advantage against the Colts in the regula

in TeeLeague 22.08.2019 02:12
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

ELKHART LAKE, Wis. -- If Sam Hornish Jr. could do it over, he would be more selective in the way he made the jump from open-wheel racing to NASCAR six years ago. Now, Hornish understands the value of having the right ride. So he relishes his shot to win in the Nationwide series this year -- even if those chances arent coming every week. Hornish, the 2006 Indianapolis 500 winner and a three-time series champion in Indy-style racing, is racing a part-time Nationwide schedule for Joe Gibbs Racing in 2014. Hes splitting the No. 54 car with Sprint Cup series star Kyle Busch, so hell only get to race when Busch cant. His next opportunity is Saturdays race at Road America, a scenic 4-mile road course that winds through the tree-lined hills of central Wisconsin. "There were a lot of people that had negative comments about the fact that I was running a part-time schedule," Hornish said. "But you need to lk at what the 54 has done over the past couple of years, what the strength of the JGR organization is. I feel like Id rather have seven shots at it with an opportunity to win every time, rather than (a full schedule) and knowing that if I come home 10th, everybody on the team is going to be happy." Hornish tk the part-time ride at Gibbs this year after losing his Nationwide ride at Team Penske; despite his second-place finish to Austin Dillon in the Nationwide drivers championship standings in 2013, his sponsorship dried up and the team didnt have a place for him. In three Nationwide races this year -- two in the No. 54 car and one in the No. 20 car -- he has a victory at Iowa, a second-place finish last week at Michigan and a fifth-place finish at Talladega. And he likes his chances at Road America, where he has finished fifth each of the past two years. Its one of Hornishs favourite tracks, one he visited as a fan on family vacations and raced on in open-wheel cars early in his career. "I remember sitting down in Turn 5 as a kid watching the Indy car race," Hornish says. "Any time you can go back to a place that you have these happy childhd memories from, from a vacation or whatever it happened to be, thats always a gd thing." A win at Road America would add to the already compelling case Hornish is making for another shot at the top-tier Sprint Cup series, where hes still fighting the stigma of the disappointing first impression he made from 2008 to 2010. Getting back to Cup remains his ultimate goal, but he wont necessarily take any opportunity that comes his way. "Im going to be a little more chsy about that at this point in time, because I know that I cant carry the car," Hornish said. "Nobody can. You can put even the best drivers in the Cup series in a car thats not capable of running in the top 15, and they might get a 12th out of it a day here and there. But thats not enough to keep yourself where you want to be or to move up to that next ride." For now, Hornish wants to make the most of the opportunities he has while appreciating the additional time he has at home with his wife and three kids -- a different kind of full-time schedule. "I went to being kind of a glorified limo driver or taxi driver, taking kids here and there," Hornish says. "But its awesome. Theres been so many part of this year that I would have heard about, instead of being able to experience." Jordan Scarlett Jersey . -- Chad Labelle scored the winner 176 into the third period to give Medicine Hat a 2-1 victory over the Swift Current Broncos on Sunday and lift the Tigers into the second round of the Western Hockey League playoffs. Curtis Samuel Jersey . The first of the three games will be played in Week 4, when the Oakland Raiders will take on the Miami Dolphins on Sept. http://www.thepanthersofficialstore.com/...anthers-jersey/. "Win basketball games," Collins said. He will get at least a few more chances. Collins played the final minutes of a winning home debut with the Brklyn Nets, who cled off the Chicago Bulls with a 96-80 victory Monday night. re-panthers-jersey/" target="_blank">DJ Mre Womens Jersey . Lowry and the Raptors officially announced a four-year US$48 million dollar deal Thursday. The deal was reported last week but couldnt be made official until Thursday, when the moratorium on signings was lifted. "They were real factors. I did my homework. Jordan Scarlett Panthers Jersey .ca! There is plenty of blame to be shared as a result of the most recent NHL player (Pittsburghs Brks Orpik) to be evacuated from the ice on a stretcher following an ugly incident Saturday night in Boston.(The Sports Network) - When it comes to quarterbacks a lot of people believe either you have it or you dont. Andrew Luck has "it" and the second-year star will show the nation when he leads his Indianapolis Colts into San Diego on "Monday Night Ftball." Coverage on TSN begins with Monday Night Countdown at 70pm et/40pm pt. Kickoff follows at 80pm et/50pm pt. Week 5s impressive 34-28 win over previously unbeaten Seattle was just the latest fourth-quarter comeback for Luck, who is 15-6 as an NFL starter with an amazing nine late-game rallies, the most by any signal caller in his first 21 games since the 1970 merger. Luck threw for 229 yards with two touchdown passes against the Seahawks and guided a 14-play, 86-yard drive in the fourth quarter that ended with Donald Brown barreling in for a go-ahead score. Russell Wilson, taken 74 picks after Luck was selected first overall in the 2012 draft, had a chance to keep the Seahawks from falling into the loss column but was picked off by Darius Butler as time wound down to seal Indianapolis third straight win. Lucks favorite target was TY Hilton, who hauled in five passes for a career- high 140 yards and two touchdowns despite being covered by All-Pro cornerback Richard Sherman for a gd portion of the showdown. "This is the most resilient team Ive ever been around," an excited Colts head coach Chuck Pagano said. "I cant tell you how proud I am of every man in that locker rm." San Diego, on the other hand, is coming off a bad 27-17 loss in Oakland and will hang its hat on Philip Rivers, who is 4-1 against the Colts in his career. Rivers connected on 36-of-49 passes for 411 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions against the Raiders but the Chargers turned the ball over five times. Rkie receiver Keenan Allen hauled in six passes for 115 yards and a score, while Vincent Brown caught eight passes for 117 yards. San Diego running back Ryan Mathews left the game in the second quarter with a concussion, however, and the Chargers finished the game with just 32 yards on the ground. "It doesnt matter what level youre at, when you turn the ball over five times, its tough to win games," San Diego coach Mike McCoy said. The Chargers hold a 15-9 advantage against the Colts in the regular-season series but interestingly enough are just 4-6 in San Diego. WHAT TO WATCH FOR This could be a bit of a trap game for the young Colts and Luck because they host the Denver Broncos, who many consider to be the best team in the NFL, on Oct. 20. "I dont think youll see any of these guys walk around with their chest puffed out like a robin, walking around the yard after a big rain storm," Pagano said. "Were not going there. Well keep reminding them its a short ride from the penthouse to the outhouse." That kind of short ride probably isnt happening any time sn with Luck on hand. The former Stanford star is the first Colts quarterback not named Peyton Manning to lead Indy to sole possession of first place at any point of a season since his former college coach and current San Francisco mentor Jim Harbaugh had the Colts atop the AFC East way back on Oct.dddddddddddd 13, 1996. Luck is quickly turning into the NFLs next true star at the QB position, the kind of pure passer who creates havoc in the back seven of any defense. He is also far more athletic than most think and can extend plays with his feet, a key component in the modern NFL game. For now Luck is handling success well. "I dont think its in the DNA of a Pagano-coached team to hang your head or to get t high when youre doing something well," he said. "His approach is very methodical." Overall the Colts rank sixth in the NFL in points per game and fifth in points allowed per game, one of only three teams (New Orleans and Seattle) this season to rank in the top 10 in each category. Offensively, a big key to the Colts strong start has been the improved running game. Indianapolis ranks fourth in the NFL with 142.0 rushing yards per contest, but Ahmad Bradshaw wont be contributing to that any longer after deciding to undergo surgery on his injured neck. Trent Richardson has taken over the starring role in the backfield and ran for 56 yards against Seattle while backup Donald Brown added 37 and a touchdown. They should be able to get something done against a San Diego defense which is just 24th in the league in rush defense. "Hes a powerful runner that a lot of times doesnt go down with the first hit," Chargers linebacker Larry English said when discussing Richardson. "We have to do a great job this week tackling." The San Diego defense also has forced just two turnovers this season and is among the dregs of the league overall, allowing over 400 yards a game. On the other hand, the Chargers possess the fifth-ranked offense, gaining an average of 401.6 yards per game. Rivers has been spectacular, completing 141- of-191 passes for 1,610 yards, 13 touchdowns and five interceptions for a passer rating of 110.5. Attacking the Colts on the ground, though, is paramount because Indy ranks 30th in ftball, allowing 129.0 ypg. Mathews concussion could keep him out Monday, leaving Danny Wdhead and Ronnie Brown to handle the backfield load, which would help the Colts. "They play great team defense," Brown said. "They always have that bend-but- dont-break mentality, so on offense we have to go in and not give them any extra possessions." OVERALL ANALYSIS The Colts have outscored opponents by 54 points in their first two road games this season, which is the highest point differential through as many away games in franchise history. Thats unlikely to continue here because Rivers is so explosive but you can certainly envision a big Chargers mistake costing them in the end. Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Colts 30, Chargers 27 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 234 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen