.BOCA RATON, Fla. - Fans and exec

in TeeLeague 28.08.2019 02:24
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. After three-time reigning mens titlist Novak Djokovic lost here on Tuesday, fifth-seeded Pole Agnieszka Radwanska tk down two-time defending champion Victoria Azarenka 6-1, 5-7, 6-0 on Wednesday to set up a semifinal match with Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia. "Im so happy and pleased, especially that I beat one of the best players in the world," Radwanska said. "Was not easy draw, not easy quarterfinal. Im very happy that I made my first semifinal here." The second-seeded Azarenkas 18-match winning streak in Melbourne came to a halt on Day 10. She was trying to become the first woman to win the singles title here in three consecutive years, or since Martina Hingis turned the trick from 1997-99. Radwanska, who ended a streak of three consecutive quarterfinal defeats at the Aussie Open, committed just 15 unforced errors compared to 47 for Azarenka. "She was aggressive. She was making everything. She was guessing right. I was just playing a little bit t predictive, you know," Azarenka said. Azarenka had been a dominant 12-3 lifetime against her fellow 24-year-old Radwanska, including a come-from-behind Aussie quarterfinal victory two years ago. Meanwhile, the 20th-seeded Cibulkova cruised past 11th-seeded Romanian Simona Halep 6-3, 6-0 in a match that lasted just 60 minutes to secure her spot in the final four. The 24-year-old Cibulkova, who stunned No. 3 seed Maria Sharapova in the fourth round on Monday, is the first woman from Slovakia to reach the Aussie Open semis since Daniela Hantuchova in 2008. The diminutive Cibulkova improved to 2-3 in quarterfinal matches at Grand Slams, with her other win coming at the 2009 French Open. "That time I was 19 years old. I was pretty young. I would say also a different player. You know, I am much more experienced," Cibulkova said. Halep, who upended former world No. 1 Jelena Jankovic in the fourth round, appeared overwhelmed in her Grand Slam quarterfinal debut. "No, just I couldnt play today. I had emotions, big emotions, and I couldnt manage this," she said. "Before the match I was very nervous and I didnt feel the ball at all. I couldnt move my body and I couldnt play." Fourth-seeded Chinese star Li Na and 30th-seeded blossoming 19-year- old Canadian Eugenie Bouchard will meet in the other semifinal on Thursday. The former French Open champion Li is a two-time runner-up at Melbourne Park, including last year against Azarenka. Marcos Alonso Chelsea Jersey . And all things considered, the first 40 games have offered a little bit of everything from a hockey club that faced many questions in its first year under new management, with a new head coach and with a number of new faces in the lineup. However, with a recent dip in scoring, it seems some of the same old questions persist and several new ones have been raised after a somewhat troubling homestand. NGolo Kante Chelsea Jersey .com) - It may just be the right place and the right opponent for the Detroit Red Wings to snap their longest losing streak of the season. http://www.chelseafcproshop.com/Kids-Rub...s-Cheek-Jersey/. Bilbaos first victory in four rounds lifted it four points clear of Real Sociedad and kept it in command of Spains last Champions League berth for next season. In contrast, Betis was left 11 points from safety after a dismal performance that at times bordered on self-destruction amid some questionable refereeing decisions. Eden Hazard Jersey . "I was so nervous," Hadley said Sunday after winning the Puerto Rico Open for his first PGA Tour victory. "I did not eat well last night. Callum Hudson-Odoi Chelsea Jersey . - Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin has cleared league-mandated concussion protocol and has returned to practice as a full participant.BOCA RATON, Fla. - Fans and executives of teams that can spend up to the salary cap should put their rivalries aside to rt for the Canadian dollar.Thats because the value of the lnie for the rest of this NHL season will help determine just how far the cap deviates from the preliminary estimate of US$73 million the board of governors was given Monday. Commissioner Gary Bettman, owners and general managers will continue to watch the lnie carefully.Our best guess, and its got some variation in it, is that if the Canadian stays where it is now for the rest of the season, which is about 88 cents, that the cap for next season would be approximately $73 million, Bettman said. Thats a guess, its subject to variation, and it also assumes that the Canadian dollar stays where it is now.The NHL, more than any other major professional sports league, is beholden to the Canadian dollar because it has 23 U.S.-based franchises and seven in Canada. The Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens generate significant revenue, but when the Canadian dollar is weak, that amount is less when its converted to U.S. fundds.ddddddddddddBettman cautioned that the estimate of $73 million (and flr of $54 million) is not carved in stone. Much of the uncertainty has to do with the fluctuation of the Canadian dollar.Obviously if the Canadian dollar rises relative to the U.S. dollar, the cap will go up a little bit, and if it goes down the Canadian dollar, the cap will go down a little bit, but thats the universe that were in, Bettman said.Bettman added that any speculation about the cap going down from $69 million would require either a lack of understanding of the way the system works or the economy of Canada ceasing to exist, and thats not going to happen.General managers, even those of U.S.-based teams, have to care about the health of the lnie because of what it means to next years budget.Here we are in (December) and we have the Canadian Dollar fluctuating so much, you sort of lk at it, digest it, talk about it when you get home with your people, your general manager, your cap people, Columbus Blue Jackets president John Davidson said. Its nothing out of the ordinary.___Follow @SWhyno on Twitter ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 9 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen