criminal investigation over the death of a former Premier League socce

in TeeLeague 21.08.2019 11:06
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS -- A much-maligned St. Louis Cardinals defense stepped up, and Adam Wainwright kept them busy.Wainwright pitched seven innings, Kolten Wong had a two-run triple and St. Louis turned four double plays in a 3-0 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday.We played great, Wainwright said. Our guys made the plays when they needed to and swung the bats when they needed to.The Cardinals lead the majors with 64 errors. But they played a clean game against the Brewers, including double plays in the fourth, fifth and sixth for Wainwright.Jonathan Broxton got three outs and Seung Hwan Oh, a longtime closer in Japan and Korea, finished the seven-hitter for his first career save. Manager Mike Matheny removed Trevor Rosenthal from the closer role about a week ago.Whether its a young guy coming in or a more experienced pitcher, its nice to have a little more of a cushion, Matheny said.St. Louis improved to 6-2 against Milwaukee and goes for a three-game series sweep on Sunday.Milwaukee is 13-25 on the road and has lost 27 of its last 40 against the Cardinals. The Brewers have been shut out five times this season, three times by St. Louis.I dont know if I can speak for everybody but I know Im frustrated with every loss, Brewers starter Jimmy Nelson said. I dont care if its against a Pee Wee team or against the best team in the world.Wong made his first start at second base since June 4, replacing Matt Carpenter when the two-time All-Star tk the day off to attend to a death in the family. Wong had been playing the outfield since being recalled from the minors and Matheny said thats where hell be when Carpenter returns.I definitely see second base as my position and I know Ill be back there sn, Wong said. Its just now how this team is rolling Im just trying to get in the lineup wherever I can.Wongs drive eluded right fielder Ramon Flores bid for a diving catch in the third. Greg Garcia followed with a bunt hit on the squeeze on Nelson (5-7).Wong has nine RBI on the year in 165 at-bats.I havent been driving the ball at all this year, so its been tough, Wong said. I love the feeling of driving in runs and driving the ball.The Brewers had a hit every inning against Wainwright (7-5), but had two runners just once in the fifth. Wainwright lowered his ERA to 4.70, shaking off a rough outing in which he surrendered six runs in five innings at Kansas City.Wainwright made his first appearance against Milwaukee since April 25, 2015, when he ruptured his left Achilles.Nelson allowed two earned runs in six innings. He is 0-6 in seven games, all but one of them starts, against the Cardinals.Nelson, Marco Estrada and Jordan Zimmermann are the only active pitchers with five career decisions against St. Louis and zero wins.I mean, thats in the past, Nelson said. This is the first time Ive thrown against them this year. Im different than I was last year.The start was delayed 92 minutes by rain.BIG DCardinals center fielder Tommy Pham made a nice catch on Chris Carters drive to the warning track in the sixth.MILESTONES MADECardinals catcher Yadier Molina got a standing ovation for his 1,500th hit, a single in the fourth. Wainwright has 128 career victories, tied for seventh on the franchise list with Harry Brecheen (1940-52).TRAINERS RMCardinals: RF Stephen Piscotty (left ankle) returned after missing two games.UP NEXTBrewers: Chase Anderson (4-8, 5.45 ERA) gets the ball in the series finale on Sunday. He gave up five earned runs in four innings his last time out.Cardinals: Michael Wacha (4-7, 4.42 ERA) has won two straight starts and is 3-0 with a 4.42 ERA for his career against Milwaukee. This year, he is just 1-4 with a 4.82 ERA at home. st-700-outlet.html" target="_blank">Pas Cher Yeezy Bst 700 Noir . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. Acheter Yeezy Pas Cher . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. st-750-outlet.html" target="_blank">http://www.siteyeezypascher.fr/basket-yeezy-pas-cher-chine/yeezy-bst-750-outlet.html . "We have always prided ourselves on the way we play defence. Having two big pieces back is going to be a key for us moving forward for years to come," said Knighthawks head coach Mike Hasen. Adidas Yeezy a Vendre . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. Basket Yeezy Adidas Noir . Miikka Kiprusoff had just announced his retirement after a decade-long run in Calgary and it would be up to Berra and Ramo to fill the void. LONDON -- Britains police watchdog says two officers are under criminal investigation over the death of a former Premier League soccer player who was shot with a stun gun by police.The Independent Police Complaints Commission said Friday that the West Mercia Police force officers are also being served with gross misconduct notices after the death of Dalian Atkinson.The commission says a criminal investigation does not mean that criminal charges will necessarily follow.Ex-Aston Villa playeer Atkinson, 48, was shot with a Taser outside his childhd home in Telford, central England, on Monday.ddddddddddddHe was pronounced dead about 90 minutes later.The watchdog said an initial post-mortem was inconclusive.Atkinson scored 20 Premier League goals with Villa between 1991 and 1995. He also played for Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and Manchester City. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 137 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen