. We always have Brazilians in the other corners.

in Mitglieder 05.09.2019 09:34
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants must think they have a shot at ending their four-year playoff drought.After bolstering their league-worst defense with the free agent signings of end Olivier Vernon, tackle Damon Snacks Harrison, linebacker Keenan Robinson and cornerback Janoris Jenkins and the re-signing of end Jason Pierre-Paul, the Giants dug into their pockets again on Thursday and signed unrestricted free agent cornerback Leon Hall.The signing of Hall a week after players reported to training camp gives new coach Ben McAd a veteran who knows how to play in the slot in passing situations.That was one of the big question marks in the revamped defense, while adding depth to the secondary.He is a versatile guy, defensive crdinator Steve Spagnuolo said Thursday. He is an experienced vet and I think he can bring some things to the package, so we can do some multiple things that maybe we didnt have a chance to do until this point.The Giants have come into camp debating whether to use either Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie, rkie Eli Apple or journeyman Trevin Wade in the slot, a position that combines coverage ability with a run-stopping capability.Hall did that in his nine seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals, and was gd at it.The Giants now have to get him ready. He had back surgery after last season. He worked out for the Giants on Wednesday, flew home to Cincinnati and returned to sign his new contract. He watched practice from the sideline on Thursday.Talent is definitely there, Hall said of the defense. I know that they expect better and I think that they will be better. This is the first practice Ive seen and they lked pretty gd and I know the talent is there.Hall needs to learn the defense, the new terminology and to get used to playing with new teammates.Spagnuolo said that will take a little time. While Hall can play both inside and outside, he envisions that Hall will play inside.Its bitter-sweet, Hall said of leaving Cincinnati. It was a tough decision to make. Obviously, my family is back there, so thats number one. Like I said, I felt comfortable here and I felt gd about where this team is going. I like Coach McAd and really what hes been doing since he got here. Like I said, I just went off my gut instincts and I feel comfortable here.Spagnuolo joked that with all the new additions, he is now under pressure.We are piecing it together, he said. The more talent you can get with really gd coaching, the better chance you have of doing gd.The defense was not gd last season, finishing 32nd in the league. It failed to hold six games either late in the fourth quarter or in overtime.Linebacker Jonathan Casillas felt the defense let former coach Tom Coughlin down in a second consecutive 6-10 season that led to a coaching change.Its tough to swallow when you wear that number on your back, No. 32, Casillas said. Like I said we are all grown men, responsible and hungry human beings and we want to do better, and we will do better.A first-round draft pick of Cincinnati in 2007, Hall played all nine of his seasons with the Bengals, starting 109 of 125 games, including the playoffs. He had two interceptions last season, giving him 26 in his career. The Michigan product had 470 tackles, three interceptions returned for touchdowns, 112 passes defensed, five forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.To make roster space, the Giants waived cornerback Tramain Jacobs, who had three special teams tackles in five games last season.Game notes PK Josh Brown returned to practice after missing a day for personal reasons. ... WR Odell Beckham Jr. (lower leg) and TE Matt LaCosse (knee) did not practice. ...Rkie Sterling Shepard had a couple of nice catches.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Jack Lambert Womens Jersey . But now that hes in the NHL, the Calgary Flames centre showed big improvement in that department by scoring the winner in the eighth round of a 5-4 shtout victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday. Kevin Greene Steelers Jersey . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. http://www.steelerspronfl.com/Youth-Greg-Lloyd-Elite-Jersey/ . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. Rocky Bleier Steelers Jersey . Hargreaves began his career in 2008 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and has played with the Edmonton Eskimos and last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Franco Harris Youth Jersey . Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night. Jose Aldo lked so sharp in his UFC 200 return against Frankie Edgar that one might assume he could read his opponents thoughts.Apparently that might not be t far from the truth.During a media day on Wednesday at his Nova Uniao gym in Rio de Janeiro, Aldo (26-2) told reporters that he had a spy planted in Edgars camp during the lead-up to their July 9 rematch in Las Vegas, which Aldo won by unanimous decision to claim the UFCs interim featherweight title.Aldo removed any doubt that he wasnt the same fighter after losing his 145-pound title in 13 seconds to Conor McGregor in December by the convincing nature in which he controlled Edgar. But he did so curiously by attempting very few kicks over the five-round bout.It was a strategy that Aldo says he admits was by design, in an effort to lessen Edgars wrestling advantage by avoiding takedowns.We had a few spies from the other side, people that were training close to him the entire week, and they always came and talked to us, Aldo said. So I had to stop kicking and [using] my left hand, because he would counter on that.Aldo, who defended his title by a close decision against Edgar during their first meeting in February 2013, had a much easier time in the rematch but shutting down Edgars offense with clean counter strikes.I have already fought him before, aand I have studied him, so what I tried to do was break him during the fight, Aldo told ESPN.ddddddddddddcom after the bout.While Aldo withheld the name of his spy, he admitted this wasnt the first time he employed a fellow Brazilian to secretly scout an opponents training routine and strategy during fight week.Thank God it always happens, man, Aldo said. We always have Brazilians in the other corners. When I go train in the first day, I also see the list of cornerman. And, if theres a Brazilian, we go after him and ask him to take a lk, because that helps a lot.Edgars head coach, Mark Henry, responded to Aldos comments by telling MMAFighting.com that he wasnt concerned.I dont care, Henry said. I couldnt care less. I think we should have been able to adjust anyway.Aldo, 29, went unbeaten for a full decade before the first-round knockout loss to McGregor at UFC 194, and made sure to call out the Irish star following his defeat of Edgar. A unification rematch is expected later this year, regardless of whether McGregor is victorious in his Aug. 20 rematch at welterweight against Nick Diaz. My message to him is youre the next and I will regain my championship, Aldo told ESPN.com. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 237 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen