Honkers pitching coach Demetre Kokoris said. The

in TeeLeague 07.09.2019 09:32
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

SAN FRANCISCO -- Madison Bumgarner wants another even-year World Series championship. Thats what drives him, not the milestones and accolades he piles up along the way.Bumgarner lined a key two-run double in the sixth and emphatically pumped his arms while yelling in celebration at second base, and the San Francisco Giants beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 9-3 on Friday night to maintain their slim lead for the second NL wild card.Brandon Belt added a three-run homer in the seven-run inning and Bumgarner (15-9) beat the Dodgers for the first time in seven starts since May 21, 2015. It was win No. 100 of his career.Thats a special thing getting the opportunity to do that, he said. Theres a lot more at stake.The Mets stayed one game ahead of the Giants for the top wild card, while San Francisco remained a game up on St. Louis for the second spot.Angel Pagan might have made the play of the night -- without his glove or bat. He body-slammed a male fan in the left field grass during the fourth inning after he ran onto the field offering white paper flowers. Pagan realized he had to do something to slow the man down, unsure whether there was any motive to harm a player.I was just trying to protect myself and protect my teammates. The guy was getting closed to my teammates, Pagan said. I guess it was very explosive. Us athletes, weve got that kind of strength. ...It worked.Buster Posey earlier shoved the man to the ground. Pagan, who held the man down until security reached him, received a roaring ovation from the sellout crowd when the half-inning ended and tipped his cap.Thats just weird. Any time somebody comes on the field youre a little bit uneasy, Posey said. He probably shouldve been charged with a flop.Once Rich Hill left the game, San Francisco pounced against Brandon McCarthy (2-3).Pinch-hitter Conor Gillaspie started things in the sixth with a go-ahead two-run double, and pinch-hitter Denard Spans RBI single chased McCarthy before he retired a batter. He had a walk followed by five straight hits.They just hit everything I threw, McCarthy said. Im angry but other than that it was so fast and so violent that I dont really know what kind of emotions to take from it.Bumgarner stopped a four-start winless stretch, allowing three runs and eight hits in 7 1/3 innings. He had been 0-4 in his previous six starts against Los Angeles, 0-2 this season.Kike Hernandez hit a go-ahead single off Bumgarner in the sixth, but the Giants answered big with the bats.Hill allowed two runs and six hits in five innings. He pitched for the first time since Sept. 20 also against the Giants after the Dodgers skipped his last turn as a precaution because he has dealt with blisters on his pitching hand this season.Manager Dave Roberts planned to monitor Hill and keep his outing short given he will draw Game 2 of the NL Division Series next week.Yasiel Puigs RBI double to left in the first scored Corey Seager, who made a headfirst slide into home to narrowly beat Pagans throw. Carlos Ruiz followed with an RBI single for a 2-0 lead.The Giants got it right back in the bottom half, on Poseys RBI single and a sacrifice fly by Pagan.Were on a mission right now, Pagan said. We already started the playoffs right here.Bumgarner and Puig got into it on Sept. 19 at Dodger Stadium, causing both benches to clear. Puig was bed during pregame introductions, though neither manager expected any further issue.The Giants are 14-4 at home against the Dodgers since the start of the 2015 season.WILLIE MAC AWARDBrandon Crawford and Javier Lopez shared the honor named for Hall of Famer Willie McCovey. They were presented the award in an on-field ceremony before the game for being most inspirational on the field and in the clubhouse as chosen by players, coaches and training staff.Its a huge honor for me winning this award, especially growing up a Giants fan, Crawford said.The Dodgers politely watched from their dugout.TRAINERS RMDodgers: Roberts said the Dodgers are considering four starters for the NLDS, giving themselves insurance if Clayton Kershaw or Hill were to have any health issues. Its a possibility, Roberts said. A lot depends on Game 1 and how it plays out. It doesnt make any sense to forecast what were going to do.Giants: INF Eduardo Nunez, nursing a right hamstring strain, missed his fourth straight game and wont play Saturday. Sunday seems unlikely as well but manager Bruce Bochy is hopeful he could be ready for a wild-card game. Nunez was scheduled to play easy catch, swing off the tee and try to do some light running on a treadmill.UP NEXTDodgers: Kershaw (12-3, 1.65 ERA) is 1-1 with a 0.86 ERA in four starts since coming off the disabled list Sept. 9. He is 18-7 with a 1.58 ERA in 34 career starts against the Giants.Giants: LHP Ty Blach was named Saturdays starter postgame. Jarrod Dyson Jersey .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Eduardo Escobar Jersey . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. http://www.diamondbackssale.com/diamondbacks-wilmer-flores-jersey/ . JOHNS, N. Randy Johnson Diamondbacks Jersey . The All-Pro lineman got the leg bent under him while trying to make a tackle during the first half of a 22-20 overtime loss at Miami on Thursday night. The medical staff initially thought hed torn the ligament, and the test a day later in Cincinnati confirmed it. Luis Gonzalez Diamondbacks Jersey . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. ROCHESTER, Minn. -- A couple of California college kids who came north for a nonstop summer of baseball relaxed in the shaded grandstand one bright afternn, before the gates opened and the Rochester Honkers hosted the Mankato MnDogs.The two teams had just played a lunch-time game in Mankato and bused 80-some-miles across the flat farmland of south-central Minnesota to Rochester for the second half of this dual-city doubleheader, part of the 72-games-in-76-days schedule in the flourishing, fostering Northwds League.Theres nothing Id rather be doing than be out here, said Casey Worden, a senior-to-be at UC Riverside who homered in the first game that day for the Honkers.The teammates marveled at the abundance of green grass around the five-state, one-province ftprint of the league. They missed seeing the mountains but not the smoggy sky.And theres actually stars at night, said Mark Contreras, another UC Riverside rising senior.Future stars arent hard to find on the field, either.With Curtis Granderson, Chris Sale and Max Scherzer among the alumni, the Northwds League has served as a meaningful stepping stone for many a college player to a professional career over two-plus decades. The reach of this 18-teams-and-growing league designed to simulate the minor league grind has only increased.I enjoy playing the game. Its a muse to me, Contreras said. If the draft does happen for me, then I have that confidence Ive lasted that many games and can do it here.The Northwds League founders werent sure how long it would last past its 1994 inception. Dick Radatz Jr., a former college player with operational and promotional experience in the minor leagues and with major league spring training in Florida, needed a job and wanted to stay in the sport. So he helped spawn the league with a $25,000 down payment that drained his savings. There were five teams then, two of which remain in operation in their original city.A little bit of inspiration and a little bit of desperation, Radatz said. In the early years we were robbing Peter to pay Paul. If you had a gd night in Wausau you had to get that money down to Dubuque to pay those bills.With a shorter season than the minors, the Northwds League had fewer bad-weather nights on which to sell tickets. Games were affordable for families, and some teams created all-inclusive party decks to keep 20-somethings coming. The first alumnus to reach the majors, Jeff Weaver, debuted in 1999 for the Detroit Tigers.The for-profit model, with 5 percent of team revenues redirected to the league, fueled investment in innovation like an in-house webcast on track to feature four high-definition cammeras at every site by next year.dddddddddddd. So many season subscriptions were sold that Ggle and YouTube started asking the league questions about its success. This year brought three-man umpire crews.Now the new-franchise fee is $1 million. League-wide attendance this summer entering the weekend was 1,597 per game, with a league-high average of 5,681 fans flocking to see the Madison Mallards. Next year could bring one to four expansion teams. The number of all-time alumni to reach the majors rose this month to 153 , with more than half since 2011 and 56 active this season.This is the best competition Ive seen my entire life, said MnDogs All-Star Jordan Kozicky, a Minneapolis native who redshirted his freshman year at Minnesota.Current college enrollment is the only prerequisite for participation, with clubs recruiting players through connections at various NCAA programs. Strict rules protect pitchers, such as five days of rest required after appearances of 100-plus pitches. Relievers cant pitch on consecutive days.Gracious hosts house and feed the players when theyre in town.Its truly like a second family. They treat you like one of their own, Worden said.Travel is an integral part of the experience. The North Division stretches 500-plus miles from Thunder Bay, Ontario, to Waterl, Iowa. The eight teams in Wisconsin have a long way to go around the lake to get to Battle Creek or Kalamaz in Michigan. Yes, thats a lot of napping. Its also time for players from different regions to bond over pizza or Mafia, the group strategy game that gets top billing on the MnDogs bus.Anything thats this compacted is going to bring the best out of you, Honkers pitching coach Demetre Kokoris said. The more adversity, the better. The more games you play, the more scenarios that come up. Im a firm believer that the more challenging you can make things, the better off it is.The Cape Cod League, with 292 alumni playing in the majors in 2015 alone, has long been the amateur-league summer standard for pro prospects. It has 10 teams no more than an hour apart playing a 44-game schedule. Naturally, the Northwds Leaguers are proud of their bus miles and game logs.I just focus on trying to get better every day and playing the game hard because you love it, said MnDogs All-Star Jake Shepski, a Chicago-area native playing at Notre Dame who entered the weekend with a league-best .384 batting average and ranked in the top five in homers and RBI. Then I think everything will just work out the way its supposed to. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 87 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen