Hooker knocked down 11 of

in Mitglieder 27.08.2019 10:33
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- ?? All those big sluggers and not one timely hit.For the Toronto Blue Jays and their power-packed lineup, the first game of the AL Championship Series was about wasted opportunities.The Blue Jays had runners in scoring position in each of the first four innings but left them there as Cleveland Indians ace Corey Kluber worked out of the jams . Toronto finished 0 for 5 in those situations and stranded eight in all during a 2-0 loss Friday night.It wasnt like we faced the average Joe out there and he struggled, manager John Gibbons said. Kluber is one of the elite pitchers in the game.Francisco Lindors two-run homer in the sixth was the difference as the Blue Jays lost for the first time in five games this postseason.Toronto squandered a six-hitter from Marco Estrada -- the teams first complete game all year.I dont think it was a lack of something we did, Gibbons said. I just thought they pitched that well, as did we.The Blue Jays will try to even the best-of-seven series Saturday when 20-game winner J.A. Happ starts against Josh Tomlin.Toronto led all playoff teams by hitting .478 with runners in scoring position during the Division Series, after lacking that sort of production in the regular season. The Blue Jays batted .249 with RISP this year, which ranked 24th in the majors.Over the final eight regular-season games, the Blue Jays were 13 for 66 (.197) with one double in those situations. They couldnt move runners past second base on Friday either, stranding six in the first four innings.Their best opportunity came in the first inning when Josh Donaldson singled with one out and went to third on a double by Edwin Encarnacion. Kluber then struck out Jose Bautista and got Russell Martin to ground weakly to first.In the second, Devon Travis grounded into an inning-ending double play with two on. Martin whiffed to end a threat with two on in the third.You always have your work cut out for you when Kluber is out there, Martin said. Even with guys in scoring position, if he makes his pitches hes able to strike anybody out. Obviously we had our chances, we just didnt come through.Toronto also put runners on in the fourth, sixth and eighth but couldnt get anybody past second base.In the eighth, reliever Andrew Miller gave up a single to Donaldson but then struck out the heart of the Blue Jays order: Encarnacion, Bautista and Martin.I made some mistakes early on, and they were able to take advantage of them with base hits, Kluber said. But its really trying to stick with the same approach -- get ahead of them and put them in defensive counts, so theyre not key-holing one pitch.Kluber struck out six while scattering six hits over 6 1/3 innings. Cody Allen pitched the ninth for a save.Kluber is pretty gd, thats all I know, Gibbons said . Hes got arguably the best right-hand breaking ball in the game. And he kept us honest with enough fastballs. And hes got that razor-blade slider thats tough to do anything with. A big strikeout pitch for him. He gets a lot of weak contact on them, really.Kluber is 2-0 this postseason with 13 strikeouts in 13 1/3 shutout innings.If youre a fan of pitching it was a dream game for you, Gibbons said. We got some guys on base early, a lot of the innings, we couldnt get that big hit. Lindor got the big hit.---Follow Mitch Stacy at http://twitter.com/mitchstacyFor some of his other recent stories: http://bigstory.ap.org/content/mitch-stacy Jeurys Familia Mets Jersey . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. Adeiny Hechavarria Jersey . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. den-jersey/" target="_blank">http://www.metssale.com/mets-dwight-gden-jersey/ . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shtaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Gregor Blanco Mets Jersey . Third-seeded Murray had the easiest path to victory on New Years Eve, barely breaking a sweat during his 6-0, 6-0 win over 2,129th-ranked Qatari wildcard recipient Mousa Shanan Zayed. Travis dArnaud Mets Jersey . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. ALAMEDA, Calif. -- First-round draft pick Karl Josephs debut on defense is coming three weeks later than he had hoped and maybe a few weeks earlier than the Raiders planned.With Oaklands pass defense still stinging after back-to-back thumpings by Drew Brees and Matt Ryan, coach Jack Del Rio is open to seeing what Joseph can do.Im excited to see him play, Del Rio said Friday. I know hes excited to get a chance to play. We plan on playing him. Hes had a really gd week of practice. I feel like weve had a gd solid week of preparation and were excited to go play.Joseph has not played at all on defense this season. His 16 plays of experience have come on special teams, a notable change from the preseason and in training camp when the 14th-overall pick in this years draft lined up with the starters.Keith McGill, a converted cornerback who was buried on the depth chart, was the surprising starter in Oaklands season-opening win over New Orleans and against last week in the home loss to Atlanta.Although Del Rio declined to say who would start against the Titans, Joseph and McGill split reps at practice this week in anticipation of both playing.My mindset is just to stay ready, Joseph said this week. Im just going to stay ready so whenever I make my opportunity, Im going to make the best of it. Im hungry. I want to be out there. It hurt me to not be out there.Del Rio, who earlier this week sounded regretful for not having played Joseph on defense against the Falcons, said the first-round pick beenefited from being on the sidelines through the first two games.ddddddddddddIt) gave him a chance to see from that perspective and grow as a young player, maybe catch up on some of the time that we didnt have during the offseason when he wasnt able to go as much, Del Rio said. What Im most impressed with is his attitude has been great. He works hard. Hes conscientious. Hes got some explosive abilities as a ftball player. I feel gd about the way hes preparing.The Raiders head into Sundays game against the Titans with the top-ranked offense. Oakland is also third in scoring, fourth in red zone efficiency and third in rushing.Yet much of that has gotten overlked because of the problems the team has had defensively , something Del Rio hopes to change by shaking up the defense.The Raiders are also expected to start sixth-round draft pick Cory James at middle linebacker in place of Ben Heeney.Game notes Backup offensive lineman Austin Howard (ankle) remained out of practice and will not play in Tennessee. Backup right tackle Matt McCants (knee) is also out. . Cornerback David Amerson (concussion), center Rodney Hudson (knee), right guard Gabe Jackson (knee), kick returner Taiwan Jones (knee), defensive tackle Darius Latham (concussion) and defensive lineman Jihad Ward (hip) are all probable.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 78 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen