s on a shelf, just in case.Gatlin could still run the 200

in Clan- und Funwars 26.08.2019 09:30
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- Manti Teo is just one of the guys. Hes confident he can be a three-down linebacker in the NFL. It takes some serious leverage to play against tight end Antonio Gates. Being drafted by the San Diego Chargers has put the former Notre Dame star in a "perfect place" because of the support from those in the organization. Oh, and Teo and some friends "just chilled and had a gd time" last month in Hollywd at a party hosted by Maxim magazine, which included Teos fake girlfriend on its list of the worlds 100 hottest women. Kept largely off limits since the draft by rkie head coach Mike McCoy, Teo was allowed to speak with reporters for the first time in more than a month as the Chargers opened minicamp Tuesday. Questions about ftball outnumbered the ones about the fallout from him being the target of a hoax involving a fake girlfriend. Teo said hes had no problem putting behind him the issues that dogged him since they surfaced in January. "When were out on the ftball field, everything else doesnt matter," he said. "Thankfully for me, Im surrounded by a bunch of teammates who have really pushed me to be better. All they care about is that No. 50 is working his butt off. Ill take care of the work ethic part and for them, they just make sure that Im going in the right direction. Personally, that hasnt been difficult at all. "We have a saying in the defensive rm: Keep the main thing the main thing. Im here to play ftball. Im here to be the best Charger I can be and Im not going to let anything get in the way of that. Well keep the main thing the main thing." The last time Teo was allowed to speak with reporters was on May 10 during rkie minicamp. Since then the team has had several weeks of organized team activities, which are basically practices in helmets, shorts and jerseys, but no pads. Minicamp is the same thing, with no pads until training camp. Teo said the biggest difference between college and the NFL is technique. "The speed, there are guys that are faster, but for the most part, speed isnt the biggest thing," he said. "Its how everybody is technically sound. For young guys youve just got to learn. You cant just run off blocks, you cant just run through a hole. Youve got to use techniques when you do the simple things. Its those guys who are great at this game who have mastered those little things." There were questions before the draft about whether Teo could handle being a three-down linebacker, including passing situations. "Yeah, its very exciting for me," said Teo, the Heisman Trophy runner-up. "I have confidence in my ability to be a three-down linebacker. For me to go against guys out here like Antonio Gates, whos a future Hall of Famer, and compete with him every day, is only going to get me better." The rkie said going up against Gates is "very difficult. With Antonio Gates, not only does he run crisp routes, but he changes it up on you. He changes his get-offs and he changes the way he comes out of his breaks. And so for a defender youve always got to play him honest. Youve always got to keep your feet moving. Youve always got to win with leverage. ... As each day goes by Im getting better at it." Quarterback Philip Rivers said Teo is "one of the guys. He hasnt been treated differently than any of the other guys, He hasnt acted any differently than any of the other guys. Hes acted himself. Hes lived up to everything thus far that I think is expected of him, both on the field and off." Actually, Teo was the only Chargers player kept away from the media. "Coach and the organization had a plan for me," Teo said. "That plan was to prepare me the best way for the season. Were out here for ftball. I think thats the bottom line. The plan was for me to focus on ftball, focus on getting my head in the playbk and just trying to make that transition as quickly as possible. I definitely have reaped the benefits of that and am thankful that Ive had the time to just focus on the plays and focus on what goes on on the field. That has definitely helped me improve each day." Teo said the biggest thing hes learned from the veterans is to "just come in and work hard. The worst thing you can do is be somebody that they have to push. And so for me, one of the strengths has always been my work ethic." Dwight Howard Magic Jersey .4 million title. Ryan Riess emerged with the title after a session in which he started behind, but used expert skill to gather the chips to his side amid the unpredictability of no-limit Texas Hold em. Riess put his final opponent Jay Farber all-in with an Ace-King. Nikola Vucevic Jersey . Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play. http://www.magicauthentic.com/kids-grant-hill-magic-jersey/ . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Vince Carter Magic Jersey . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. Aaron Gordon Magic Jersey . After taking two big hits this week -- losing at home and dropping back-to-back games for the first time all season -- Indiana struck back by playing its most complete game of the year. RIO DE JANEIRO -- The bs cascaded down from tens of thousands of throats, filling Olympic Stadium with something uncomfortably close to hate. Whatever miracle Justin Gatlin needed to outrace his doping past and the phenomenal force that is Usain Bolt, it must have melted at that moment.No man can stay in front of Bolt. He carved that fact into posterity on Sunday night by winning his third straight 100-meter gold medal, in 9.81 seconds, with the ease of a man catching a departing bus in his native Jamaica. All summer, even through the first heat of the Olympics, Bolt created a false sense of drama with untimely injuries and lackadaisical times. Gatlin had run faster than Bolt for most of the past two seasons. Why couldnt Gatlin do it here, in Rio, and finally slay the dragon?Because Bolt is always transcendent in the biggest moments. Because hes determined to win three sprint golds in a third Olympics and move past legend into immortality.And because Gatlin finally got tired.I was tired going into the finals, Gatlin said after winning silver with a 9.89, well off the 9.80 he ran six weeks ago at the U.S. Olympic trials.Tired? In the biggest race of his life? After all the physical and mental training needed to climb all the way back from a four-year doping suspension to the cusp of redemption?Yes, the turnaround between the semifinal and final races was shorter than usual -- 1 hour, 25 minutes -- even less for Gatlin because he ran the last semifinal heat. Even Bolt said he was fatigued and called the inexplicably compacted schedule ridiculous and stupid.But there was more weighing Gatlin down than a shortage of time to rest his 34-year-old legs and lungs. Gatlin had to be tired of chasing the 29-year-old Bolt, of pushing the boulder up the hill only to see it roll back down again. Tired of still being branded a cheater for the testosterone he tk 10 years ago. Tired of moralistic fans overlking his humanity.Gatlin tried to say that he didnt hear the bs that rained down as he exited the tunnel and again when he was announced at the starting line, an unprecedented Olympic display that Bolt called shocking. Gatlin tried to say he tuned them out. If this were any other race than his last, best shot to defeat Bolt, he might have stuck to that story.At the end of the day, you hear everything, Gatlin finally admitted.People, when they come out here they get enthralled in the excitement, he continued. And theres a lot of Usain Bolt fans, a lot of Jamaicans. But they dont know me. They dont know Justin.The Rio Games have been dominated by doping past and present, real and imagined. The chaos has been heightened by the International Olympic Committees bumbling, inconsistent and quasi-legal decision-making. If the IOC tried to unilaterally ban Russian athletes who tested positive in the past, many thought, why is Gatlin in the 100-meter final, running faster at his advanced age than he did when he won gold in Athens in 2004?Gatlins doping critics doubled down last season as he ran a series of 9.dddddddddddd7-something times. Every time he showed his face in Rio, the interrogation resumed. Last week, a teenage American swimmer said he didnt belong in these Olympics. And when Gatlin wasnt being asked about doping, people wanted to know why he choked in last years world championships, stumbling to the finish to lose by one-hundredth of a second to an out-of-shape Bolt.So Gatlin was already tired before that short hour between the semifinal and the gold-medal race. He usually has a ferocious lk on his face at the starting line. He has a roaring tiger tatted on his arm because he considers himself an animal when competing. When the camera is on him at the line, he likes to form his hands into claws and pantomime ripping something open. But at the starting line Sunday, after the bs fell, Gatlin lked subdued. Shaken. Like a man sapped of strength before a fight against Superman.Gatlin did summon the courage to launch his trademark fast start, and he led the field for 50 meters. Then Bolt measured Gatlin up, accelerated to his magnificent top speed, and reeled him in. At 70 meters, the race was over. Gatlin wilted as Bolt roared to the finish, with Bolt thumping his chest before he crossed the line. Andre de Grasse of Canada tk the bronze in 9.91 seconds.There will be no redemption for Gatlin. There is no such thing for track and field athletes caught taking performance-enhancing drugs. Like felons stripped of their right to vote, our hunger for heroes and villains deems them beyond rehabilitation.Track and its fans are desperate for Bolt the redeemer. He has never tested positive, but neither did Lance Armstrong. Four of the five fastest men in history used PEDs; Bolt is the only one left unsullied. The doping detectives are just now catching cheaters from the 2004 Olympics. Bolts urine sits on a shelf, just in case.Gatlin could still run the 200 against Bolt in Rio if he makes it beyond Tuesdays preliminaries and into the finals, but the Jamaican is even more invincible in that event. After Gatlin lost the 100, he went into the stands to hug his family, then smiled broadly while taking a victory lap wrapped in the American flag. He is the oldest man to ever win an Olympic track medal. He called that a victory in itself.Gatlin finally left the track. The cameras and microphones were waiting with questions. Near the end of the media gantlet, I was able to get close to the Gatlin, lk him in the eye, and ask: Could you have run faster?He lked back with sad and tired eyes.I guess so, Gatlin said. I just came out and gave it all I had. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 33 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen