out at dinner with his brother Enoch and came hom

in TeeLeague 23.08.2019 02:03
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

LIENZ, Austria -- Overcoming several injury-plagued seasons, Marlies Schild of Austria finally set the best mark for most World Cup slalom victories Sunday by winning her 35th race to overtake Switzerlands Vreni Schneider on top of the all-time list. The 32-year-old Schild is a four-time World Cup slalom champion, but she missed a host of races after breaking a leg in 2008 and then tore ligaments last year. That meant she was stuck on 33 slalom wins for close to two years until winning in Courchevel, France, this month. "My 34th win was a weight off my shoulders," Schild said. "Suddenly everything got easier in training though racing is still something different." Marie-Michele Gagnon of Lac-Etchemin, Que., just missed the podium with a fourth-place finish. Brittany Phelan of Mont-Tremblant, Que., was 11th to lock up a spot for the Sochi Olympics. "As much as it would have been nice to be on the podium Im still happy with fourth," said Gagnon, who has been racing slalom, giant slalom and super-G this year. "By the end of the second run my legs were shot. Im doing all the disciplines and I think its finally catching up to me. "Im going to take a little break and then get back to business." Phelan needed a top-12 result to meet the alpine qualification criteria for Sochi. "It started off shaky and then I got faster and faster down the course," she said. "For the second run I knew I had to clean up the top and I think it went pretty well. I just kind of went for it." Schild got her record-setting win in impressive style. Lying 0.69 seconds behind in sixth after the opening leg, she used a blistering second run to finish in one minute 55.63 seconds and beat American teenager Mikaela Shiffrin, who led the competition after the first run. Shiffrin finished 0.41 behind. Olympic slalom champion Maria Hoefl-Riesch of Germany was third, 0.63 behind Schild. "It was tough for me," said Schild, who celebrated her fourth career win in a Lienz slalom. "I had not a gd feeling in the first run. In the second, my skiing felt really well and I just tried to point my skis down." The victory was Schilds 54th career podium in slalom. She is now tied with fellow Austrian Annemarie Moser-Proell (downhill) for the second most podiums in one discipline. Only another Austrian skier, Renate Goetschl, has more, with 59 top-three finishes in downhill. Shiffrin has never made a secret of her admiration for Schild, making her defeat by the Austrian bearable. "I always want to win but she skied better and was faster," Shiffrin said. "I am OK with taking second place. If she skies better, I am all for it. She is still one of my idols and she keeps inspiring me. As long as I am on the podium with her, I am happy." Shiffrin lost out on the chance to become the youngest winner of five slaloms in one calendar year. At 18 years and 291 days old, the American would have been 67 days younger than Janica Kostelic when the Croatian standout won five slaloms in 2000. However, the missed record didnt bother Shiffrin t much. "I am happy with a podium," Shiffrin said, adding "its a bit disappointing" to lose her first-run lead after failing to find her rhythm in the second. In two years since getting her first podium here in 2011, Shiffrin has 12 top-three finishes including five wins. She lked set for her sixth when she tk the lead after the first run. In an increasingly heavy rain, Shiffrin was slowed by a mistake as she almost skied out four gates from the finish but still beat the field by 0.22. "I felt really gd and the snow was awesome, so all gd," said Shiffrin, who has been dominating slalom racing in 2013, winning the world title and the World Cup discipline title. Shiffrin maintained her lead in this seasons slalom standings with 202 points, two clear of Schild. Hoefl-Riesch went top of the overall standings with 611 points, edging Liechtensteins Tina Weirather by two as well. Many racers struggled with the rainy conditions, with Maria Pietilae-Holmner of Sweden and Kathrin Zettel of Austria, who were second and third respectively after the opening run, failing to finish. Hoefl-Riesch, fourth after the opening run, tk full advantage. "Its a nice feeling," the German said. "Of course I benefited from others not finishing but I am just happy to get to the podium." Having won the overall title in 2011, Hoefl-Riesch is again one of the main contenders for this seasons crystal globe, with four-time champion Lindsey Vonn suffering from a knee injury and defending champion Tina Maze struggling to match her outstanding results from last season. The Slovenian finished more than three seconds off the lead in 15th. "The chance to compete for the overall title hasnt been as gd for a long time as it is now," said Hoefl-Riesch, who is considering Weirather, Austrias Anna Fenninger en Switzerlands Lara Gut as her main challengers. "Regarding the overall title, its gd to earn points here as my rivals dont do slalom." The womens World Cup continues with another slalom next Sunday in Bormio, Italy. Ivan Provorov Jersey .J. -- The Houston Astros had the No. Travis Sanheim Jersey . A spokeswoman for the NLRB says its "a very incremental move" and does not necessarily indicate the board is close to a finding in the case. NFL owners filed an unfair labour charge against the players union in February, arguing that the union was not negotiating a new collective bargaining agreement in gd faith. http://www.flyersteamstoreonline.com/aut...-flyers-jersey/. According to USA Today the Finns have tapped forwards Jarkko Immonen and Sakari Salminen to replace injured forwards Mikko Koivu and Valtteri Filppula at the Sochi Games. Bill Barber Jersey .com) - The surging Montreal Canadiens will try to match their longest winning streak of the season when they visit the Florida Panthers for Saturdays clash at BB&T Center. Dave Schultz Jersey . Balotelli was out at dinner with his brother Enoch and came home to discover he had been burgled. The car was later found abandoned. Balotelli wrote Saturday on Twitter: "I feel empty! No emotions .PARIS - Canadas Fed Cup team has drawn a tough opponent for its first appearance in the elite World Group. The top-ranked Czech Republic will visit Canada for a first-round tie Feb. 7-8, 2015. "This will be our first World Group tie and the team knows that no matter who the opponent, it will be a very talented team that is one of the best in the world," Canadas Fed Cup captain Sylvain Bruneau said in a release. "This is very true of the Czech Republic as they have solid players and lots of experience winning in this competition." The official draw was conducted Wednesday at Roland Garros. In other first-round ties, Italy will host France, Germany will entertain Australia and Russia will visit Poland. The 2014 tournament will be decided in November when the Czechs host Germany in the final. Canada is currently ranked No. 8 in the world. Canada defeated Serbia 3-1 in the World Group II first round in February and beat Slovakia 3-1 in the World Group playoff in April in Quebec City. The host venue and playing surface will be announced at a later date. "We are very happy to be playing at home again as I believe it makes a difference to have the support of your home crowd," Bruneau said. "Even from the last tie against Slovakia, the core players on our team have improved so much. We now havve another eight months to take further steps and be ready in February to try and win Fed Cup.dddddddddddd" Eugenie Bouchard of Westmount, Que., anchored the Canadian victory over Slovakia with a pair of singles victories. She will play Russias Maria Sharapova in the French Open semifinals on Thursday. The Canadian roster was rounded out by Aleksandra Wozniak of Blainville, Que., Torontos Sharon Fichman and Ottawas Gabriela Dabrowski. The Czech lineup boasts players like Petra Kvitova and Lucie Safarova. The Czech Republic has won the Fed Cup seven times, including back-to-back titles in 2011 and 2012. The two countries last met in a World Group qualifying tie in 2002, when the host Czechs defeated Canada 5-0 on clay in Prerov. Canada has an all-time record of 0-5 against the Czech Republic. The winner of the tie will move on to the Fed Cup semifinals and will keep its place in the eight-country World Group for the following year. The loser will have to play a World Group playoff to maintain its spot in the elite level for 2016. The semifinals next year are scheduled for April 18-19, and the final for Nov. 14-15. In World Group II, its Argentina vs. the United States, Romania vs. Spain, Netherland vs. Slovakia, and Sweden vs. Switzerland. ——— With files from The Associated Press. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 600 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen