The Oilers repeatedly pounded the Jets in th

in TeeLeague 21.08.2019 11:06
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

The NRL hit back at reports it failed to support Queensland grassrts clubs rocked by the suicide of young players.The games governing body said on Saturday it had provided assistance to two Gold Coast clubs devastated by three players taking their lives over the past five years.Tugun Seahawks president Rod Hill told News Corp the NRL havent done anything to help the club after the death of three young players.Hill told the Gold Coast Bulletin the club was forced to deal with the issue alone and denied a request for a welfare officer to visit each week to check on players.However an NRL spokesman denied the claims, saying welfare staff visited the Tugun club, as well as the Runaway Bay and Burleigh clubs which had been affected by the suicide of players, and counselling had been offered.The NRL and QRL had provided and funded assistance and counselling to clubs hit by tragedies, the NRL said in a statement.As publicly announced in May this year, the NRL will join with the Queensland government to reach more than 200 junior rugby league clubs throughout Queensland over the next three years.Outreach and programs will help clubs and members to provide mental health training and ongoing assistance and awareness amongst local communities.The issue of pressure applied to young players has come into focus over the last several years following a spate of suicides including several players signed with NRL clubs.It prompted the NRL to launch the State of Mind program aimed at reducing the stigma about and addressing mental health issues.* For support and information about suicide prevention, call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or MensLine Australia 1300 78 99 78. per-Jersey/" target="_blank">Michael Cper Lakers Jersey . Pettersen, winner of last years Evian Championships, had nine birdies and three bogeys, holding off a series of challengers led by Marion Ricordeau of France. The second-ranked Norwegian made her season debut after missing the LPGA Tours opening event last month in the Bahamas because of a shoulder injury. Dennis Rodman Jersey . Toronto has dropped games to Indiana and Miami since a five-game winning streak and closed out a three-game road trip at 1-2. http://www.lakersbasketballshop.com/Tyson-Chandler-Jersey/ .Y. -- Injured Buffalo Sabres forward Marcus Foligno did not practice with the team Monday and head coach Ron Rolston said its unlikely hell play in Wednesdays season opener in Detroit. Jamaal Wilkes Lakers Jersey . - The Washington Redskins have cut defensive lineman Adam Carriker and punter Sav Rocca. Byron Scott Jersey . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. WINNIPEG, Manitoba -- Wayne Gretzky will make a rare return to the ice Saturday to play alongside other former Edmonton Oilers greats against Winnipeg Jets alumni as part of the Heritage Classic weekend.I mean, I skate once a year. I just really never find the energy, the enthusiasm to grab my equipment and say, Oh, Im going to play pickup hockey, Gretzky said Friday. I think when you play in the National Hockey League -- you play with the best players and against the best players -- its hard to go play Friday night hockey.Golf is more Gretzkys game now, and he has left his competitive drive behind him, for the most part.Its not going to change my life if I sht 81 or 96, so I really just truly have fun now, Gretzky said.The outdr alumni game is the second for Gretzky. He laced up for a similar Heritage Classic matchup in 2003 between former Oilers and Montreal Canadiens.Hes playing again because the game raises money for charities. Its also a chance to see some of his former teammates from the Oilers dynasty of the 1980s -- Mark Messier, Jari Kurri, Paul Coffey and more.AAnd facing the Jets -- longtime rivals in the World Hockey Association and National Hockey League -- is special.dddddddddddd The Oilers repeatedly pounded the Jets in the playoffs in the 1980s, but Gretzky said they were always tough opponents.The games and the series were closer than the scores would indicate, he said. We had a Hall of Fame goaltender and an almost-Hall of Hame goaltender, and those guys played really well here all the time, but those teams were evenly matched.Dale Hawerchuk, the Jets captain during the Oilers dynasty era who is leading the Jets alumni team Saturday, remembers facing a powerhouse every time the former Smythe Division rivals met.The challenge to beat the Edmonton Oilers was incredible ... and we beat them a few times, we just couldnt get through them in the playoffs, Hawerchuk said. Thats why you sign up to play this game -- to play with the best against the best, and they were definitely the best in that decade. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 160 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen