ther showdown with Michigan. Payn

in TeeLeague 28.08.2019 02:24
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

TORONTO – Since the electric days of his first training camp with the Maple Leafs in the fall of 2009, Nazem Kadri has been a lightning rod in the city of Toronto, a constant source of attention in times both gd and bad. "I learned that the first year I came here, not to pay attention to many people outside the dressing rm," the 23-year-old said on a noisy Friday afternn. "All those blogs, newspapers and people saying what they want to say, they have their own opinion, but at the end of the day Im not hearing it." Kadri is trudging through the longest slump of what is, in reality, a brief NHL career. Though he remains on pace for a respectable 19 goals and 47 points, he has just one goal in the past 16 games and a quiet 14 points since the start of November – a stretch of 31 games. "I think its been decent," said Kadri of his season so far, which has him sitting fourth in team scoring with 27 points. "[But] I know I can bring a lot better. Obviously, everyone expects a lot more, which is a little flattering to say the least, because people believe in you and understand that you can give more to the team. No one expects more than I expect from myself." In midst of those struggles is bubbling trade speculation, which Toronto general manager Dave Nonis addressed in an interview with TSN Radio on Thursday. "Theres a lot of interest in Nazem Kadri," said Nonis. "Would we be willing to trade him? Yes, wed be willing to trade him. But theres a big difference between willing to and trying to." Kadri, for one, has no interest in a potential move. "Itd be terrible," Kadri said of a possible trade. "I dont see it happening and I dont want it to happen. This is my home, this is where I want to be and til otherwise Im going to give them everything I have." Though his career seems like its spanned ages in Toronto, Kadri is still just 23 and midway through only his second NHL season. The point is, hes young with plenty of opportunity and time for growth and development ahead. Patience is a virtue often lost, however, on youthful talent in this city. A first round selection of the organization in 2002, Alex Steen, for example, was dealt to St. Louis as a 24-year-old, gradually evolving into one of the games better two-way forwards with the Blues. Nonis has pledged an unwillingness to repeat such mistakes, firm in his stance that young talent only be moved if something was similar was gained in return. Unlike last season, when Kadri totaled a blistering 44 points in 48 games, the London, Ontario native has suffered through an extended rough patch, facing more difficult competition in light of injuries – including a 12-game stretch as the teams no. 1 centre – while regressing statistically with some of the luck that made his first full campaign in the NHL so alluring. And unlike October, when he totaled 13 points in 14 games, Kadri and the teams second power-play unit have been unproductive. In fact, he has just one power-play point in the past 19 games. "With him, its back to basics and I thought that he played better [recently], but hasnt had the offensive output," coach Randy Carlyle said of Kadri. "Its up to Nazzie to put his nose to the grindstone, to do the little things, get involved physically, move the puck, keep it simple, and make plays when hes inside the blueline – deep enough that we dont have to risk the turnover." "It just seems like pucks are hitting skates or goalies are just getting a piece of it and theyre hanging on the goal-lines, hitting posts – Ive had the whole nine yards over the past couple weeks," said Kadri, who last scored in New York on Dec. 23. "Hopefully, my lucks going to change because it can only get better from here." His line, which includes Joffrey Lupul and Mason Raymond, has been quiet and kept in in tow. Lupul has gone pointless in 12 of the past 18 games, while Raymond has a mere two goals in 21 outings. "[The] past few games weve been sniffing," said Kadri, confidence dinged but not broken. "I think every single game were up to four, five, six, sometimes seven scoring chances a game – A-plus scoring chances – so its only a matter of time before those pucks start finding the back of the net and we get that confidence and swagger back." It was only last season, albeit in the American League, that Kadri endured similar struggles with the Marlies. He scored just twice in the first 18 games (with the NHL locked out) and was scratched by then-head coach Dallas Eakins in early November. Outside noise was then, like it is presently, loud and sometimes lacking in the realities that come with the development of a young player. Kadri, who emerged from that spell with 10 points in four games, is well schled to taking it all in stride. "Its not like Im going home, turning on the radio to listen to what everyone has to say because at the end of the day it doesnt really matter," he said. "Ive got to worry about myself and what I can contribute to the team." Jerome Boateng Germany Jersey . The Missouri Tigers Defensive End and SEC Defensive player of the year is eligible for the upcoming NFL draft in May. Marc-Andre ter Stegen Jersey . - Mike Zimmer has brought a demanding style to the Minnesota Vikings. http://www.germanysoccerpro.com/Sami-Khedira-Germany-Jersey/. - The Baltimore Ravens and tight end Dennis Pitta reached agreement on a five-year contract Friday. Joshua Kimmich Jersey . Reimer is winless (0-2-1) since returning from a six-week absence due to concussion-like symptoms. The Maple Leafs dropped a 4-2 decision to the hosting Washington Capitals on Friday. Leon Goretzka Germany Jersey . Next up is another showdown with Michigan. Payne scored 18 points, Branden Dawson had 14 and No. 22 Michigan State beat No. 12 Wisconsin 83-75 on Saturday to reach the Big Ten tournament championship.St. Louis, MO (SportsNetwork.com) - T.J. Oshie scored the lone goal in the shtout to lift the St. Louis Blues to a 5-4 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday. Oshie, the Blues first shter, patiently skated through the slot, got Cam Ward to bite on a fake and lifted a shot into the top of the net. Jake Allen made Oshies effort stand as he stopped all three shters, including a slick glove save on Alexander Semin to end the game. Vladimir Tarasenko, Jaden Schwartz, Alexander Steen and Patrik Berglund all scored in regulation for the Blues, who won their fourth straight game. Allen stopped 19-of-20 shots in relief of Brian Elliott, who allowed three goals on 10 shots during the first period. Jeff Skinner and Victor Rask each tallied a goal and an assist, while Eric Staal and Riley Nash also lit the lamp for the Hurricanes, who were coming off a 5-2 win over Buffalo on Thursday. Ward allowed four goals on 35 shots in defeat. Carolina tk a 4-3 lead with under five minutes to play in the second. Nash gathered a bouncing puck at the left side of the net and snapped a shot that deflected off a few players in the crease and off the goal post before crossing the goal line. Tarasenko worked his way off the boards, released a shot in close and knocked the rebound into the net for a tie game with 13:14 to play. With under two minutes to play in overtime, Blues defenseman Jay Bouwmeestter had his goal waved off as it was ruled Berglund made contact with Ward at the top of the crease.dddddddddddd Carolina started the scoring just two minutes into the game. Rask slapped a shot from along the left boards that deflected off the skate of a St. Louis defender and into the net. Steen tied the game after he tk a pass through the crease and fired a shot over the shoulder of Ward Skinner stripped a defender of the puck, stepped into the slot and sent a wrister over the glove of Elliott for a 2-1 lead at 7:23. The Hurricanes did not relent. Five minutes later, Staal charged into the zone on a breakaway and slipped a backhander past a sliding Elliott, giving Carolina a 3-1 lead and forcing the Blues to change goaltenders. St. Louis scored twice early in the second to tie the game. Schwartz intercepted a Carolina pass, faked a shot in the slot and jammed the puck past Wards stick at 4:07 and Berglund wristed a shot past a screened Ward for a 3-3 game 54 seconds later. Game Notes The NHL released its All-Star game roster on Saturday. Tarasenko and defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk will represent St. Louis, while defenseman Justin Faulk was selected from the Hurricanes ... Steen extended his point streak to six games ... Carolina forward Elias Lindholm played in his 100th NHL game ... The two teams will meet again on Jan. 30 at PNC Arena. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 169 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen