed to capitalize. And though Keys came back strong to win the second set, she was frustrated throughout the match, slamming her racket often.When I needed a point, she played her best tennis, Keys said of her bronze-medal match. Its one of those where a point here and there could really change it, and unfortunately, I didnt win those today.As for Kvitova, she was plagued by mono last year, a stomach illness early in 2016 and then an abdominal pull. Still, she is a two-time Wimbledon champ but has not been past the quarterfinals of a major since winning her last one in 2014. This year, she fell in the second round at the All England Club.But Saturday, Kvitova was nimble and quick, winning 7-of-9 net chances and taking command of the final set. She broke Keys serve in the first and third games and never lked back.I was preparing for the Olympics from the beginning of the season, Kvitova said. I had so many troubles with injuries and everything. I know I love playing this kind of tournament.And playing for the Czech Republic is something always special for me. I just came here to do what I can. Im so happy. I saved my best tennis for this event.While Keys, who broke into the top 10 of the world ranking for the first time in June, has been steadily climbing toward elite status, her lone obstacle is a Grand Slam title. Red-eyed and holding back tears after both her semifinal and the bronze matches, Keys will try to benefit from this Olympic week.Right now, its not super easy to see the positives, but Im definitely going to take what I learned and use it -- use everything that happened here just as experience and ... and move on, she said.There were a lot of matches I could have potentially lost, and I was able to fight. Also, it is a very unique experience being a part of a team and the Olympic Village. I think it was a really, really fun experience, and Im just going to focus on that.Keys was not the only player who was emotional Saturday, as Kvitova told reporters that she was sorry if she broke into tears.This means almost everything, the Czech said. The fact that I have a medal from the Olympics is one of the best things [to] happen in my career. I have my two Wimbledon titles, Fed Cup and WTA [Finals]. Its definitely one of the best days today, so I hope Im going to celebrate it. And Im very proud I could bring it to the Czech Republic.Unfortunately, I didnt win the gold medal, but to have a bronze, its great. Its different [than Wimbledon]. ... Its something special. Cheap Vapormax Mens . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season. Cheap Vapormax Womens . -- The St. Johns IceCaps weathered a wild first period with the help of goaltender Jussi Olkinuora, before finding offensive inroads in the second. http://www.cheapvapormaxtrainers.com/cheap-vapormax-plus.html .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternn it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. Cheap Vapormax China .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. Fake Off White Vapormax .ca. Kerry, Just watched the shtout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count? All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. LOS ANGELES (3-5) at NEW YORK JETS (3-6)Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, FOXOPENING LINE -- Jets by 2 1/2RECORD VS. SPREAD -- Los Angeles 3-3-2, New York 3-4-2SERIES RECORD -- Rams lead 9-4LAST MEETING -- Jets beat Rams 27-13, Nov. 18, 2012LAST WEEK -- Rams lost to Panthers 13-10; Jets lost to Dolphins 27-23AP PRO32 RANKING -- Rams No. 27, Jets No. 28RAMS OFFENSE -- OVERALL (31), RUSH (29), PASS (24)RAMS DEFENSE -- OVERALL (, RUSH (11), PASS (9)JETS OFFENSE -- OVERALL (23), RUSH (12), PASS (26)JETS DEFENSE -- OVERALL (14), RUSH (4), PASS (22)STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES -- Rams lking to snap four-game losing streak and avoid first five-game skid since Weeks 9-13 of last season, when team finished 7-9. ... Los Angeles sticking with Case Keenum at QB over No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff. Keenum has thrown for 2,004 yards with nine TDs and 11 INTs this season. He had five TD throws and one INT with 122.2 rating in last two road games. ... RB Todd Gurley, last seasons Offensive Rkie of Year, has yet to run for 100 yards in single game this season after rushing for 125 or more five times last season. Gurley sat out practice Wednesday with sore thigh. ... TE Lance Kendricks tied career high with seven catches last week, with 90 yards receiving. He needs two TD catches to tie Damone Johnson (1986-92) for most by Rams TE with 18. ... DT Aaron Donald has 25 sacks, including two last week, to lead NFL DTs since start of 2014 season. ... With one punt, Johnny Hekker will tie Sean Landeta for third most in franchise history with 380.dddddddddddd ... WR-PR Tavon Austin needs one punt return for TD to tie LeRoy Irvin and Henry Ellard for most in franchise history with four. ... Jets planning to start QB Ryan Fitzpatrick as long as sprained left knee feels healthy enough for him to play. If not, second-year QB Bryce Petty would get first NFL start. Fitzpatrick began career with Rams as seventh-round pick out of Harvard in 2005. ... RB Matt Forte has 349 yards from scrimmage and five TDs in last three games. Forte ranks seventh in NFL with 634 yards rushing. Lks for fourth straight game with TD run. ... WR Brandon Marshall surpassed Torry Holt (920) for 19th on NFLs career list with 922 receptions. Hes caught at least one pass in 153 straight games, second on active list to Arizonas Larry Fitzgerald (187). ... Rkie WR Jalin Marshall had first career TD catch last week. ... Ben Ijalana replaces LT Ryan Clady, who was placed on IR this week with shoulder injury. ... Leonard Williams leads Jets and ranks second among AFC DLs with six sacks. Hes tied for second in NFL with 10 tackles for loss. ... Fantasy Tip: Temper expectations for Gurley, who faces defense that has allowed 81 yards rushing per game, fourth-best mark in NFL.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 636 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen