some wiggle room. Its a lot more fun." Mike

in TeeLeague 30.08.2019 02:17
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Josh Leivo credited his hat trick Saturday to a wake-up call from Marlies coaching staff. Leivo was also reunited with Greg McKegg, and the combination helped Leivo end a 12-game goalless drought as the Marlies beat the Utica Comets 5-2 to win for the third time in four games. "I was playing sloppy and the coaches got on me a little bit obviously to motivate me and thats what they did," said Levio. "Im happy for it and I cant thank them enough for helping me out there." Uticas loss was its second in as many nights following a 5-2 defeat to Rochester on Friday night. The Comets (11-18-3) opened the scoring at 15 as Alexandre Grenier put home his own rebound for his 10th of the season. Toronto (19-11-3) tied it 1-1 on a Korbinian Holzer first-period goal. Leivo and Spencer Abbott scored in the second period to take a 3-1 lead into the third. Leivo added his second of the night early in the third and completed the hat trick into an empty net with 19 seconds remaining in the game. McKegg, who first played alongside Levio last season, assisted on two of Leivos goals. Toronto head coach Steve Spott said a meeting Friday with Maple Leafs VP of Hockey Operations Dave Poulin prompted the change of linemates for Leivo. "We agreed maybe giving Josh an opportunity to play with Greg McKegg," said Spott. "When he was having success earlier in the year, Josh was playing with Greg McKegg and they had some chemistry." Kellan Lain pulled the Comets to 4-2 at 12:05 of the third, but thats as close as Utica would get. Joacim Eriksson, who was making his first start since being re-assigned by the Vancouver Canucks on Jan. 2, made 26 saves for his 11th loss of the season. Garret Sparks made 25 saves to pick up his second win in as many starts. Wade MacLeod had an excellent chance to tie it 1-1 at 5:00 of the first, on a partial break, but was turned aside by the left pad of Eriksson. Holzer got the Marlies on the board eight minutes later on a power play, one-timing a Stuart Percy feed past the glove hand of Eriksson for his third of the season. Leivo gave Toronto a 2-1 lead at 7:42 of the second period, picking up a lose puck in the slot and beating Eriksson. Abbott made it 3-1 at 124 of the second when he fired in a MacLeod rebound, beating Eriksson though his shot rang off the post. With the goal, Abbott tied defenceman T.J. Brennan for the Marlies team-lead in points with 31. The Marlies made it 4-1 on Leivos second of the night, and seventh of the season, on a power play at 2:50 of the third. Toronto finished 2 for 5 on the power play while Utica went scoreless on five chances. The Marlies head out on the road for their next seven games starting on Jan. 10 with back-to-back contests in St. Johns, N.L. Notes: The Marlies recalled G Christopher Gibson from the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL on Saturday. Marlies G Drew MacIntyre, who made 31 saves in Fridays 6-3 loss against Syracuse, was scratched with a lower-body injury. According to Spott, MacIntyre suffered the injury Dec. 31 in Grand Rapids. ... Toronto F Sam Carrick missed Saturdays game with the flu. ... The Marlies and Comets, who meet four more times this season, face each other next on Feb. 16. Archie Manning Womens Jersey . The Canucks figured to be active prior to Wednesdays trade deadline, getting a jump on things the previous day when they dealt goaltender Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers for netminder Jacob Markstrom and forward Shawn Matthias. Drew Brees Youth Jersey . According to a report from CSN Bay Area, the 49ers are bracing for 6-8 game suspension for their outside linebacker. http://www.authenticsaintssportsonline.c...tz-gold-jersey/. The seventh-ranked Berdych wants to focus on the ATP Tour after helping the Czechs beat the Netherlands in the first round. Seeking their third straight Davis Cup title, the Czechs will rely again on veteran Radek Stepanek. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson Youth Jersey . Kuper, a fifth-round pick in Denvers 2006 draft, started 79 games at guard over eight seasons. He dislocated his left ankle in the last game of the 2011 regular season, and though he started another seven games after that, he never returned to his previous level. TreQuan Smith Womens Jersey . Mike Trout, Josh Hamilton and Kole Calhoun all homered to help the Los Angeles Angels get their first win of the season with an 11-1 rout of the Houston Astros.MIAMI -- Todd Frazier had a season-high four hits Sunday, including three on one gd ft. Frazier hobbled after being spiked on his left ft on a play at first base in the third inning, but he stayed in the game to help the Cincinnati Reds break out of an offensive slump and beat the Miami Marlins 7-3. Afterward, Frazier was smiling even though he said his ft was throbbing. The Reds improved to 5-11 since the All-Star break and scored more than five runs for the first time during that stretch. "Everybody did a gd job manufacturing runs," Frazier said. "We were hitting singles. We do have the power, but it goes to show you that we know how to get runs in doing little stuff." Cincinnati totalled 15 hits, all but one a single. Billy Hamilton scored three times and Devin Mesoraco hit a two-run single as the Reds built a 7-1 advantage -- the sort of cushion unfamiliar to them lately. "It was great to get the separation and build the lead," manager Bryan Price said. "Its nice to have some wiggle rm. Its a lot more fun." Mike Leake (9-9) struggled with his control but allowed only one run in six innings to help the Reds take three of four games in Miami. They are 4 1/2 games behind NL Central leader Milwaukee. "Were still in this," Leake said. "Weve still got a chance. Its up to us if we want to bear down and make it gd year, or we want to throw it in." The Marlins managed only eight runs and 24 hits in the series, and theyve lost to Cincinnati in eight of their past nine games. Jacob Turner (4-7), starting in place of injured right-hander Henderson Alvarez, allowed five runs in four innings. That hiked his ERA to 5.97. "I just couldnt locate the fastball," Turner said. "I left t many pitches over the middle. When youre doing that on 2-0 counts, its a tough way to pitch." Zack Cozarts two-out RBI single in the second put Cincinnati ahead. In the third inning, Hamilton and Jay Bruce each singled, stole second and scored. Bruce singled home Hamilton and sccored on a double by Ryan Ludwick.dddddddddddd. Two-out, run-scoring singles by Hamilton and Frazier in the fourth made it 5-0. The Reds went 7 for 18 with runners in scoring position. Garrett Jones hit his 12th homer for the Marlins, who totalled five hits. They went 1 for 9 with runners in scoring position. A MIXED AFTERNN Giancarlo Stanton, the NL leader in home runs and RBIs, struck out four times for the second Sunday in a row. But he also robbed Kristopher Negron of an RBI extra-base hit when he made a long run for an over-the-shoulder catch near the right-field foul pole in the second inning. LEAKES DAY Leake improved to 3-0 with a 1.93 ERA in three career starts against Miami. He allowed only three hits but walked four. The right-hander escaped a bases-loaded, none-out jam in the third without allowing a run. Jordany Valdespin hit into a forceout, Stanton struck out and Casey McGehee grounded out. "Not my best stuff, but I was able to throw some pitches when I needed to," Leake said. TRAINERS RM First baseman Frazier found himself in an awkward position when he couldnt find the base with his left ft, and Valdespin stepped on it. "Im lucky -- he could have taken my ankle right out," Frazier said. "He had no rm to get to the bag." Frazier came away limping, which earned him a visit from the trainer and Price. "With as many injuries as weve had over the course of the year, I said, boy, not one more," Price said. "We avoided disaster there." ON DECK The Reds open a four-game series at Cleveland on Monday when Alfredo Simon (12-6, 2.84 ERA) pitches against Corey Kluber (11-6, 2.61). Simon is 0-3 since his first All-Star selection. The Reds have lost their past nine games in Cleveland, and theyre 0-5 on the road against American League teams this year. The Marlins are off Monday and open a three-game series at Pittsburgh on Tuesday when Brad Hand (2-3, 4.15) pitches against Charlie Morton (5-10, 3.54). Miami has lost six consecutive games in Pittsburgh. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 193 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen