McAfee said. But we never worry about that. The on

in Clan- und Funwars 15.09.2019 03:44
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Manny Pacquiao has selected welterweight titleholder Jessie Vargas to be his next opponent. Or has he? It depends on who you believe.Pacquiao, 37, will come out of a brief retirement to fight Nov. 5 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas in a pay-per-view view headliner. Michael Koncz, Pacquiaos adviser, told ESPN via text message that Vargas is the choice to be the opponent.Top Rank chairman Bob Arum, however, told ESPN.com later Thursday that Vargas is not necessarily the opponent and that Terence Crawford (29-0, 20 KOs), who unified junior welterweight world titles with his dominant decision win against Viktor Postol on July 23, is still in the running.Arum and Koncz are scheduled to fly with each other to the Philippines on Sunday night to meet with Pacquiao in person, go over the deal points and get his official decision on who he will fight.When told that Koncz said that the pick was in, and that it was Vargas, Arum responded, Why would I go to the Philippines if I already had a deal and a decision on the opponent? If everything was set and arranged, why would I go over there for two days? Im not going over there for the fd. I am going to find out what the f--- is on Mannys mind and its not easy to talk to him on the phone and we have to talk about a lot of things. Among the issues is the opponent.Michael can say whatever he wants but I havent talked to Manny about any of this.Arum added: Michael feels strongly about the opponent, but thats Michael, not Manny. And Manny has the final say. Theres no reason to be cute. I have no idea who Manny wants to fight yet, but its up to him, not up to me and not up to Michael.Arum did say he has an agreement in place with Vargas should Pacquiao pick him. Arum said Vargas (27-1, 10 KOs) and manager Cameron Dunkin came to Arums Las Vegas office recently and worked out the particulars, but that everybody knew the deal was contingent on Pacquiaos approval.Were ready to go, Dunkin said. I talked to Jessie [on Wednesday] and hes very excited. He really respects Manny, really respects [Pacquiao trainer Freddie] Roach. Jessie has already been training and getting ready. This is a chance of a lifetime. He just wants the fight. He really believes he can win and so do I.Hes 27, in his prime and as great a fighter as Manny is, hes got a lot of things going on. Jessie is very, very confident hes going to win the fight. Theres no doubt in his mind.Dunkin also co-manages Crawford (29-0, 20 KOs), 29, of Omaha, Nebraska. Arum said he has talked to Crawfords attorney about the outline of a possible deal to fight Pacquiao because Terence felt there might be a bit of a conflict for Cameron because he also manages Vargas, so he asked us to speak with his lawyer, which is what we have done.Pacquiao, who was elected to a six-year term to the senate in the Philippines in May, will fight while the government body is in recess. However, he plans to train in the Philippines, doing his senate duties by day and training by night before the recess. After Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38 KOs), boxings only eight-division titleholder, outpointed Timothy Bradley Jr. in their third fight on April 9 in Las Vegas, he announced his retirement.However, few believed it would stick and just a few months later he and Top Rank began making plans for his November return. Koncz told the Los Angeles Times that the site for Pacquiaos return is up in the air. He said it could be Las Vegas or Dubai, where supposedly there are investors interested putting up millions to lure a Pacquiao fight.Arum, however, told ESPN.com the fight will definitely be at the Thomas & Mack Center.Do I have meetings in Los Angles with people who have interest doing one of Mannys fights in Dubai? Yes, Arum said. But Michael is mistaken. Even if we went there it would not be for the November fight. If we went there it might be for a spring [2017] fight.Of course, a fight next spring could also be a possible rematch against Floyd Mayweather, who outpointed Pacquiao in their May 2015 welterweight unification bout, the richest fight in boxing history. Although Mayweather retired following his September victory against Andre Berto, few believe it will stick and that the prospect of another enormous payday against Pacquiao and the chance to run his record to 50-0 will be t much for him to resist. Kenny Stills Dolphins Jersey . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. re-dolphins-jersey/" target="_blank">Nat Mre Womens Jersey . -- Hunter Smith scored the winner with just 12 seconds remaining in the third period as the Oshawa Generals edged the host Sarnia Sting 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.authenticdolphinspro.com/Jerome-baker-dolphins-jersey/ . - The Washington Redskins have cut defensive lineman Adam Carriker and punter Sav Rocca. Jason Taylor Jersey . JOHNS, N. Christian Wilkins Jersey . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. INDIANAPOLIS -- Adam Vinatieri has never been a superstitious guy.Hell talk numbers and records, goals and streaks all day, even when hes on the cusp of another major milestone.If experience has taught the 43-year-old Indianapolis Colts kicker anything, its this: Work hard, savor the special moments and focus on putting the ftball between the goal posts.Nobody has been more successful at it recently than Vinatieri, who has made 38 consecutive field goals and nine in a row from 50 yards or more.He doesnt miss in practice either, holder Pat McAfee said Wednesday. I dont remember what year it was he told me this, but he said, `Its never a gd day if I miss. Even in practice, its not a gd day if he misses.Fortunately for the Colts (2-3), Vinatieri succeeds far more often than not.Hes 12th in league history with a field goal rate of 84.5 percent and has made 87.2 percent of his kicks since moving from the harsh New England winters to the cozier, warmer conditions inside Indianapolis dome and retractable rf stadiums.Of course, its not as if Vinatieri needed a climate-controlled environment to make his case as one of the leagues all-time best.He won three Super Bowls with the Patriots, two thanks to last-minute field goals. He made two crucial field goals in blizzard conditions during the infamous Tuck Rule game during New Englands first title run and he left as the franchises career scoring leader.But even after the Patriots decided to go with a younger kicker following the 2005 season, Vinatieri has continued to thrive.Hes climbed to third on the NFLs career scoring list (2,304), third in field goals (516) and is the first player in league history to score 1,000 points or make 200 field goals with two teams. If he makes five field goals Sunday at Houston (3-2), Vinatieri would break Mike Vanderjagts NFL record of 42 in a row. Gary Anderson is second on the list at 40.While Vinatieri prefers not to talk about making 43 at 43, its not out of bounds, either.The key is I feel like the first time I step onto the field its just another opportunity to put points on the board for my team, Vinatieri said after earning his 16th AFC player of the week award by making all five attempts in last weeks 29-23 victory over Chicago . Ill try to get to 39. If I do that, Ill try to get it to 40.In many cases, Colts players might not know how lucky they are.Vinatieri is the only kiicker Pro Bowl long snapper Matt Overton has worked with in five NFL seasons.dddddddddddd McAfee, a Pro Bowl punter in his eighth season, has spent seven years working exclusively with the best clutch kicker in league history.When outside linebacker Robert Mathis arrived in 2003, Vanderjagt was on the roster and with the exception of Vinatieris injury-shortened 2009 season, Vinatieri and Vanderjagt are the only kickers hes had as teammates.Others in the locker rm, such as defensive tackle Art Jones, cherish the peace of mind Vinatieri gives them.While Jones was part of Baltimores 2012 Super Bowl-winning team, he still remembers losing the AFC championship game a year earlier on a missed chip-shot field goal.It makes a defensive player feel really gd knowing you have a guy who is going to put points on the board, Jones said. We talk about it (the streak), but hes one of the most humble guys Ive ever met. He doesnt like talking about it.Thats primarily because Vinatieri would rather make sure hes ready for the next kick than celebrate the last one.And its a big reason that after missing his first two field-goal attempts last season, prompting speculation that age may finally be catching up to him, the 21-year veteran lks as spry as ever. Hes made 68 of his past 71 tries and with the Colts struggling to score touchdowns , Vinatieri is on pace to score a career high 163 points.I promise you, if he actually misses one, it wont be his fault. It will be my fault or Overtons fault, McAfee said. But we never worry about that. The only thing we know is that if he misses, its not a gd day.Game notes Five of the 12 players who did not practice Wednesday were given an extra day off by coach Chuck Pagano. Those players were safety Mike Adams, cornerback Dontae Davis, running back Frank Gore, defensive end Kendall Langford and Mathis. ... Receivers Quan Bray (shin) and T.Y. Hilton (hip), cornerbacks Darius Butler (finger surgery) and Patrick Robinson (knee and hip), offensive lineman Jonotthan Harrison (appendectomy) and defensive tackle Zack Kerr (ankle) also sat out. Pagano said Kerr was week to week. ... Inside linebacker Josh McNary (stinger) did limited work Wednesday.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 499 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen