in a statement released by the Kings.

in Clan- und Funwars 15.09.2019 03:44
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- Russell Wilson would be playing for the Philadelphia Eagles if Andy Reid got his man in 2012.Reid planned to select Wilson in the third round of the NFL draft that year, but Seahawks general manager John Schneider beat him to it. The Eagles settled for Nick Foles 13 picks later. They went 4-12 and Reid got fired after winning more games than any coach in franchise history during his 14-year tenure.Wilson turned out to be more than either team couldve expected. He has started every game since arriving in Seattle, led the Seahawks to a Super Bowl victory in his sophomore year, and is 52-20-1.I know that Andy called us right after the pick, and gave John some trouble about it, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said this week. Theyre old friends. But we were really sweating it out. We wanted him the whole way, and John had it figured obviously perfectly for us to get it done. There were a couple other teams that called in right after that, t. Andy was the first guy to call, though. He was just giving John a hard time for taking his guy.Of course, Philadelphia couldve drafted Wilson with either of its two picks in the second round. The Eagles chose linebacker Mychal Kendricks (46th) and defensive end Vinny Curry (59th). They tk defensive tackle Fletcher Cox in the first round. Wilson lasted until pick No. 75.The Eagles (5-4) get another lk at Wilson on Sunday when they visit the Seahawks (6-2-1). They finally have their own franchise quarterback, t.While Wilson became an elite player in Seattle, the Eagles went through Foles, Michael Vick, Mark Sanchez and Sam Bradford before landing Carson Wentz with the No. 2 overall pick this year.Wentz has been an impressive rkie, but he has a long way to go to reach Wilsons level.Ive got a lot of respect for him and lking forward to going up against him, Wentz said. Ive always been a big fan of his, since I was younger. He was an N.C. State guy and I was an N.C. State fan as a kid, so watched him, followed him for a while, been a big fan of his.The respect is mutual.Hes going to be a great ftball player for a long time, Wilson said of Wentz. Hes athletic, he can make all the throws, hes a smart guy, hes competitive.Wilson and the Seahawks are tough to beat. Theyre 31-5 in Seattle with Wilson. Eagles defensive crdinator Jim Schwartz understands he has a tough task devising another winning game plan. The Eagles shut down Matt Ryan and the high-powered Falcons last Sunday. They also held Ben Roethlisberger and the dynamic Steelers to only a field goal in Week 3.One of the reasons (Wilson) has been successful through his career is that hes not a one-trick pony, Schwartz said. You see it with some quarterbacks. They come in and have a little bit of success, and then defensive coaches around the league sort of figure out a bk on them, and they take away those strengths and make them play to their weakness, and a lot of guys effectiveness starts to wane. But not him. People have had a long time to try to figure him out, and nobody really has, and its because hes a gd player.As for Reid and Foles, theyre together in Kansas City. Reid is 38-19 in four seasons with the Chiefs. Foles went to Kansas City this season to back up Alex Smith and has won his only start.Game notes The Eagles gave long snapper Jon Dorenbos a three-year contract extension on Friday, a day after giving a three-year extension to special teams star Chris Maragos. ... WR Jordan Matthews (back) and TE Zach Ertz (hamstring) are questionable for Sunday. Both practiced Friday.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP-RobMaaddi Jace Sternberger Womens Jersey . Hargreaves began his career in 2008 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and has played with the Edmonton Eskimos and last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Green Bay Packers Jerseys . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players. http://www.shoptheofficialpackers.com/Elite-Elgton-Jenkins-Packers-Jersey/ .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team. Bart Starr Packers Jersey . Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts. Paul Hornung Jersey . The deal is pending a physical, assistant general manager Bobby Evans said. Traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30, Morse also can play first base and right field to give manager Bruce Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento Kings point guard Darren Collison pleaded guilty Friday to misdemeanor domestic battery from a May incident and issued a statement apologizing to a woman he said he has known and loved since high schl.Collison, 29, must serve 20 days in jail, but he may be allowed to participate in an alternative sentencing program, according to the Placer County district attorneys office. He must perform 20 hours of community service and a yearlong program to deter domestic violence as part of a three-year sentence of informal probation, The Sacramento Bee reported.Placer County sheriffs deputies said they arrested Collison after they responded to a report of a woman being assaulted inside a home and found her visibly injured.He was initially charged with one misdemeanor count of domestic violence causing injury and one of domestic battery, along with one count of driving on a suspended license from a separate incident.Words cannot describe the feelings and rregret that I have been experiencing the last few months, Collison said in a statement released by the Kings.dddddddddddd This is far from who I am as a person and not something I am proud of.... I have apologized to my beautiful wife that I have known and loved since high schl.Collison completed two seasons with the Kings and has one year remaining on his contract. He previously played for New Orleans, Indiana, Dallas and the Los Angeles Clippers during his seven-year NBA career.Domestic violence is a serious issue across our nation and one that runs contrary to our organizations values, the Kings said in a statement expressing disappointment for his behavior. He is committed to using this incident to help raise awareness through education of this critical issue in the community. Were working with Darren and the NBA on the appropriate next steps. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 179 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen